ADVERTISEMENT

Pets

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
If you have a dog or cat or something else GITT. Tell us the breed and how old he/she is..etc. Pictures always welcomed.

We have a male 14 year old solid black cat. His sister died about 3 years ago.

2006-036.jpg

Last edited:
Had a dog for 15 years. My entire adult life up until the day she died. Wife (girlfriend at the time) had a cat but when we moved into our first place together I convinced her to let the cat go outside. He never came back.

We have a cat now. Would rather have a dog, but that will be another day.

This picture perfectly illustrates how crazy this fvcker is.

Resized-20200202-202827.jpg

Weird timing. After waiting 10 weeks, we just picked up our 2 new Bengal kittens today. Here's a picture of what they'll look like when adult:

bengal-cat.jpg

and the snow bengal:

c0ae391a4e773c3fd576a6f72d1980bc.jpg

We also have a solid black cat that lives outside, and 2 aquariums.

Weird timing. After waiting 10 weeks, we just picked up our 2 new Bengal kittens today. Here's a picture of what they'll look like when adult:

bengal-cat.jpg

and the snow bengal:

I’m not a cat guy, put those are cool looking.

I’ve got a 7 year old golden doodle named Teddy. See the avatar. He’s two days away from his 8 week x-ray after rehabbing a torn doggie ACL (the 8 week mark is when he can be cleared to start slowly resuming normal activity). Def looking forward to getting him out catching frisbees again.

Smart as can be and is supremely motivated by being a good boy. Likes that more than he likes food. I obviously can’t predict the future but I got a feeling he’s gonna be our “once in a lifetime” dog.

We have a male 14 year old solid black cat. His sister died about 3 years ago.

2006-036.jpg

Im a cards fan but that gray cat is beautiful. I love domestic cats that look like “wildcats” or bobcats with the spots on their sides and stripes on their head like that, my buddy has one. My high schools mascot is the wildcats as well but the colors are black/white not blue/white. My condolences if that’s the one that passed. And not meaning to slight the black one I’ve just always personally thought the grey ones like that are the prettiest cats on the earth.

bengal-cat.jpg

and the snow bengal:

Those are fkin awesome, I’ve never seen that breed before. I can’t bring myself to pay a lot of money for a pet bc I live on a farm and can’t rationalize buying a cat/dog that costs anywhere near what another cow would cost to add to the herd. I wish I could though, those things are bad ass.

I’m not a cat guy, put those are cool looking.

I’ve got a 7 year old golden doodle named Teddy. See the avatar. He’s two days away from his 8 week x-ray after rehabbing a torn doggie ACL (the 8 week mark is when he can be cleared to start slowly resuming normal activity). Def looking forward to getting him out catching frisbees again.

Smart as can be and is supremely motivated by being a good boy. Likes that more than he likes food. I obviously can’t predict the future but I got a feeling he’s gonna be our “once in a lifetime” dog.

Those are fkin awesome, I’ve never seen that breed before. I can’t bring myself to pay a lot of money for a pet bc I live on a farm and can’t rationalize buying a cat/dog that costs anywhere near what another cow would cost to add to the herd. I wish I could though, those things are bad ass.

Thanks! We did have to spend a pretty penny on them - $800/cat. Seems like ridiculous money (and actually it is). We got them a little less than most. During this time off, we came to realize how much our kids wanted a pet that we kept inside, and thought the breed was really cool too. We just went for it. I love dogs too, but we’re so busy that we like the low maintenance of cats right now. They’re supposed to live about 18 years, so we broke it down into cost over 18 years. Laughing

We had a weiner dog---Bruiser. Gave him to family when we moved. I loved that dude...Had a senegal parrot also...Flew out the door.

I do not have cat---that I promise you.Winking

thumbnail

Last edited:
JFC, dude...I don't have that many pics of my kids...Laughing

Ive got about 1000 more on my phone.

Great looking pups. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks man. It’s been a shitty month. But I’m thankful I got to spend the last two months of his life at home with him during the quarantine.

Ive got about 1000 more on my phone.

Thanks man. It’s been a shitty month. But I’m thankful I got to spend the last two months of his life at home with him during the quarantine.

Dang that’s a great way of looking at it. Happy. For you too.

I’ve worked from home for almost 6 years now. Teddy is 7, so he’s spent most of his life with me working from home. There are weeks when I don’t travel for work that we will spend 72 or so straight hours together. When his rainbow bridge journey comes, it’s gonna be tooooouuuugh.

And yeah I got about 1,000 pics too lol.

