ADVERTISEMENT

Paying college athletes...

UK players have been making a lot of money by doing statewide autograph tours for years. They of course wait until they declare for the draft and hire an agent prior to going on tour.

Camps are huge here as well.

I think these would help public Universities more than Private. IDK.

It will be interesting to see how this works out. Seems like an easy way for people to cheat and pay players, but that's already going on, so at least it makes it legal.

How many years till the old joke comes to fruition and players start turning down the nba to keep that NIL $$$$ rolling.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Couldn't this make it even harder for a game? Just seems like this could force them to get a contract with every player in it. Think of not only the time but the money that would require.

Doesn't most states have laws against minors and contracts? I can talk with minors but they need their parents for any paperwork.

They'll have to be a way to track the numbers. Will that be available to the public?

There’s not gonna be a helluva lot of minors involved u wouldn’t think. Plus why would their parents not sign on.

There’s not gonna be a helluva lot of minors involved u wouldn’t think. Plus why would their parents not sign on.
Greed.....That'll be a problem. Mom and Dad may not want their child to go to the school he/she wants to---Thus, they don't sign..

OR....

Moms and Pops want more $$$...Or more incentives...If not....they don't sign.

Then what?

Its a terrible idea....paying athletes is a terrible idea. It will cause more ruin to an already tainted situation.

Same with legal weed;)

Ill tell you what... we better get a damn college basketball game out of this.
I got my schedule last week. So far, it seems as if we are gonna have some hoops, with minor adjustments...Wearing mask during warm-ups. Optional for the game. Pre-game meetings require social distance protocol....OR, in some cases, we are given an agenda sheet. I haven't heard much on a bubble scheme. But then again,I ain't in the D1 loop as I once was. Mainly NAIA.

I like what some AD's for high schools are doing here in Indiana...They are using separate locker rooms for JV/Varsity officials. That is a very good idea. No showering after games...I'm OK with that. But when you have to travel 2 hours home, that'll suck. Bring our own towels. Again, good idea.

For HS here, its up to the local health department on how many fans. Right now to start, the norm seems to be 50%.

It'll be different----But it'll be basketball. Better than nothing.

Greed.....That'll be a problem. Mom and Dad may not want their child to go to the school he/she wants to---Thus, they don't sign..

OR....

Then what?

Its a terrible idea....paying athletes is a terrible idea. It will cause more ruin to an already tainted situation.
If they track income and let it available then it will absolutely play huge in recruiting pitches.

If they track income and let it available then it will absolutely play huge in recruiting pitches.
Its a terrible idea. I get tired of hearing how mistreated, exploited athletes are. Horse shit. Not getting into to it, but man these kids have it made...Free everything. And **** the being hungry shit. Yeah, whatever....
Indiana is making millions off these players....UK millions, Duke, etc, etc...Yeah, well, DUH. Just like they have since the first time money was charged to watch a fukin game. Not to mention, these kids are being given a NATIONAL platform to showcase their skills. If it upsets you that much......

Dont fukin go to college. Go to the NBDL......Overseas...Its not like college is your ONLY option. But guess what----kids choose college. Why? Because it the BEST option...

Terrible idea that will ruin CBB.

OR....

Then what?

They are already getting paid, just under the table. Which granted will probably continue even if NIL comes to fruition.

They are already getting paid, just under the table. Which granted will probably continue even if NIL comes to fruition.
Oh, for sure...I get that. But the "they are being exploited shit" is fukin stupid. Free everything. Food, clothes, room/board,medical care,etc,etc....Its laughable shit. I have seen how these kids live...how they eat...They ain't going hungry...

ADVERTISEMENT