ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Nance

Mrs.Jeans15

May 5, 2018
Good pick up for UNC in the portal.

Fills a need.

Last edited:
As a Carolina fan I was down and out on the future of this team before last season began. What a turnaround. Ending K, twice. A trip to the ‘ship. And, Final Four or bust this season. Add to that the fact that the recruiting is on fire. Top player for 2023 already signed. Love it. 🐏

We'll see. I think portal transfers are going to be about a 50/50 proposition going forward. Hopefully this dude is more Manek than Garcia.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
As a Carolina fan I was down and out on the future of this team before last season began. What a turnaround. Ending K, twice. A trip to the ‘ship. And, Final Four or bust this season. Add to that the fact that the recruiting is on fire. Top player for 2023 already signed. Love it. 🐏
We'll see. I think portal transfers are going to be about a 50/50 proposition going forward. Hopefully this dude is more Manek than Garcia.
Off topic, but what do you guys think of Kerwin Walton? I've heard everything from he's a bust, he got passed by superior talent, or he didn't fit the new system. What's your honest opinion of him and his game? Is he going to contribute at all at Tech?

Off topic, but what do you guys think of Kerwin Walton? I've heard everything from he's a bust, he got passed by superior talent, or he didn't fit the new system. What's your honest opinion of him and his game? Is he going to contribute at all at Tech?

He just needs an offense where he fits IMO. He can be a very good shooter in the right offense. He is sort of slow and not great at getting his own shot. Roy's offense got him some looks where Hubert's needed him to create a little more, which isn't his thing. He just never seem to fit in with what Davis wanted and always seemed kind of lost out there. I was surprised he went to Tech because he is such a poor defensive player. I think character wise and in terms of a teammate he is a fine addition anywhere though. I'll be pulling for him.

Another Off topic post. A horse farm in Kentucky (Bourbon Co.) has a NIL deal with Bacot.

"He whips out his phone and pulls up some financial charts. From March 1 through June 8, in the months after he led North Carolina to the national championship game, he made a $21,000 profit selling T-shirts capitalizing on his name, image and likeness. His first endorsement deal, which he signed with Jimmy’s Famous Seafood last summer, was worth five figures. He has since signed with a thoroughbred farm in Kentucky called Town and Country Farms and a technology consulting firm called CapTech, in addition to a card deal with Topps. He does promotional work for Me Fine, a social-services charity, and he took a paid acting role on the Netflix show Outer Banks."

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Another Off topic post. A horse farm in Kentucky (Bourbon Co.) has a NIL deal with Bacot.

"He whips out his phone and pulls up some financial charts. From March 1 through June 8, in the months after he led North Carolina to the national championship game, he made a $21,000 profit selling T-shirts capitalizing on his name, image and likeness. His first endorsement deal, which he signed with Jimmy’s Famous Seafood last summer, was worth five figures. He has since signed with a thoroughbred farm in Kentucky called Town and Country Farms and a technology consulting firm called CapTech, in addition to a card deal with Topps. He does promotional work for Me Fine, a social-services charity, and he took a paid acting role on the Netflix show Outer Banks."

Good for him. Doubtful he makes much in the NBA so he should capitalize now.

He’s going the Shaq route

He just needs an offense where he fits IMO. He can be a very good shooter in the right offense. He is sort of slow and not great at getting his own shot. Roy's offense got him some looks where Hubert's needed him to create a little more, which isn't his thing. He just never seem to fit in with what Davis wanted and always seemed kind of lost out there. I was surprised he went to Tech because he is such a poor defensive player. I think character wise and in terms of a teammate he is a fine addition anywhere though. I'll be pulling for him.
That's good to hear. I was hoping he just needed a fresh start. As for his defense, Adams seems to sell the ability to teach anyone to be a better defender, and so far he has done just that.

Cory can (and did) give you a better answer than I can.

ADVERTISEMENT