ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When someone flips you off in traffic ...

How do you typically respond?

Do you flip them off back? Do you brush it off? Do you wave a Glock around? Curious which of you are mentally stable, and which of you are lunatics.

If they're behind me, I usually flush through my windshield washer fluid until it's bone dry so they have to use their wipers. I get a chuckle out of that sorta thing.
I usually just wave like I'm really excited to see them with an over eccentric smile...It usually infuriates them

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
That’s hilarious, and true. @brooky03 is definitely the shittiest driver on this board.

On topic, I usually give them a thumbs up, and a big smile. Drives them nuts. If I’ve done something I know was my fault (being a tourist, yelling at my kids in the back seat, trying to find a damn parking spot, etc.), then I’ll say my bad and nicely wave.

1zlxelz.jpg

trollface.jpg

On topic, I got flipped off the other day by a lady. Traffic was backed up in the exit lane for the Thruway, as it usually is. Well, this dumb bitch decides to take the left lane up to about the midway point of the backed up traffic and cut in front of me. I was enjoying a delicious bagel and mistakenly left more than 3 inches between my car and the dude in front of me. Anyway, I did the proper thing and honked my horn for the entirety of our slow trip to the toll booths. We diverged at the toll booths, I stared at her as I passed, and she flipped me off. I gave her a look best described as incredulous.

Last edited:
My favorite move is to put my hand up, palm out then shake my middle finger and index finger towards them while smiling. They usually have no idea how to react which makes it hilarious to me.

Also, as stated in past thread, I used to drive a Mercedes that people always assumed was expensive. Made it a great weapon against tailgaters, especially with V6. First I'll slam the breaks, which smart people realize means they'd be at fault if they hit me, then after that go 10 mph under speed limit. Then they try to pass and I'd floor it so they couldn't get around. Then go slow again. I always liked to think I was teaching them a lesson.

Unfortunately the Benz was recently totaled. RIP.

Wait until one of your little ones is learning to drive. I've got a new appreciation for how rude it is to tailgate seeing my nervous daughter with some jackass following too closely.

I've never struggled more to set the right example for my kid than when I deal with someone like this while I'm trying to teach her to drive.

ADVERTISEMENT