ADVERTISEMENT

Past NCAA Title-Winning Teams That Did Not Win Their Conference Tournament

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
So often, what works the very best for a team is to:

1. go into the postseason hot
2. have a "timely" loss in their conference tournament beforehand

UNC in 1982 won both the conference tournament and the NCAA tourney.
The 1993, 2005, 2009 and 2017 teams fell short in the ACC tournament.

I forgot the 1957 team, they won both and it's crazy that the ACC had a tournament back then.

Last edited:
UNC in 1982 won both the conference tournament and the NCAA tourney.
The 1993, 2005, 2009 and 2017 teams fell short in the ACC tournament.

I forgot the 1957 team, they won both and it's crazy that the ACC had a tournament back then.
The ACC Tournament started in 1954 and as crazy as it might sound, NC State won the first 3 ACC Tournaments before UNC won it in 1957.

Reactions: AWilli6995
True, but the SEC tourney did not determine who went to the NCAA. An example of that was in 1951 Vandy beat UK in the SEC Tourney final and UK went to the NCAA tourney based on winning the regular season SEC. UK won the NCAA that year.
True....BUT...From 1933-50, the SEC determined its champion via the tourney. In 1951 a round-robin format was introduced. SEC title was awarded to the team with best conference winning percentage.

In 1979, SEC tourney was brought back , with the winner getting the NCAA auto-bid.

So does that mean you wanna fight? Go cry about it to somebody who cares. I apologize for calling you butt buddy a ****git.
I honestly have no gay friends.
Must suck to be such an angry, little man, like you obviously are.

And I see you liked his post @IUfanBorden . Yikes. Thought you were better than that. Guess I was wrong.

FIFY

And why are you guys always so concerned about who likes what posts?
You obviously have many w that kind of wit!

Only time I’ve ever mentioned a like. Just found it interesting Borden condones the use of that word. But he’s been on edge lately, so maybe that’s part of it. Angry men say dumb shit

Quite a few teams from this century alone.

02- Maryland
03- Syracuse
05- North Carolina
09- North Carolina
12- Kentucky
14- UConn
15- Duke
16- Villanova
17- North Carolina
19- Virginia

Duke won all 3 ACC Touraments where UNC ended up winning the title. Also, last season with UVA.

You obviously have many w that kind of wit!

Only time I’ve ever mentioned a like. Just found it interesting Borden condones the use of that word. But he’s been on edge lately, so maybe that’s part of it. Angry men say dumb shit
What word?

Happy ***git?
you punk bitch
Back to yore home board bitch.
Go f*ck yourself punk bitch
you fvcking potato.
I loved calling people that, when I was 12. You’ll grow out of it someday, kid, or get your ass beat by one. Here’s to hoping for the latter.
So does that mean you wanna fight? Go cry about it to somebody who cares. I apologize for calling you butt buddy a ****git.

Amused-Chuckle-Funny-Haha-Ha-Ha-Hahaha-Laugh-LOL-Robert-De-Niro-GIF.gif

ADVERTISEMENT