ADVERTISEMENT

Paolo Banchero to Duke

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
First top 5 recruit to give Duke a verbal commitment since Capel left two years ago. It was a long drought, not really, but it lasted long enough. This one kind of surprised me. I thought he was going to follow Kennedy Chandler to Tennessee.

Patrick Baldwin, you're next.

I guess Vernon Carey was top 5 by some services. Still, big recruiting win.

Reminds you a little of Zion recruitment. Duke was hanging in there but not considered one of the top 2-3 then bang he commits to Duke.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Definitely a surprise to me. Weird to say it’s a surprise that a top 5 kid committed to Duke, but it was.

Should be a good battle for the number 1 class.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I thought he looked a little light complected.

Who wouldn't want to be a Duke boy?

I'm handling this news well.

First top 5 recruit to give Duke a verbal commitment since Capel left two years ago. It was a long drought, not really, but it lasted long enough. This one kind of surprised me. I thought he was going to follow Kennedy Chandler to Tennessee.

Hearing good things about Keels.

I'm sure he'll love the nerd-infested campus.

Yes, I’ve heard lots of complaints about Dukes campus.

And those students... Jeez. I mean, sure, they might go on to help run ever industry in the world, but man, what nerds, with those “brains” and that “work ethic!”

Reactions: Whitefolk

And those students... Jeez. I mean, sure, they might go on to help run ever industry in the world, but man, what nerds, with those “brains” and that “work ethic!”
I can take any Duke student right now. Fighting or basketball. Bring it

….too bad the best looking girls on that campus are the kind that need to be inflated first.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Hell Tennessee can't match the house his parents will get!

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Would've rather seen him at Tennessee. What a vag.

Not me. Duke has been mostly out recruiting Kentucky for the last 5 years and had the exact same tourney results and are 1 game behind us overall during that time.

While Tennessee still isn’t the national threat that duke is, we have to play them 2 to 3 times a season and Cal is 5-7 against Barnes since he took over the volunteers. And I’d argue all but 1 of those Tennessee teams were inferior on paper. That’s gotta be by far Cal’s worst record against any one coach since he’s been at UK.

We’ve lost leads of 20 and 17 to them. And then 8 in the last 3 minutes in the sec tourney.

Cal doesn’t do well against his buddies. He struggled with Alford at UCLA. Went 1 for his last 3 against Crean at IU(once IU wasn’t on probation anymore basically). I hate to think what will happen if and when Crean can actually build a respectable roster at Georgia.

Banchero has less potential to hurt UK at Duke than Tennessee.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You would take on any Duke student in basketball? I'd give a slight advantage to the likes of Jalen Johnson and Wendell Moore.

Or, you know... Paolo Blanchero?:)

Man, some of the guys I went to school with would crush poor Jimbo.

Does this make Patrick Baldwin less likely? With Griffin and Banchero that takes up the 3 and the 4 for them, I’m not sure, could Griffin play the 2 or Paulo or Baldwin play the 5?

I think Paolo would be a great college 5. Honestly I think he’ll abuse just about anyone at the 4 or the 5 in college.

Does this make Patrick Baldwin less likely? With Griffin and Banchero that takes up the 3 and the 4 for them, I’m not sure, could Griffin play the 2 or Paulo or Baldwin play the 5?

I don't think so. Cam, RJ, and Zion were all seen as 3s by many. Seems similar. K often goes for players over positions. Also, I think Banchero can comfortably play the 5 in college.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT