ADVERTISEMENT

Our daughter in law has lost her battle. She is on her way home...

Damn this right here puts everything into the proper prospective! Best wishes for you and your family!

You know where I live, if there is anything at all 5hat I can help with.... please just ask!
Thanks, Jace. Don't know if you noticesd, but she has passed.

This made me tear up. So sorry that you and the family are facing this. My thoughts are with you.
Crushes me to look at it. So sad---Yet so beautiful. Now we gotta tell him that his mommy has passed.:oops:

So sorry for your loss Borden. Can’t even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. Praying for you and your family.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Unfortunately, I did! I'm so sorry for your family!

Seriously,if there's anything at all that I could help with.... please let me know! Have any funeral arrangements been made yet?
No arrangements yet. I will let you know.

So sorry for your loss Borden. Can’t even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. Praying for you and your family.
Complete sadness. Though she wasn't OUR daughter, she seemed liked it. They had some tough times, but battled through it. This is such a shock. She had been sick for quite some time--but nothing this serious. Just really quick.

Complete sadness. Though she wasn't OUR daughter, she seemed liked it. They had some tough times, but battled through it. This is such a shock. She had been sick for quite some time--but nothing this serious. Just really quick.
I'm sorry for you all Borden. If you need anything, just let me know.

She is still on ECMO. They are going to ween her off soon. See what happens. Was going to try and place a pump into her heart, but she didn't meet the criteria; plus surgeon said she probably wouldn't survive. We are on our way home. Saying our good-bye's. I wanted to share this picture though: So precious.

My grandson, with is mommy. He's making a keepsake , hand print. I will tell you this--UK Hospital is unbelievable. Such kindness.

72938865_10218349331998275_1880816846647590912_n.jpg

73264424_10218349330318233_5895040985414500352_n.jpg

Thanks everyone. Continue to pray.
That is amazing but also brings tears. Sorry for your loss.

This story was tough to follow. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. That is entirely too young.

Reactions: KisteK
Sorry for your loss. Praying that Liam will always feel his mother's hand right next to his. May God Bless you and yours.

Reactions: GE Nole
Wow, that is terrible news. So sorry to hear that. What was her medical condition, if you don't mind me asking, to cause heart failure at such a young age?

So very sorry to hear it, Borden. Feel so terrible for your son and grandson Hoping that family and love can get you through it:(

Last edited:
Devastating news. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Borden.

Wow, that is terrible news. So sorry to hear that. What was her medical condition, if you don't mind me asking, to cause heart failure at such a young age?
Thank you, Kevin. She had Non Hodgins Lymphoma. The chemo damaged her lungs. She became very ill----Her lungs began to fail, which then led to heart issues. She was admitted 2 weeks ago with breathing issues---ANd them we found out that her heart was failing. Sadly, she could no longer fight.

@IUfanBorden , I just saw this. No words right now. Just a horrible thing to deal with and the thought of her daughter losing her mother at such a young age is tragic and heartbreaking. I am so very sorry. Huge hole in my heart and my thoughts are with you and yours. Life happens fast and without warning sometimes. Just sucks.

I have tried to give "likes" to each of you. So thankful for the thoughtful responses. Its going to be a tough week, or so. Her dad is in the hospital with a blood infection. So we have to wait to see how that goes, before making funeral arrangements. Again, I cannot thank you guys enough. It really helps. I have tried to get back to "normal"; Posting in normal threads, doing what I do when I get home, etc, etc...As the day goes, it seems normal---Until there's no text---. For a split second you are like---"Why hasn't anyone text---Or why has she texted." Then you remember. I know it seems impossible to forget---But its really not. You get busy. Check your phone...Don't see a text you normally see..It takes a second.

I talked to her mom today. Devastation my friends. Please keep her and Andrea's immediate family in your prayers. Her dad...Her sister. Her aunts and uncles. They(WE) have lost a tremendously kind soul. I only had the pleasure of knowing Andi(her nickname by many) for 11 years. Her and our son dated since they were Seniors in HS. Such a vibrant young lady, who was full of love, kindness. Just a sincere soul. She will be terribly missed.

Again----thank you. All of you.

Thank you, Kevin. She had Non Hodgins Lymphoma. The chemo damaged her lungs. She became very ill----Her lungs began to fail, which then led to heart issues. She was admitted 2 weeks ago with breathing issues---ANd them we found out that her heart was failing. Sadly, she could no longer fight.
Wow, that is so sad. A good friend of mine also died from non-hodgkin's lymphoma a few years ago. Terrible disease. F*^K cancer :mad:

Wow, that is so sad. A good friend of mine also died from non-hodgkin's lymphoma a few years ago. Terrible disease. F*^K cancer :mad:
Agree. Thing is, she didn't pass directly b/c of the cancer. She was actually cancer free. The chemo is what caused a lot of her issues. But at the end of the day---Cancer started it all. Very sad ordeal, man. I mean----Just terrible.

Agree. Thing is, she didn't pass directly b/c of the cancer. She was actually cancer free. The chemo is what caused a lot of her issues. But at the end of the day---Cancer started it all. Very sad ordeal, man. I mean----Just terrible.
That awful disease took my mom last year. Evil exists on earth, and they call it cancer.

I posted a thread about it last year in September when she passed.. can’t believe it’s been that long. At the same time, it feels like forever since I’ve gotten to see and talk to my mom. She was 55
Thats just devastating. I lost my dad when he was 36. Its just unfathomable that this would be all the time I get with my two boys. My oldest is 3 and thats how old I was. I try not to think about it too much, but sometimes it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Reactions: KisteK and JimboBBN
Thats just devastating. I lost my dad when he was 36. Its just unfathomable that this would be all the time I get with my two boys. My oldest is 3 and thats how old I was. I try not to think about it too much, but sometimes it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Lunacy. The idea of an 8 year old boy losing his mother... it's just heartbreaking.

Hug the ones you love.

I’m a bit late but This thread has me crying like a baby, especially the handprints, which is super thoughtful and awesome, but at the same time inconceivably tragic.

My condolences and prayers to you and your extended family

Reactions: KisteK and GE Nole
She has been sick for quite sometime. Last week they had to put her on ventilator and echmo. She was doing better, but when they went to remove her from echmo, her heart would not work efficient enough. Doctors have told her mom to call in family. She's at the University of Kentucky.
Her name is Andrea. She's 30 years old, with an 8 year old son. Please pass this along.
I'm sorry to hear that man. My condolences to your family.

I’m a bit late but This thread has me crying like a baby, especially the handprints, which is super thoughtful and awesome, but at the same time inconceivably tragic.

My condolences and prayers to you and your extended family
Very well said. The staff at the University of Kentucky done this. Just a beautiful thought. But also---quite tragic.

Lunacy. The idea of an 8 year old boy losing his mother... it's just heartbreaking.

Hug the ones you love.
SO true. We told him today. His dad asked me if I would do so---Do it together. Dude---I have never done anything so tough in my life. I am still crying.:(

Ugggh.

ADVERTISEMENT