Perfect Game's Top 25 Classes For 2016

Discussion in 'College Baseball Clubhouse' started by Conway Gamecock, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Conway Gamecock

Expand Collapse

South Carolina's proud program failed to reach the NCAA tournament for the first time in 15 seasons. Talk is of the Gamecock program in decline, and pitchforks and blazing torches are being raised for head coach Chad Holbrook's head.

So what does the USC staff do in response? According to Perfect Game, they pull the #1 rated class for 2016:

http://www.perfectgame.org/rankings/Recruiting/Rankings.aspx

Hopefully this is an early sign of the program bouncing back to form for 2016....

2. TheRoosterGuru

TheRoosterGuru Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Man I hope so. We've had a top 10 class during Holbrooks entire tenure. So we shall see.

3. IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life

IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

With what Rick Heller has done so far at Iowa, seeing this class in the Top 20 really excites me for the future.

TheRoosterGuru likes this.
  4. hawkit3113

hawkit3113 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Any clue on how good we are suppose to be this year? I know we lost a ton of players.

5. IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life

Expand Collapse

I think Iowa will be a solid team, but the in and out of conference schedules are a lot tougher than last year. So it might not show on the W/L record. Iowa got no favors with their B1G schedule.

6. TheRoosterGuru

TheRoosterGuru Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Just wish the B1G would put more emphasis in college baseball and you all would have a few formidable teams.

7. hawkit3113

hawkit3113 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

We are getting there. Iowa is 100% behind it. We redid the stadium. But as you well know, in college sports you do football first because its the money maker. Then basketball, which we did. And now baseball and other sports. What honestly kills BIG 10 baseball? The season starts to damn early. It kills the crowds and the whole atmosphere. If baseball started late, much later and ran up to football season, you would see the best in BIG 10 baseball and the fans. We love baseball up here. Pro, semi pro is huge, AAA. We would take to college in a heartbeat if we weren't trying to watch games in Feb and March.

8. IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life

Expand Collapse

I went to an Iowa/Nebraska game two years ago and it must've been 28 degrees that day and that was in March. If it hadn't been for the field turf then the series would've been cancelled due to the mound being frozen. Since we had an infield of field turf at the time, they were able to play.

hawkit3113 likes this.
  9. TheRoosterGuru

TheRoosterGuru Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Needs to be more towards the warmer months.

hawkit3113 likes this.