ADVERTISEMENT

Pets

have had a rescued cat for 4 months and just took the dog to the vet where he has to stay for awhile. the cat is going all over the house looking for the dog.

they are they attached to each other which amazed me. anybody else have the same experience with your cat and dog?

After planting the seed a couple months ago, my wife has finally broken down and declared that she likes the name "Mr. Lahey" for one of our 2 yellow lab puppies we are getting later this year. Leaning towards Rayford for the other name in honor of my favorite pro athlete Rayford Trae Young.

Reactions: Yellow Man
We have a 18 pound Schnoodle now. Picked him up from Richmond animal shelter about 5 years ago. He was full grown and 7 lbs 10 oz when we got him. He was picked up the day before a big snowstorm hit us. No way he would have survived. My once In a lifetime dog Maggie has been gone since 5/25/18. She was also a stray. Black Mouth Cur and the sweetest dog in the world as long as you were human or another dog. She was 55 lbs and all muscle. Saw her go after a raccoon who decided to stand his ground. He lasted about 10 seconds. I swear sometimes she could read my mind. Still not over losing her. Looking now for a Boykin Spaniel rescue. So far every one I’ve found is 1000 to 2000 miles away.

Reactions: sven187
Parents have a 12 year old. Great dog has meant a ton to them. Went deaf and we all think she got happier
This ^. We have a 13 year old lab beagle who is pretty introverted. He is 100% happier since he went deaf. Come to think of it my life got better as my hearing degraded too.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Got this pup last August. Wanted to name her Nutella. Unfortunately, we let our little girl name her, and she gave it the wildly unoriginal name of Bella. Here's what she looked like when we first got her, roughly two months old.

101-6836.jpg

The pics below were taken this past winter. Don't think she's grown a lot since then. She's notorious for stealing items from other people's yard (see Sunkist bottle). Apparently two acres isn't enough yard for her to roam. So, we were forced to install an in-ground electric fence to keep her away from the neighbors. She's a good dog, though.

101-7112.jpg

101-7104.jpg

101-7099.jpg

Solid topic...

Have 2 Catahoulas.
My brother in law and sister breed them so I was given two
Have one male 5 years old. Unfixed of course.
One female 2 years old.

My daughter left me with a cat. Think it is about 5 years old. Craziest cat I ever seen. On my back patio I have it enclosed with shade cloth so I can throw the cat box in there.
Cat is smart enough to find its way back into the patio.
Only issue is that it comes back in the cat door with things it catches.

Cause the cat is smart I keep it around. Actually has found a way to charm my 2 dogs.

Got this pup last August. Wanted to name her Nutella. Unfortunately, we let our little girl name her, and she gave it the wildly unoriginal name of Bella. Here's what she looked like when we first got her, roughly two months old.

101-6836.jpg

The pics below were taken this past winter. Don't think she's grown a lot since then. She's notorious for stealing items from other people's yard (see Sunkist bottle). Apparently two acres isn't enough yard for her to roam. So, we were forced to install an in-ground electric fence to keep her away from the neighbors. She's a good dog, though.

101-7112.jpg

101-7104.jpg

101-7099.jpg
bella is a good name. sometimes kids can come up with the right name for their pet.

my grandson names ours rocky, have some more choicefull names that I sometimes want to call him. my wife just at time calls him a thief as he gets into her purse if its open and steals kleenex's, oh well. to late to rename him bandit.

got out of the house to deliver gifts to my niece for the baby shower, they have a German Shorthair that thinks he is a lap dog.

Parents have a 12 year old. Great dog has meant a ton to them. Went deaf and we all think she got happier

12 is a long run for the breed. Mine must be deaf too. They pay no attention..

Last edited:
Reactions: klize17
We have a 18 pound Schnoodle now. Picked him up from Richmond animal shelter about 5 years ago. He was full grown and 7 lbs 10 oz when we got him. He was picked up the day before a big snowstorm hit us. No way he would have survived. My once In a lifetime dog Maggie has been gone since 5/25/18. She was also a stray. Black Mouth Cur and the sweetest dog in the world as long as you were human or another dog. She was 55 lbs and all muscle. Saw her go after a raccoon who decided to stand his ground. He lasted about 10 seconds. I swear sometimes she could read my mind. Still not over losing her. Looking now for a Boykin Spaniel rescue. So far every one I’ve found is 1000 to 2000 miles away.

We looked for Boykin's also. Just too few right now.

If you have a dog or cat or something else GITT. Tell us the breed and how old he/she is..etc. Pictures always welcomed.

Mutt, looks like a Jack Russel with maybe some beagle. 10 years old. I rescued him two months ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT