Kentucky
Michigan State
Arizona

Helped:
Kansas
Virginia
Gonzaga
Xavier

It's a really just a nice cover-up by the Selection Committee. They've been getting flak for years for giving Duke the easiest path. Little does everyone else know, the officials are making sure the Dukies don't have to play anybody higher than a 6 seed in route to the Final Four.

“The committee is supposed to reward the No. 1 overall seed, and this year, it deserves credit for doing just that. While BPI views potential Elite Eight opponent Cincinnati as the best 2-seed in the tournament,”

Lol no need to continue reading. ESPN just fvcked up their own argument by stating that Cincinnati is viewed as the best 2 seed.

I think they should put every team's logo on a ping-pong ball, place said balls into a lotto-style feeder which represents a region close to regional teams, and just start selecting balls. it falls where it falls, removing RPIs, SOS, etc. Pure randomness.

If you get Duke vs. UNC game 1, so be it. Come prepared and roll the ball out. With competent officiating, the team that executes the best in any given game will advance anyway.

56f928b8db993ab764917224e3efbdee.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. UNC should’ve been on the hurt list for sure.
I wasn't even talking about that (ncaa obviously helped them this year) but you would think they'd be mentioned. And also I know you're being sarcastic.

If Duke makes it to Omaha and Kansas is waiting, that will truly be a road game for my Devils.

But that's what we get for not taking care of business in the conference tournament.

K did beat Baylor in Houston in the Elite 8 in 2010, but Baylor ain't Kansas.

“The committee is supposed to reward the No. 1 overall seed, and this year, it deserves credit for doing just that. While BPI views potential Elite Eight opponent Cincinnati as the best 2-seed in the tournament,”

Lol no need to continue reading. ESPN just fvcked up their own argument by stating that Cincinnati is viewed as the best 2 seed.
Seemed pretty odd for sure.

I wasn't even talking about that (ncaa obviously helped them this year) but you would think they'd be mentioned. And also I know you're being sarcastic.
Actually I’m not. If I remember correctly UNC was the top overall 2 seed, correct?
How is it fair that UNC has to play in Los Angeles? They should’ve been placed in the Atlanta or Boston region.

Actually I’m not. If I remember correctly UNC was the top overall 2 seed, correct?
How is it fair that UNC has to play in Los Angeles? They should’ve been placed in the Atlanta or Boston region.
If they put them in Atlanta or Boston they'd be playing better teams. Plus you had 10 losses and got a 2 seed and an extremely easy path, who cares where you play? Even your friends on THR are saying you got an extremely favorable draw, pretty ridiculous to complain about playing in LA.

Sounds like Duke fans are tapping out before they even play. Reading to much and thinking to much will drive you crazy. No one ever said winning 6 in a row is easy so with that upsets are going to happen and brackets will open up. Listening to any talking head about who's gonna win and who they will play is pointless.

Reactions: tw3301
Sounds like Duke fans are tapping out before they even play. Reading to much and thinking to much will drive you crazy. No one ever said winning 6 in a row is easy so with that upsets are going to happen and brackets will open up. Listening to any talking head about who's gonna win and who they will play is pointless.
I'm not tapping out, just being realistic. Duke has played inconsistent all year, when they bring their A game for even 10-15 minutes per game they're virtually unbeatable... but more often than not they bring their C, D, or like the last matchup with UNC their F game. Not going out on a limb by saying Duke could lose in the first or second round especially given recent history. That said, if Duke gets to the sweet 16 I like our chances of making the final four.

If they put them in Atlanta or Boston they'd be playing better teams. Plus you had 10 losses and got a 2 seed and an extremely easy path, who cares where you play? Even your friends on THR are saying you got an extremely favorable draw, pretty ridiculous to complain about playing in LA.

We got a well deserved 2 seed IMO. I admit our bracket is favorable but you still have to play. We can lose to anyone (Wofford) but we've shown we can beat anyone (Duke x 2). Survive and advance is the name of the game.

Reactions: tw3301
We got a well deserved 2 seed IMO. I admit our bracket is favorable but you still have to play. We can lose to anyone (Wofford) but we've shown we can beat anyone (Duke x 2). Survive and advance is the name of the game.
I don't disagree with that, I think UNC deserved a 2 as well, just saying all things considered I don't know how any UNC fan can complain about their path to the final four or say the committee hurt them with a straight face.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I'm not tapping out, just being realistic. Duke has played inconsistent all year, when they bring their A game for even 10-15 minutes per game they're virtually unbeatable... but more often than not they bring their C, D, or like the last matchup with UNC their F game. Not going out on a limb by saying Duke could lose in the first or second round especially given recent history. That said, if Duke gets to the sweet 16 I like our chances of making the final four.

I agree. I see you guys making a long run if you get to the sweet 16.

I don't disagree with that, I think UNC deserved a 2 as well, just saying all things considered I don't know how any UNC fan can complain about their path to the final four or say the committee hurt them with a straight face.

This quadrant thing the committee used is crazy. Had they left the process alone we would of been 3 seed IMO.

Cinci doesn't scare anyone.

Reactions: AirZona
Actually I don’t care too be honest. Anybody can find faults with their favorite teams draw or point out easy scenarios for different teams. It’s all about match ups.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I don't know that Arizona has some leg up on UK due to playing in Boise. It's ~1000 miles from Tucson and ~ 2000 from Lexington, but how many Arizona fans are driving 1000 miles? It's a flight either way. People just have no idea how spread out everything is out west. That said, Arizona is absolutely the worst 4 seed UK could have gotten, but if UVA is hobbled with Deandre Hunter's injury maybe it's a wash. (and as a 5 seed, UK likely out by the Elite 8 anyway)

Yea. It is all about playing ball now. Committee has a hard job, no magical formula. Play ball and accept what happens.
I think that’s the best way to look at it. Every year people whine about the job the selection committee did. There isn’t a way to please everyone.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
If Kansas is waiting for Duke on the other end of the bracket and we are hitting our 3's....the game against Duke could get ugly fast. I know that is a big if but if we hit 10 3's in the first half like we have done numerous times this year, I don't know if Duke can keep the score close. Bagley and Carter are tremendous down low, but Allen was neutralized against us last year and I like Newman and Graham shutting down Trent and Duvall. On the flip side though if we aren't hitting our threes, we could lose that game by 30.

If Kansas is waiting for Duke on the other end of the bracket and we are hitting our 3's....the game against Duke could get ugly fast. I know that is a big if but if we hit 10 3's in the first half like we have done numerous times this year, I don't know if Duke can keep the score close. Bagley and Carter are tremendous down low, but Allen was neutralized against us last year and I like Newman and Graham shutting down Trent and Duvall. On the flip side though if we aren't hitting our threes, we could lose that game by 30.
Really easy to get our bigs in foul trouble and carter and bagley set an NCAA record for dunks.

This quadrant thing the committee used is crazy. Had they left the process alone we would of been 3 seed IMO.

Not sure about that. UNC still would have #4 RPI, #1 SOS and most wins over the Top 25.

The quadrant system is actually a great idea, just executed poorly. Instead of being based solely on RPI it should be some composite ranking that incorporates RPI, Kenpom, Sagarin, and BPI. And the numbers are off. An RPI of 75 is way too low to count as a top tier win, even if it’s on the road.

Not sure about that. UNC still would have #4 RPI, #1 SOS and most wins over the Top 25.

The quadrant system is actually a great idea, just executed poorly. Instead of being based solely on RPI it should be some composite ranking that incorporates RPI, Kenpom, Sagarin, and BPI. And the numbers are off. An RPI of 75 is way too low to count as a top tier win, even if it’s on the road.

That's true but we didn't get penalized for that Wofford loss. Any other year that would of been a mark against us.

I don't know that Arizona has some leg up on UK due to playing in Boise. It's ~1000 miles from Tucson and ~ 2000 from Lexington, but how many Arizona fans are driving 1000 miles? It's a flight either way. People just have no idea how spread out everything is out west. That said, Arizona is absolutely the worst 4 seed UK could have gotten, but if UVA is hobbled with Deandre Hunter's injury maybe it's a wash. (and as a 5 seed, UK likely out by the Elite 8 anyway)
The second weekend would be a success for this team.

That's true but we didn't get penalized for that Wofford loss. Any other year that would of been a mark against us.

Perhaps, I think we just had enough top tier wins to cancel it out. Duke lost to St Johns and they’re still a 2 too. But if we had beaten UVA in the ACCT it probably would have kept us off the 1 line. I’d agree that most years this team is probably a 3-4 seed, but this is definitely not most years lol.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Yeah well I'll guess we will see if that happens but Kansas locking down our guards defensively is the absolute least of my worries with that matchup. The fact that it's practically a home game for Kansas worries me more than anything, plus while Self has had success against K he doesn't exactly thrive in the elite 8.

wait until Duke and MSU both lose this weekend.
If that happens sure. But as it is, KU supposedly has the best 16 seed ever and a team whose strength is stopping the 3, and coincidentally we suck when we can’t hit the 3. Should still def win, but damn. Then in the second round our 8 seed beat DUKE, UNC, and that Arizona team that everybody agrees it’s unfair for UVA to have as their 4. Our S16 is a good draw imo so I’ll give you that. But then our EE opponent if we get that far will either be DUKE or MSU, two legit 1 seeds. The committee f’d us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT