ADVERTISEMENT

Person from last years class that you are surprised isn't doing as well in the NBA

JayhawkWriter

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2016
Last years class was supposed to be one of the deepest in memory. With almost 75% of the season done...which player do you feel has underachieved the most. I know Josh Jackson isn't tearing it up like I hoped he would, but my vote would be for Malik Monk. The dude was almost unstoppable in college and for a Charlotte team that is not that great he is averaging 11 1/2 minutes a game and 4.5 points. Last 10 games hes scored 16 points...total. For a guy that was considered a lights out shooter...thats bad. So who do you guys got as the biggest bust so far in the draft.

Josh Jackson is actually coming alive. Double figures in 18 of 23 games since turn of the new year. Just had 29 to end long losing streak. Booker and him being a good complimentary wing combo.

#1 pick is on pace to be the biggest bust in a decade +.

Reactions: KisteK
#1 pick is on pace to be the biggest bust in a decade +.
I think you would have to give Fultz a pass since he hasn't played. Still with the way D. Smith and Taytum are playing, would think maybe he wasn't the smartest pick. I'm a defacto Sixers fan right now (Trust the process) and its crzy to think how good they could be if they would have hit on all their picks instead of just 2. Draft Prozingas instead of Oakfor and draft Tatum instead of Fultz....I know that puts them at a glut of small frowards but they would be entertaining.

Gotta be Monk or maybe Jonathan Isaac

Gotta be Monk or maybe Jonathan Isaac
I think they knew coming in Isaac would be a project. I wouldn’t say I expected a ton out of him. Monk, on the other hand, there was expectations, and he has not lived up this year.

I am not surprised at all. How many 6'3 sg's without long wingspans do you see succeeding in the NBA?

Can they defend? That is one of Monks largest issues. He cant guard a chair. His shot is still good, he just never gets to play to display it. This team has wasted so many draft picks over the years. Hopefully with Cho gone we will get a GM with a clue and things will improve.

Reactions: Simple_Man
Can they defend? That is one of Monks largest issues. He cant guard a chair. His shot is still good, he just never gets to play to display it. This team has wasted so many draft picks over the years. Hopefully with Cho gone we will get a GM with a clue and things will improve.

Name 1 NBA 6'3 SG? I can only name 1,the kid from Indiana Eric Gordon.

Won't matter. Jordan will hire more UNC buddies and they'll continue to suck.

Josh Jackson is actually coming alive. Double figures in 18 of 23 games since turn of the new year. Just had 29 to end long losing streak. Booker and him being a good complimentary wing combo.
This. Whereas Tatum has hit the rookie wall, Jackson has improved as the season has progressed. Since the beginning of the year, he's outplayed Tatum and even Kuzma.

Won't matter. Jordan will hire more UNC buddies and they'll continue to suck.
Dumb statement. On the coaching staff there are no Tar Heels on it.
There is 1 Tar Heel in the front office. Buzz Peterson is in his 1st year as assistant general manager.

This. Whereas Tatum has hit the rookie wall, Jackson has improved as the season has progressed. Since the beginning of the year, he's outplayed Tatum and even Kuzma.
If Tatum hit the rookie wall, it was a very soft hit. Jayson isnt afforded the opportunity of playing for a tanking team. Yet he has started every game for a team that has aspirations other than not winning. I do like Jackson and he could be really good. However Tatum has improved a lot over the very same time. Especially defensively.

I’m not high on the Kuzia hype train as many others are. I’ve seen a lot of Laker games, and it appears all he can do is score the call. Offers very little else that I see. He is not a very good defender.

Monk is an easy answer for me; with the elevation he gets on his jumper and his range along with his length and frame I thought his game was right out of Central Casting for an NBA two guard.

ADVERTISEMENT