ADVERTISEMENT

Pick your final four

Just for fun, I'll try to piss off both fanbases.

This is the best stretch during the Tennessee-Kentucky tenure. 9 wins during an 11 game stretch. Also, Rick Barnes is 8-5 vs. Calipari

tennessee-kentucky.jpg

Now, this is how many mid-majors have more Elite 8 appearances than Tennessee (I'm not including current AAC members):

San Francisco, 7
UNLV, 5
Santa Clara, 5
Wyoming, 5
Dartmouth, 5
Gonzaga, 4
Holy Cross, 4
NYU, 4 (now D-III)
St.Joseph's, 3
Dayton, 3
Davidson, 3
BYU, 3
Penn, 3
Bradley, 3
Drake, 3
Navy, 3
Western Kentucky, 2
La Salle, 2
Loyola Chicago, 2
Massachusetts, 2
Long Beach State, 2
Canisius, 2
Utah State, 2
Duquense, 2
Rice, 2
CCNY, 2 (now D-III)

I truthfully don’t know what it is. But I’m happy for you guys regardless. Tennessee fans need all they can get right now. If a .500 record against UK in basketball in 4 years is something to hold on to, by all means, slam away! SmokinSmile
You even have that wrong. I was tagged in here by a Duke fan and then a UK fan started in on UT. I am more of a "counter puncher". I didn't choose the slam life, the slam life chose me.Laughing

Since you have picked 4 years as a starting point, you'll notice the closer you get to the present the larger the advantage goes to Barnes. (imagine a line graph):cool:

Just for fun, I'll try to piss off both fanbases.

This is the best stretch during the Tennessee-Kentucky tenure. 9 wins during an 11 game stretch. Also, Rick Barnes is 8-5 vs. Calipari

tennessee-kentucky.jpg

Now, this is how many mid-majors have more Elite 8 appearances than Tennessee (I'm not including current AAC members):

San Francisco, 7
UNLV, 5
Santa Clara, 5
Wyoming, 5
Dartmouth, 5
Gonzaga, 4
Holy Cross, 4
NYU, 4 (now D-III)
St.Joseph's, 3
Dayton, 3
Davidson, 3
BYU, 3
Penn, 3
Bradley, 3
Drake, 3
Navy, 3
Western Kentucky, 2
La Salle, 2
Loyola Chicago, 2
Massachusetts, 2
Long Beach State, 2
Canisius, 2
Utah State, 2
Duquense, 2
Rice, 2
CCNY, 2 (now D-III)
At least UK and UT fans can take comfort in the fact you won't bring up CFB, right peewee?

You even have that wrong. I was tagged in here by a Duke fan and then a UK fan started in on UT. I am more of a "counter puncher". I didn't choose the slam life, the slam life chose me.Laughing

Since you have picked 4 years as a starting point, you'll notice the closer you get to the present the larger the advantage goes to Barnes. (imagine a line graph):cool:
I don’t even care if you smack talk UK, it’s just the argument you’re using is really bad. It’s fine, though.

I won’t say a word about football until we actually beat you guys. We’ve had so many winnable games recently against Tennessee and for whatever reason we hardly win them. So we should win this season but I will refrain from saying anything until we get it done.

I don’t even care if you smack talk UK, it’s just the argument you’re using is really bad. It’s fine, though.

I won’t say a word about football until we actually beat you guys. We’ve had so many winnable games recently against Tennessee and for whatever reason we hardly win them. So we should win this season but I will refrain from saying anything until we get it done.
If you're going to say my argument is bad, it is on you to show the fault in it. It is also on you to argue against what I'm presenting and not what you wish I was presenting.

My argument in a nutshell is that UT has risen to parity with UK in recent years. Neither you or JC have even managed to knock the shine off it, much less disprove it.

Btw, you are one of my favorite UK posters and that is because you are sensible and polite.:)

Reactions: JimboBBN
At least UK and UT fans can take comfort in the fact you won't bring up CFB, right peewee?

If you're into "current status", does it bother you that Duke actually has a 10-win season this decade, unlike Tennessee? Or does that only apply when it's convenient?

Also, I come from a football family. See #1 in this pic with the POTUS? That's my brother. Had another brother play for the Air Force Academy.

011201_george_w_bush_coin_toss_ap_605_978.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If you're going to say my argument is bad, it is on you to show the fault in it. It is also on you to argue against what I'm presenting and not what you wish I was presenting.

My argument in a nutshell is that UT has risen to parity with UK in recent years. Neither you or JC have even managed to knock the shine off it, much less disprove it.

Btw, you are one of my favorite UK posters and that is because you are sensible and polite.:)
Back at you girl. You’ve always been one of my favorite to go back and forth with!

Reactions: della
If you're into "current status", does it bother you that Duke actually has a 10-win season this decade, unlike Tennessee? Or does that only apply when it's convenient?

Also, I come from a football player. See #1 in this pic with the POTUS? That's my brother. Had another brother play for the Air Force Academy.

011201_george_w_bush_coin_toss_ap_605_978.jpg
Nope, it doesn't. Duke and UT CFB suck lately and misery doesn't enjoy company.

What do you mean, "you come from a football player"? Is your brother your father? Are you sure you're not a UK fan? Regardless, I don't think I want to go down that trail with you.

Nope, it doesn't. Duke and UT CFB suck lately and misery doesn't enjoy company.

What do you mean, "you come from a football player"? Is your brother your father? Are you sure you're not a UK fan? Regardless, I don't think I want to go down that trail with you.

*football family

ADVERTISEMENT