We’ve had a lot of different pets throughout my life. We’ve had dogs, cats, birds, fish and a ferret. I’m going to try to see how many of the dogs I can list that we’ve had. lol

1 St Bernard
3 Miniature Poodles
1 Toy Poodle (technically it’s my sister’s dog that she currently has)
3 Pekingese
1 Black Lab/Chow mix
1 Black Lab/Chow/Collie mix
1 Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu mix
2 Chocolate Labs (1 that I still have that will be 8 years old in November)

I feel like I’m probably missing at least a few dogs but I’m not sure because we’ve had so many throughout my life. lol

Interesting story about 2 dogs we’ve had. When I had my Black Lab/Chow mix, his name was Bandit then we got the first of our 2 Chocolate Labs and we named him Smokey. So at one point I had dogs named Smokey and the Bandit at the same time. lol

Reactions: GE Nole
Lost my 13 year old yellow lab to a burst tumor about a year and a half ago. We wanted to wait till we moved out of Chicago and into the suburbs before getting another dog. Did that move a couple months ago. Have a deposit with the breeder from my first dog for 2 male puppies scheduled to be born in the fall.

If all goes according to plan we'll have two yellow lab brothers by Christmas. My last dog was named Lionel. Got him in 2005 and named him after Lionel Messi which shows what a great talent scout I am since Messi was only 17 when I did that. I was a big soccer and Barcelona fan back then.

For the names for these two we haven't decided, but we're leaning towards Trae and Luka or maybe Rayford (Trae Young's first name) and Luka. Also thinking about some classic country music names like Waylan, Merle or Willie. Could mix and match too, doesn't have to be two sports or two music names.

Either way, I'm really pumped to get the pups. My new house backs up to a great little park. Got a soccer field 20 feet from my backdoor. Got a finished carpeted basement for them to run around in when we're watching a game or something. Gonna be a great place to raise a couple dogs.

Lost my 13 year old yellow lab to a burst tumor about a year and a half ago. We wanted to wait till we moved out of Chicago and into the suburbs before getting another dog. Did that move a couple months ago. Have a deposit with the breeder from my first dog for 2 male puppies scheduled to be born in the fall.

If all goes according to plan we'll have two yellow lab brothers by Christmas. My last dog was named Lionel. Got him in 2005 and named him after Lionel Messi which shows what a great talent scout I am since Messi was only 17 when I did that. I was a big soccer and Barcelona fan back then.

For the names for these two we haven't decided, but we're leaning towards Trae and Luka or maybe Rayford (Trae Young's first name) and Luka. Also thinking about some classic country music names like Waylan, Merle or Willie. Could mix and match too, doesn't have to be two sports or two music names.

Either way, I'm really pumped to get the pups. My new house backs up to a great little park. Got a soccer field 20 feet from my backdoor. Got a finished carpeted basement for them to run around in when we're watching a game or something. Gonna be a great place to raise a couple dogs.

That’s awesome, man. Waylon and Willie has a pretty good ring to it. But I like Trae too.

We live directly on a park/pond too. Teddy freaking loves it. He thinks the whole thing is his yard lol. Has a lot of fun chasing the geese, egrets, and cranes, or the occasional beaver or otter. Stays away from the big hawks though.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
GetAttachmentThumbnail

we got 2 spoiled cats that want more attention than dogs do...they are 4 years old now.. the box kitty chunker supreme is named Happy and his sister on the bottom is Butters , short for buttercup. EDIT: Happy's pic wont load so I'll post again with his pic

Love dogs too but the mother in laws dog is over here so much its practically our dog too so we just settle on having 2 cats.

currently own a 3 year old mixed dog who is spoiled rotten small breed
just a couple months ago right before the lockdown went into effect went and got a rescued cat currently 1 1/2 years old. getting spoiled, they argue over who will sleep where on the bed. last night the wife threw the cat out and shut the door.
Cat is named Charlie who is a dirty yellowish and the dogs name is Rockie who has a mixture of colors. they are quite the pair during the day.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Have one doggo. His name is Apollo. He is half German Shepherd and half Black Lab. I got so damn lucky with this dog. Rescued him from the Kentucky Humane Society in February of 2018. He is beyond smart, very loyal, and is the friendliest guy you can ask for, unless you mess with his father ;) He just turned 3 in April.

I'll try and post a picture at some point.

Male Rottweiler - will be 10 in October which sucks as their expectancy is 10-12 years
Bro, they are family in every sense. Some people might not get it, but I am much more compassionate about dogs and animals than I am most people. Most people are fvcking assholes. All a dog wants to do is be your best friend and love you endlessly. As others have said, enjoy these next couple of years. I get emotional still to this day talking about my first dog that passed away three years ago. In fact, we had him put down three years ago on this day exactly. RIP, Gunner.

