ADVERTISEMENT

Other than Winning

SmyrnaCatFan

Nov 9, 2012
What make a basketball game enjoyable. In other words, other than your team having the prevailing score, what do you look for in the game that makes it entertaining?

High scoring games, flowing offenses, fast breaks, dunks, blocks, steals, no look passes, crowd involvement.

Pretty much everything associated with highlight reels, and not associated with officiating and use of a full shot clock makes the cut.

The more possessions and rim runs, the better.

Not so much winning, but more so who is being beaten. I always like a tight game when a dominant top 5 team is being matched to the end.

For some reason there is some thrill to seeing an overly-sure, dominant team getting schooled. A lot of that has to do with the cockiness of said team though.

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
Somebody from my team dunking on somebody v. hard and then staring directly into their soul and not getting a T for it.

Also, dudes on my team having career nights.

And Jim Boeheim losing his mind on refs.

I can watch almost any college game and become invested to some degree.

I can only do that during the tournament. I find it very hard these days to care when it’s not Syracuse playing. And even then, I don’t always care.

Things were different when I was younger. I think it’s because I would picture myself becoming a college or pro athlete and try to put myself in their shoes, so I’d get very invested. Then I got fat and old and now just get reminded of how unathletic I really am.

Iowa plays a fast paced game and usually scores a lot of points. They shoot a lot of 3s also and when those fall they’re inside-outside game with Garza is great

Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
Iowa, seeding won't help, honestly has the best chance to do deep into March

giphy.gif

-Fast Tempo
-Rim-runs / Outlet passes
-Good ball movement
-Backdoor cuts
-Control of the ball
-Players diving for loose balls
-Defensive intensity
-Posterized dunks
-Making open shots
-Free flowing game with a minimal amount of fouls

- Things I hate to see: Slow tempo, lots of sloppy turnovers, iso ball, forced shots/low percentage looks, bad shooting, players standing around on offense for 20 seconds...basically, I hate watching a game if it starts to resemble a women's game.

I can only do that during the tournament. I find it very hard these days to care when it’s not Syracuse playing. And even then, I don’t always care.

Things were different when I was younger. I think it’s because I would picture myself becoming a college or pro athlete and try to put myself in their shoes, so I’d get very invested. Then I got fat and old and now just get reminded of how unathletic I really am.
That's when you fantasize about becoming a coach.

Hot dance team. Hot cheerleaders. Hot chicks in the crowd. My wife staying home. Beer. 7pm tip leaving option for going out and getting trashed afterwards. Good parking spot. Bumping into old friends. No injuries. Refs blending in. Nobody sitting in a seat on either side of me. Pre game joint. Good seats at the game. Hot pretzel with nacho cheese. Throwback uniforms. Riveting rendition of Star Spangled Banner. Tribute to military at halftime.

Any big time matchup in college basketball is pretty exciting. Doesn’t have to be a UK game for me I love college basketball in general. It is fun watching a player from your team go off or your team put together a solid game and thump somebody. Two games from the UK side that stand out is the night Jodie Meeks hung 54 on Tennessee or the 1996 UK team that hung 86 first half points on LSU in the first half at LSU.

Sometimes the camera gets up really close to the cheerleaders’ boobies. That’s pretty awesome.

My man!SmokinSmile Love it when the camera switches to the cheerleaders in the middle of a leg kick or when one of the guy cheerleaders holds up a female cheerleader while she’s doing spirit fingers while the camera is right beside them!!!:D

ADVERTISEMENT