ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Basketball

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
They have never had a consistently good run on the hardcourt. But they are my #1 sleeping-power in College Hoops. Yes, they are a football school. However, PA produces some good talent. They have a nice arena. And, when PSU sports are doing well, fans flock to the games. Also, when a school is doing well in both football and basketball, the two programs feed off each other’s success. With a rock-solid coach, this could happen. Don’t know whether or not Chambers is the guy.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
Yep! They will probably return to the NIT. But that doesn’t mean the program doesn’t have potential to be great!

Hey the OP said fans "flock" to the games. Did you miss that?

Um, read a little closer. I say fans "flock" to the games IF the team for Penn State is doing well. Penn State's great moments in hoops have been few and far between. I remember they had a surprising 1995-1996 season. Fans packed their arena then.

Um, read a little closer. I say fans "flock" to the games IF the team for Penn State is doing well. Penn State's great moments in hoops have been few and far between. I remember they had a surprising 1995-1996 season. Fans packed their arena then.
They did fairly well last season and like 7 fans showed up to their games. It's easily top 3 worst atmopsheres in the country among Power 5 teams. It is shocking how bad it is.

Chambers has put together a pretty good class (presently ranked 27th by 247) - again filled w/ Philly/MD/VA recruits.

OP is correct. A school with PSU’s resources could compete with the snap of a few fingers. However I’ve never heard of anyone at PSU ever considering to snap those fingers for anything other than more football resources.

OP is correct. A school with PSU’s resources could compete with the snap of a few fingers. However I’ve never heard of anyone at PSU ever considering to snap those fingers for anything other than more football resources.

I don't think revenue is the issue
They are #11 on the list and their basketball program brings in the same amount of BBall revenue as most schools.
Unless they use BBall revenue for football I don't think it is revenue.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-texas-longhorns-2017-11

Penn State has the resources to be respectable in basketball, theyve just never had the give a damn.

They have never had a consistently good run on the hardcourt. But they are my #1 sleeping-power in College Hoops. Yes, they are a football school. However, PA produces some good talent. They have a nice arena. And, when PSU sports are doing well, fans flock to the games. Also, when a school is doing well in both football and basketball, the two programs feed off each other’s success. With a rock-solid coach, this could happen. Don’t know whether or not Chambers is the guy.

We are televising our scrimmage with y'all. I know its a just a scrimmage, but Bob Huggins and pressvirginia will give some kind of baseline.

Watch this.....He will be hunting in the paint...

A disaster, plain and simple.
PC got our coach fired by the ..... AD and Prez that run the place.
ps: you can toss in football.

15288718967_99b4407a7b_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT