ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Zion Williamson first NBA game

Can't agree more on the hope he stays healthy but truth is he has had issues in college and NBA. Hope that changes he's a tremendous player.

Can't agree more on the hope he stays healthy but truth is he has had issues in college and NBA. Hope that changes he's a tremendous player.
What issues. College was one pulled hammy from almost doing a split and one knee scope to clean out his knee.

What issues. College was one pulled hammy from almost doing a split and one knee scope to clean out his knee.
Those aren't issues ? It kept him out of the game and his NBA injury ?

Reactions: JL-23
I read an article, don't have a link, where they were changing how Zion walked and ran. Never went into the details.

Yes. He made four threes, which is not going to be the norm for him, but other than his defense he looked pretty solid for his first outing I thought.

An effective field goal percentage of 91%. Not bad, kid.

Funny thing about Zion's shooting, is among the Duke starters last year, he actually had the highest 3-point shooting percentage. It helps when no one ever guards him beyond the line. And yes, the shot is ugly and flat. But, he can make it a reasonable clip.

An effective field goal percentage of 91%. Not bad, kid.

Funny thing about Zion's shooting, is among the Duke starters last year, he actually had the highest 3-point shooting percentage. It helps when no one ever guards him beyond the line. And yes, the shot is ugly and flat. But, he can make it a reasonable clip.

Also helped the rest of your team was dogshit from outside of the paint last year. Barrett and Reddish have continued stinking it up in the NBA too.

I don’t consider that injury prone as some say.

Had a lot of issues in high school. Missed a ton of time due to a foot injury I think? Was part of the reason he was "underrated" by the recruiting rankings. I think people just see his build and his athleticism and cringe thinking about injury issues. Don't think it's wrong to say there is nobody else out there that moves like he does at his height/weight.

Personally, I liked the outing, but was a little disappointed. I haven't been waiting half a season to watch him chuck threes. I've been waiting to see him play his game. His college highlights rarely had 3's. Every ESPN broadcaster last year had a precum spot on their pant legs based on Zion's physicality.

Also, he is coming off an injury which plays a role. Still a little disappointed anyway

Reactions: Tigerocker
I get the not liking a guy because of a rivalry type situation but you have to be really trying hard not to root for Ja or Zion. They have a positive energy about them, their personalities are relatable to everyone, and you could do a lot worse than these two young men being faces of the league in the future.

Why'd you make dragonhawks thread the official Big Ten thread, making it so we can't ignore him?

ADVERTISEMENT