ADVERTISEMENT

Other than dunk.. what can Malik Monk do?

I almost feel bad for Louisville fans.

ALMOST.

Uber d*** tease of a football season.

To answer the OP's question, more than Lamar Jackson can do against Houston's defensive line.

I understand some freshman will not live up to their hype, but when thinking about which you would predict to fail, why would you go with the one with a 42' vertical and very good outside shooter? I know you want it to be true since Kentucky and UL are rivals, but come on, Monk? This kid is one of the most explosive scorers in college basketball. When you're quick, can shoot the ball from deep and fly on the basketball court, you usually turn out to be a pretty good player in college and at the next level. Let me guess your next thread topic, Bam looks small on the court for Kentucky? It would make just as much sense as this thread topic.

If by very good shooter you mean streaky then I agree with that post (Monk has always been streaky and his three game college sample size continues to confirm it)

Reactions: jarms24
If by very good shooter you mean streaky then I agree with that post (Monk has always been streaky and his three game college sample size continues to confirm it)
Streaky mostly because of bad shot selection though. He is a very good shooter when he is taking the shots he should be taking and can stop on a dime and pop before the defender can blink. Once he eliminates the stupid shots he will prove to be much more efficient.

Streaky mostly because of bad shot selection though. He is a very good shooter when he is taking the shots he should be taking and can stop on a dime and pop before the defender can blink. Once he eliminates the stupid shots he will prove to be much more efficient.

A la Jamal Murray.

Kind of, although Murray is definitely a better long-range bomber than Monk.
Agree. Monk may go on a Murray streak from the outside. Murray will probably never have a "Monk like" dunk.

I should trademark "Monk like" It could be the next "Bo Knows". Is it too close to "like Mike"?

Went 2-8 from 3 tonight. His shot selection needs to get better and I'd love to see him attack the basket more

This thread made me laugh....it's like the typical threads you see on a Louisville board when any UK opponent might have a lead in the game... they get their pom-poms out and think/hope/wish that UK is going to lose... only to be disappointed once again. Then, as usual, they blame the refs.

This thread made me laugh....it's like the typical threads you see on a Louisville board when any UK opponent might have a lead in the game... they get their pom-poms out and think/hope/wish that UK is going to lose... only to be disappointed once again. Then, as usual, they blame the refs.

OR.............. They blame it on how bad the SEC sucks, and we play no one. Its kinda funny though were usually in the final four and we get beat by a conference foe every now and then, so it must not be that bad. Its not great, nope, but our SEC teams usually make a little noise in those march brackets.

He had quite a half. He's already up to 46% from 3 on the season after the slow start.

We need to get Bam on track. He hasn't played awful. Think we just need to get him some more post touches.

I love it. Monk has looked like an All-American since this thread. He's only made 15 threes since and averaging 19 PPG.

He had quite a half. He's already up to 46% from 3 on the season after the slow start.

We need to get Bam on track. He hasn't played awful. Think we just need to get him some more post touches.

If 40+% from 3 is sustainable for him for the entirety of the season, we may be witnessing a first team AA year for him.

Murray shot 40.8% from 3
Booker shot 41.13% from 3

Not saying Fox is Tyler Ulis, but the way he can dish the ball and spread the floor, I'm guessing Monk can hit around 37-38% pretty easily. Especially if he improves his shot selection, which is probably his biggest weakness.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Murray shot 40.8% from 3
Booker shot 41.13% from 3

Not saying Fox is Tyler Ulis, but the way he can dish the ball and spread the floor, I'm guessing Monk can hit around 37-38% pretty easily. Especially if he improves his shot selection, which is probably his biggest weakness.

Monk is currently at 43.2%. Strokin it.

Reactions: awf and Cowtown Cat
Monk is currently at 43.2%. Strokin it.

And Fox has substantially more assists + a better A:T ratio than Ulis had at this point last season.

Feels like we could possibly be getting a better backcourt than last year's, but an infinitely better frontcourt in the process.

Monk has been killing it lately though. Since this thread was started, he's averaging 20 points per game, shooting about 54% from the field, and 52% from 3. With his athleticism and slashing ability, to go along with a tremendous mid-range game, he's incredibly difficult to stop

wonder if the licking doors tradition continues down there in lessington
9211855_G.jpg

99% of americans prefer women. UK fans rather lick the players car doors. got it.

Weren't those chicks licking his doors? I could be wrong because I wasn't exactly scouring the Internet for stories and pics of people licking Booker's doors but I only remember seeing pics of girls(mostly very attractive girls) doing it.

Weren't those chicks licking his doors? I could be wrong because I wasn't exactly scouring the Internet for stories and pics of people licking Booker's doors but I only remember seeing pics of girls(mostly very attractive girls) doing it.
I honestly thought it was all college humor. I really dont know

ADVERTISEMENT