ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Series..Dude takes HR ball off chest, holding beers...

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
That was some funny shit. Dude takes a HR ball off his chest, while holding two beers..Reminded me of Happy Gilmore, where Sandler gets in the batting cage, taking pitches off his chest.

Somebody has to post this. My god that was funny..

Yes it was...THing is, he called almost the exact same pitch, a ball, the batter before. Dudes at this level(umpires) are really,good. But so are hitters. Tough strike three.
I get that, but that would have put tying run at the plate.

I have the Sunday night football game on. I can count the number of baseball games I’ve watched on TV ever on one hand. Love going but I’d rather watch paint dry if it’s on TV
I quit watching after the strike (~'95) didn't start again until recently. I'm now back to not watching. Same reason I no longer watch boxing. I think the fix is in.

Reactions: jace4655555
I'm not rooting for either team but come on dude, that was huge.
As where the 9 strikeouts previous to that one....Or the 4 runs they gave up....Even if called ball four--which it was---that doesn't mean next guy up does anything. Cole has been filthy. Sure it gives them a "chance". But prior to that, they'd had 22 AB's---Or in other words, 22 other chances.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have the Sunday night football game on. I can count the number of baseball games I’ve watched on TV ever on one hand. Love going but I’d rather watch paint dry if it’s on TV
Oh, I know---I know your feelings toward baseball. That's why I was givng you some shit.

Reactions: JimboBBN
You ever been to Bats game here in Louisville? Love going on a beautiful summer night. The stadium with the downtown backdrop and nice sunset? Can’t beat it
Oh, yeah. Wife and I go all the time. Beautiful place. Great time.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Saw at one point Louisville Slugger was voted the best triple A park in the country. I buy it
It was...Most rate it now as #2, or at worst, Top 5. A great facility. Buddy of mine who works some college games with me, has worked some Bats game.

giphy.gif

I quit watching after the strike (~'95) didn't start again until recently. I'm now back to not watching. Same reason I no longer watch boxing. I think the fix is in.
As growing up as a Reds fan, I eventually got tired of watching it once I realized that my team had a 30 million dollar salary vs the other teams having a 200 million salary.

Worst thing that's ever happened to baseball was during the strick/or lockout in the 90s when the owners didn't get some type of salary cap. It's ruined it for all but the top 10 media markets. Sure, a small market team can get lucky and go on a run once every 10 to 15 years. But, once those young players reach their 2nd contract the team has to start trading them away.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That isn't all the way true.

Big market teams for the most part are on the cheap as well
Especially since most players don't perform on the second contract.

It isn't like 1998 anymore.
Free agency isnt what it once was as teams are looking to develop and hold onto young players.

Astros are the perfect example of what to do correct.
But they went through 3 straight 100 loss seasons to get to the point where they are at now.

Most fans complain when their front office trades away players.
Why would you keep these players around to win 75-85 games when you can unload them and start over.

KC Royals is what happens when teams try to hang onto their players
They didn't get much in return for what they had because the front office wanted to keep the fans happy and go for it in 2017.
Screwed them up.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT