ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Women's Track Some kind of Comback!

This Kentucky Gal is very special. She already ran the 2nd fastest indoor 200m ever at 22.09, but ran a 22.39 outdoors with a 5+ mph head wind. Without the head wind, she would have ran the 3rd fastest ever. She's going to break a 29 year track record set by Gwen Torrence of 21.72, imo this summer.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This Kentucky Gal is very special. She already ran the 2nd fastest indoor 200m ever at 22.09, but ran a 22.39 outdoors with a 5+ mph head wind. Without the head wind, she would have ran the 3rd fastest ever. She's going to break a 29 year track record set by Gwen Torrence of 21.72, imo this summer.
Every video of her impresses me more and more.

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
Difference between men and women right there. I could hit a walk off grand slam...you try and hug me you're getting cup checked brah

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Kentucky can now boast the likes of Sydney McLaughlin and Abby Steiner. Very impressive.

Are they a dominant program now? I don't even know. Growing up, the dominant women's programs seemed to be LSU, Texas, USC, UCLA, and Oregon.

Kentucky can now boast the likes of Sydney McLaughlin and Abby Steiner. Very impressive.

Are they a dominant program now? I don't even know. Growing up, the dominant women's programs seemed to be LSU, Texas, USC, UCLA, and Oregon.
Add Arkansas to list as well. Most all of UK's athletic programs have improved. LSU and UK are top 5 currently. Here's their record setting 4x400

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
Add Arkansas to list as well. Most all of UK's athletic programs have improved. LSU and UK are top 5 currently. Here's their record setting 4x400

The SEC, in general, has dominated women's track for a while. Obviously you still have to contend with a few Pac-12 schools, and Texas. But, seems like they've been on top for a while.

Arkansas has a historically great program for the men. Just never thought the women were on the same level. They've been great lately. But, not sure they've consistently been a top 5 program.

And off the top of my head, this is probably the best comeback at the highest competitive level. Dave Wottle, 1972 800M Olympic Finals.

@BasketBallJunkie-UK na u misunderstood, i meant the post that brought up that she would beat all of us….beating all of us on a message board prolly wouldn’t be as impressive as it sounded when you typed it out. Thats what i was talking about not being impressive, not the athlete herself.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT