ADVERTISEMENT

Outstanding Plays, 2022-23

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
I've made this thread the past two years. I'll try to post as many as I can. Please feel free to include the spectacular plays that stood out to you.

Beautifully drawn full-court play from Michigan State. Got love that. Pass on the baseline and then all-out sprint, like a wide receiver, to get separation from defender and catch the ball around midcourt. Malik Hall finishes in style.

Gradey Dick avoids the block, and has a gorgeous reverse layup. Very challenging.

East transition layup? Nope. Not one, but two emphatic blocks by Kansas. Credit where credit is due. Gotta love the hustle.

Zach Edey to Caleb Furst. Finishing with authority.

And here's a sequence that is worthy of shame. Looks more like something you'd see from the women. Though, I do appreciate diving on the floor.

Nicely executed play by Mich St. Especially given the situation.

Too bad KU blew it on the offensive side after the double block. Would've been an awesome sequence. Couldn't believe how many blocks they had last night.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Our staff is extremely high on Akins. Hasn’t started the season amazingly, but he missed all of the Fall with a foot injury. I think he’s still getting fully adjusted, but he’s flashed so far.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'm sure someone for UNC had a big bucket late to hold off Gardner Webb but I can't bring myself to go back and go through that again.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I'm sure someone for UNC had a big bucket late to hold off Gardner Webb but I can't bring myself to go back and go through that again.
Some just go down as a W and you never think about them again.

Some just go down as a W and you never think about them again.

So far all three have been like that for me this year, lol. I record all the games and watch the wins twice but this year I haven't rewatched one yet because it just isn't appealing.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Dillon Mitchell had a couple of fantastic dunks last night. Think this was probably the best of the bunch.

Got this from a thread created by an Arkansas fan. Can't leave this play out. Talk about being posterized!

Reactions: mtsuhog85
I can't ever keep up with all of the plays. Here are a few more.

Dylan Andrews with an impressive euro move.

Jaime Jaquez. Smooth.

Anton Watson. Fake handoff and drive.

And here's a gorgeous outlet pass from Watson to Timme.

Drew Timme be like: pivot, pivot, pivot, pivot. And I love it.

Timme also had a gorgeous no-look pass late in the game. Can't find the clip anywhere.

Reactions: MGC_07
I can't ever keep up with all of the plays. Here are a few more.

Dylan Andrews with an impressive euro move.

Jaime Jaquez. Smooth.

Anton Watson. Fake handoff and drive.

And here's a gorgeous outlet pass from Watson to Timme.

Drew Timme be like: pivot, pivot, pivot, pivot. And I love it.

Timme also had a gorgeous no-look pass late in the game. Can't find the clip anywhere.
giphy.gif

LOL @ the Zags using the hashtag #poster on the dunk. Oscar moved out of the way and gave it to him because he was in foul trouble. I'm thinking they don't know what it means to posterize someone.

Trevon Brazile going up crazy high for the alley.

How about this play?! The pass from Black - and then the finish! Mercy.

There were lots of outstanding plays from feast week. I'm missing plenty, I'm sure. Here's a few that I remember.

Kaluma with a fantastic block.

Krissa to Ballo with the behind-the-back wrap around pass. Beautiful.

Pettiford pursues the rebound from beyond the 3-point line. Game-winning layup just in the nick of time.

The bank was indeed open. Tyrese Samuel for the win!

No audio for this, but a heck of a take by Keonte Kennedy.

Timme being Timme.

Hate it when I can't find a clip. Chucky Hepburn had a beautiful look-away pass to Wahl in overtime. Here are a few other plays I remember from the past few days...

Emmitt Matthews with the stuff!

Nembhard to Aluma. Great pass. Great finish.

Game-winning basket for Arizona State with 2 seconds left. All 5 Colorado guys collapsed onto DJ Horne in the paint - and he found the open man.

This could have, should have been an absolutely ferocious comeback. Ref got a little too trigger happy with the whistle, which halted a potentially game-winning three-pointer. Still worth the view.

Outstanding block leading to a transition layup. Love it.

Jalon Moore with the authoritative block in crunch time. Begin at 50 seconds.

Warren Freaking Washington!

Frankie Collins had a pretty spectacular dunk in his own right.

Love this sequence from Hoggard.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This was a a nice play for the highlight reel...

But, it was also clearly a violation. When you voluntarily leave the court, you can't be the first one to receive a pass.
FjgccnaWAAAt7We

Sheesh. Been almost two weeks since I've posted ITT. Plenty of fantastic plays since then. Hard to keep up with it.

Jaelen House with a little razzle dazzle last night.

Wake's Andrew hits a buzzer-beater against App State.

That's how you finish a game off. Keyontae Johnson!

In spite of the atrocious dribbling, this might be one of my favorite plays of the season. 🤣

All because she didn't want to dribble out the shot clock and log a turnover in the box score...

That would've caused a fight in men's basketball... or at least some not so nice words between the coaches. 🤣

It even creates harsh feelings when the team getting blown out does something like this. Love this play... even if created some friction.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT