Philámayaye (thank you)

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by cherokee63, May 6, 2017.

1. cherokee63

cherokee63 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I just wanted to post a thank you to the Rivals family from myself and my family for the support.

@ForeverNole22 and @tigity have shown such incredible support during the past couple of months for me and my family and there are not words adequate enough to thank both of them for their friendship.

Híƞhaƞni Cetan(Morning Hawk), my wonderful wife, was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer a couple of months back. We went to MD Anderson cancer center and found out that it was inoperable and could not be treated successfully, so we returned home and spent the last couple of months enjoying our time together as much as possible until she made her journey this past Sunday evening. We held a Pipe Ceremony and spread her ashes along the creek called Wounded Knee.

A few may remember my posts about our love. We met when we were 6 yrs old and shared a child's kiss then. We have essentially been together ever since. She is the only woman I ever kissed, ever dated, or ever made love with. We were childhood sweethearts in every sense of the word. We got married at 18 and would have been celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary this summer.

I can honestly say that everyday I fell in love with her again and everyday was a celebration of that love. She was the most beautiful, intelligent, caring, and wonderful woman in the world and I was truly honored to be her husband.

She had the most beautiful soul of any person I have ever met, from her unconditional love for all people, to her dedication and devotion to all animals, be it a four legged, winged one, or finned one. I never knew what addition to the family I would find in the evening when I came in from working the ranch. It may be another dog, a cat, a duck, a squirrel, or even a injured eagle one time.

She spent many hours working with girls on our traditions, counseling rape victims, taking food, clothing, blankets, etc. to our Elders and families in need. Her heart was open to everyone.

Before she made her journey, we talked about alot of things, including Amira coming into our life last year. She and I believe that Creator brought Amira to us knowing that this time was coming. Creator brought Amira to us to save me, not us saving her.

2. chrawer

chrawer Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

God bless you and yours cherokee63
    Will keep you in my thoughts and remember this story on what true love should look like

3. nolesincebirth

nolesincebirth Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Cherokee, words cannot express my sympathies for your loss. I cannot even fathom the pain of what you're experiencing. You have my most sincere condolences and your post is such an awesome tribute to a person who obviously lived a great life. I can only pray that you can somehow find peace in the coming days, months, and years. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

4. Tenn"cock

Tenn"cock Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not many people are fortunate to meet and be with their soulmate like you have and you will always have that. You and your family have been in our prayers and will continue to be so.

5. TeganInBama

TeganInBama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Really sorry Cherokee. Don't know what else to say but that, man. Hope there is a bit of grace for you in the days to come. Your wife sounds like she was a great woman. If only I could be so lucky. Seriously, best wishes dude.

6. dade305cane

dade305cane Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I read this and instantly had tears in my eyes, I cannot imagine what you are going through but I admire your strength. I pray for you during this heartbreaking time and I know it won't be easy, I really don't know what else to say but you are in my thoughts! God Bless!!!

7. PSU1985

PSU1985 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

8. LSUdude3756

LSUdude3756 Gogfather
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Damn dude. That was beautiful. Got me a little teary eyed. Stay strong my friend

9. osceola63

osceola63 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful words to describe a beautiful relationship. Stay strong my friend you are in my thoughts and
    prayers.

10. RTider77

RTider77 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Eloquent sir. My thoughts are with you and your family.

11. ForeverNole22

ForeverNole22 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful post my friend. Very, very touching.

My wife and I have had the exact same conversation about Amira the last couple of days. She will be a strength to you during this extremely difficult time.

12. sheluvsbama

sheluvsbama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This was my thought too.... that Amira would be a huge help in your recovery from this terrible loss. I know she will be. It is my belief that people come into our lives for a reason. Love comes to us when we aren't looking for it. I am so grateful for Amira, and for the beautiful years you shared in happiness with your precious wife. They will always be part of you.

cherokee63 and dade305cane like this.
  13. cherokee63

cherokee63 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It may be awhile before I am back with any type of regularity.

For those kind friends here that have asked what they could do or wished to do something for the family(Toad, ODD, sheluvsbama, etc), there are 2 things.

First and foremost, show and share your love and heart with all those around you and cherish your loved ones, for unconditional love is the greatest gift we can give.

Second, if you would like to, make a donation to any animal rescue in your area in her name. That will bring a smile to her and honor her life.

Words cannot convey my and my family's thanks for all the outpouring of support shown by our Rival's family.

Mitákuye Oyás'iŋ

14. OldDevilDAWG

OldDevilDAWG Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I respect and admire your strength, my friend. I am humbled to know that you thought of me during your darkest time. Please remember that I am always by your side. May you find peace and comfort in your pain.

15. osceola63

osceola63 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

@cherokee63, this summer the wife and I will be in SD...if you're up for a visit we'd love to meet you.

16. sheluvsbama

Expand Collapse

If anyone doubts that true love is real, this relationship is all that you need to be convinced. I want to thank @cherokee63 for sharing the beauty and the sorrow of his life with us. We have more lessons to learn and he is still teaching us. All blessings to him and to his loving family.

17. Debou

Debou Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry for your loss, Cherokee. Just know this rivals family is here for you if we can help.

18. kwsusmc

kwsusmc Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow, my words cannot express the beauty of your words. Or the deepness of your loss.

God bless you and your family. Prayers thoughts and well wishes.

I too found my soulmate. Although my wife wasn't my first anything. And I did not receive her Cherry at least I have the box it came in. We've been married for 20 years now. She survived breast cancer and I thank God every day he allowed her to stay with our family.

My heart aches for you and yours. God bless......

19. Starscream.

Starscream. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for your loss cherokee, I know you guys were heavily involved with animal rescue and you said any donation to a rescue in her name would be appreciated.

I help out with a rescue where I live and I'll tell the story of your wife to some people at the shelter next time im there.

20. UCFhonors

UCFhonors Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Truly sorry for your loss. Sharing can help the grieving process. Well done.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

21. Proud_Okie

Proud_Okie Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So sorry for your loss. Lean on those close to you for support during this tough time. Stay strong, as I know you will. God bless.

cherokee63 and sheluvsbama like this.
  22. Toadman005Alabama

Toadman005Alabama Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Amazing post. You're in my prayers my friend.

23. ForeverNole22

Expand Collapse

Absolutely. Great post.

24. sheluvsbama

Expand Collapse

Thank you for saying so. ;)

25. MelbBamaFan

MelbBamaFan MelbBamaFan@hotmail.com
    Expand Collapse

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Cherokee. I am happy that you had something many people don't, which is a lifetime love affair which not even death can diminish.

I wish you peace and the strength to endure this loss.

26. LeroyOU12

LeroyOU12 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Cherokee, your post is very touching and beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

27. stakesarehigh

stakesarehigh Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Same. Just a very inspiring individual and my heart goes out to him and his family.

28. arockthief

arockthief Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I hope with great and huge hope that young people learned from your dear Híƞhaƞni Cetan. Her legacy is remarkable.

29. IrishBlooded

IrishBlooded Moderator
    Expand Collapse

You always have family here. And I cannot imagine the pain in your heart right now.

Always remember no one us gone as long as they aren't forgotten.

30. AlaCrimsonTide06

AlaCrimsonTide06 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Much prayers! Sorry for your loss

31. 285exp

285exp Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Cherokee, I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy that you had such a wonderful life with a wonderful person. Bless you my friend.

32. nupist

nupist Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I know you don't have to be told, but you have been a truly blessed man to have that woman in your life. Most of us will never get near that plane of love and happiness, of joy and devotion, so that makes it all the more tragic to hear when that rare bond is broken. I am truly sorry for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

33. ForeverNole22

Expand Collapse

34. lyquidmetal

lyquidmetal Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Even tho I felt totally inadequate to offer any good words I felt compelled to send him an email with but a little from me in his trying time.

35. gobucks0409

gobucks0409 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I hope
    No doubt... I hope I'm able to find someone who I can care half as much about.

36. jackrabbit slim

jackrabbit slim Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I will honor you both every chance I get by telling your beautiful story to others as encouragement and inspiration. Very few of us are lucky enough to be in the presence of a person with a gift of gentle grace that God only grants to his chosen. You are a very fortunate man Cherokee and I cannot name another with the devotion to all of God's creatures as your amazing wife. Peace be with you.

37. Diego Roll Tide

Diego Roll Tide Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I cannot add much other than to say that we are blessed to know you Cherokee, even if through a board. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Given the person you are, I suspect you have much support at home, but never forget you have it here as well.

38. della

della Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

There are very few people I admire in the world. I count you as one of that elite few. Though, people throw out the term "role model" around a lot, you and your wife have been the definition of that term.

I am truly saddened by the passing of your precious wife and your loss. When it comes to measuring one's life, how your gift of life was used is immeasurable more important that length of time spent living it. I know your wife used it well and many were blessed by knowing her.

You and your family are in my prayers.

39. leatherhemet

leatherhemet Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

After hearing your story, you are a very rich man, in all the ways that really count Cherokee63. Will continue to pray for you.

40. bucmarish

bucmarish Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

So, so terribly sorry for your loss...

cherokee63 likes this.