This is Sox. He showed up as a kitten on our doorstep when my wife was in med school. He’s now 4 years old, 23 pounds and not overweight. So far he’s done this to escape from the back room of the vet and walking in on my MIL in the shower
eHurQU5.jpg

This is Sox. He showed up as a kitten on our doorstep when my wife was in med school. He’s now 4 years old, 23 pounds and not overweight. So far he’s done this to escape from the back room of the vet and walking in on my MIL in the shower
eHurQU5.jpg
One of the dogs that I mentioned in a post earlier had passed away but we didn’t get rid of his doghouse then many years later, my dad was working in the yard and kept hearing a meowing sound. So he kept listening and trying to figure out where the meowing sound was coming from and he finally realized that the meowing sound was coming from the doghouse. So he went to check it out and found a kitten inside of the doghouse. It took me about a month to get it tame because I would go out everyday and try to get it to let me pet it or pick it up but I had a nice and a nephew that were both around 7-8 years old at the time and you now how curious kids are at that age but I finally got the kitten take to the point that it would come to me every time that I went outside and called it’s name which I named him Oreo because we was darkish gray/black and white. It eventually got to the point that I could call him and scrape my knee and he’d come running and jump in my lap. I had him for about 5 years until one morning called me and told me that she found him laying on the side of the road while was waiting with her kids for the school because he had got hit by a car but he was still alive, so she took him to the vet to see if he could be patched because he got injured pretty bad when he got hit by the car. After my neighbor told me what she ended up spending at the vet, I told her she could keep him since she spent so much money to get him patched up. When I first told her she could keep him, she kept him inside but eventually she put him back outside because he couldn’t clean himself because of some of the injuries that he suffered. She had him for about another 5 years before he died. I was surprised that he survived his injuries to begin with but I was really surprised that he lived another 10 years. His first life must’ve lasted the first 5 years then being hit by that car must’ve taken lives 2-8 and his 9th and last life lasted the final 5 years of his life. Sorry for being so long winded. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Moscow Dawg
Super Buff Cat aka Scout

14480649_10207462392225493_3833567702361091662_o.jpg

Hates his cape.
When my black cats sister got sick she lost a lot of weight so we started getting high calorie food from the vet for her. He was eating it too, and his head looked like a bowling bowl stuck on a pit bull body. His legs were shorter. After she died we quit buying it and it's back to normal now.

Reactions: IrktogBuff
Male Rottweiler - will be 10 in October which sucks as their expectancy is 10-12 years

Cherish the next couple years, buddy.

Make these next years special.

That's what this guy was doing. Make the next couple of years "Special".

Maine man accused of videotaping himself having sex with dog
by Lauren Abbate, BDN Staff

Wednesday, September 4th 2019
27a7380a-3d15-426c-b446-ff91907a0ad9-large16x9_12943301_H25311216720x445.jpg

Nicholase Hill (Knox County Jail)

ROCKLAND (BDN) -- A Hope man is charged with animal cruelty after police say he had sex multiple times with a dog and videotaped the act on at least one occasion.

Nicholase Hill, 28, was arrested Aug. 28 and booked in the Knox County Jail. He was released the following day on a $250 cash bail.

On Aug. 20, police received a complaint from an individual alleging that Hill had been having sex with with his dog, according to an affidavit filed by the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Investigators were able to obtain a video that Hill allegedly sent to a woman in February of himself having sex with a dog. Police interviewed the woman, who said that Hill “wanted her to get involved” in a threesome with himself and the dog, according to the affidavit. The woman refused.

Hill allegedly told the woman that he had sex with the same dog multiple times, according to the affidavit.

He is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 16.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
eHurQU5.jpg

Pic of MIL?

I have a six year old retired racing greyhound who is now spoiled rotten. She ended up getting brought to the US after they shut down the track she was at in Macau. Everything I’ve read indicates the track (the Canidrome) was absolutely horrible and it’s wild she survived there as long as she did - she was almost five when it shut down.

Was a tough adjustment once I got her but very much worth it, she’s the best. Smart, forty mile an hour couch potato who loves having her people now. Really want another dog but don’t think it’s the time quite yet.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Great breed.
I breed & train Rotts for a living. I personally have 2 as pets.
The only negative thing about them is that they don’t live very long. You can usually get a few more years out of them if you keep the weight off.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Great breed.
I breed & train Rotts for a living. I personally have 2 as pets.
The only negative thing about them is that they don’t live very long. You can usually get a few more years out of them if you keep the weight off.

He's my second - the first one lived to 11 and died of osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Great dogs.

Both of mine have been males and my second one is intact. So they can be a bit of a challenge to handle at times and training at an early age is a must. But I've always been good with dogs so they turned out to be fine young men.

We are currently owned by 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We have had 5 of them over the last 30 years. They are at least as dumb as I am, love to lay around and watch games, eat all the crumbs and leftovers I spill in my lap.

They are addicting. Went 3 years without one and a breeder we know called to tell us he had a good litter. We went to look, and there were 2 left. Wife told me we would not leave one behind. As I type this, both are in my lap asleep.

We are currently owned by 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We have had 5 of them over the last 30 years. They are at least as dumb as I am, love to lay around and watch games, eat all the crumbs and leftovers I spill in my lap.

They are addicting. Went 3 years without one and a breeder we know called to tell us he had a good litter. We went to look, and there were 2 left. Wife told me we would not leave one behind. As I type this, both are in my lap asleep.

Parents have a 12 year old. Great dog has meant a ton to them. Went deaf and we all think she got happier

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT