ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Basketball-What COULD Be

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
People always make excuses like "it is a football school" and "it is far away from basketball hotbeds".

However, I think that, if Penn State forked out the money and got the right coach, they could be pretty good. They are in the same region as several basketball hotbeds, and many football schools have had fine runs on the court. The trouble is, they haven't done that in ages. The last rock-solid coach they had was Bruce Parkhill. He did some fine things despite having the small, old Rec Hall to sell in recruiting.

Penn State is one program in my lifetime where I just can't remember them ever being competitive in basketball. There's teams like Illinois and Florida who have had impressive runs at some point since I've been following the sport. PSU has a lot of work to do before they are a consistent winner.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Ehhhh, gonna be a tall order to get out ahead of Wright and Capel anytime soon.

Reactions: sgrooms
A lot of people can't remember Penn State being a football school oh, it's been a while kind of like IU in basketball

Last edited:
Kids out of Philly will never go there. And neither will kids from Pittsburgh

And the fans are a joke. They never show up

A lot of people can't remember paying State being a football school oh, it's been a while kind of like IU in basketball

I love you’re hate for a team that’s <.500 in conference.

MajesticChubbyBellsnake-size_restricted.gif

Anyone in state truly worth a damn is going to go Nova/Temple/St Joes/Pitt before PSU for basketball. Youre not going to get the Philly kids out of Philly unless you are, for example, Kentucky.

Next state over, Syracuse, and then youve got Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.

You have a big enough fan base, if you got the right coach who can get the right players, then sure, PSU has the resources to be successful. But your administration had never madenit a priority, I couldnt name a single PSU basketball coach, so start by fixing that. Then, go recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT