ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We get biopsy results back on Wed...

The tumors are non-cancerous----As of now. They will not do surgery as of yet; not considered life-threat. Put her on medications. Will do another ultra sound in 6 weeks. If any growth is shown, then another biopsy....

I wasn't happy. They(tumor) are impacting her health, i.e. weight gain, breathing, etc, etc...She has some sinus issues that need surgery as well. Just a bunch of dumb shit. Infection levels are low. I dunno, I quit listening. I was to mad.

Long story short: No cancer.

The tumors are non-cancerous----As of now. They will not do surgery as of yet; not considered life-threat. Put her on medications. Will do another ultra sound in 6 weeks. If any growth is shown, then another biopsy....

I wasn't happy. They(tumor) are impacting her health, i.e. weight gain, breathing, etc, etc...She has some sinus issues that need surgery as well. Just a bunch of dumb shit. Infection levels are low. I dunno, I quit listening. I was to mad.

See below....
You’re mad?

You’re mad?
I'm mad of no treatment, i.e. Surgery. Its needed. Doc said as much. His words were, "If times were normal, this would be done tomorrow. Its needed, and will improve her LIFE. BUT......

No, not but. Do the surgery. No as of now its not life threat....But who knows what it will be 6 weeks from now.

So yeah---I am mad.

giphy.gif

Sounds good, B... benign is good! I don't think they will change from benign to cancerous over the course of a month and a half, you know? While it sucks that it is screwing with her health, at least it is something that can get handled when things get calmed down a bit and the hospital is a less risky place.

BTW, just FYI, thyroid cancer is by far the most easily dealt with... in fact, it isn't just treatable, it is curable. Sounds nuts, but...

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Fingers crossed, prayers, rabbit foot rituals, etc, etc...Whatever it is you do---Do. They took 12 samples of my wifes thyroid, and lymph nodes' through the neck----Damn. Anyways, veryanxious times. She has gained weight at an alrming rate....Tired...resp issues.

She's my best friend....

Not sure if you knew this but I do Thyroid and Lymph Node biopsies daily.

A follow up ultrasound 6 weeks after a negative biopsy? That’s........... who ordered it? I’ve never followed someone up that soon.

Not sure if you knew this but I do Thyroid and Lymph Node biopsies daily.
I did not. I am pretty frustrated. Her report was multi nodular goiter...big, mostly solid. ANyways...biopsy said no cancer. He said the size, "a dominant 2.1 x 2.56 x 3.73 cm on right, and a 1.2 x 1.47 on left., was cncerning. But as of now, not cancerous. Removing is needed. But with COVID, just not possible.

aggrevating.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Sounds good, B... benign is good! I don't think they will change from benign to cancerous over the course of a month and a half, you know? While it sucks that it is screwing with her health, at least it is something that can get handled when things get calmed down a bit and the hospital is a less risky place.

BTW, just FYI, thyroid cancer is by far the most easily dealt with... in fact, it isn't just treatable, it is curable. Sounds nuts, but...
Yeah, overall, its a good thing. I just get uset seeing her struggle. BTW, its 6 months from now. Not weeks. Typo on my part.

Now, just gotta push those prayers to my mother in Utah. She was tested yesterday for COVID. Temp of 103....cough and chills. She has COPD. o2 level was 83, so sister took her to doc. She was tested, but while there, they ran some other test. She has Pneumonia for certain. Sent her home...Said with her ihaler and oxygen, she'd be ok at home---And safer. Order her some steroids and antibiotics. Test results they said will take 2-7 days.

I did not. I am pretty frustrated. Her report was multi nodular goiter...big, mostly solid. ANyways...biopsy said no cancer. He said the size, "a dominant 2.1 x 2.56 x 3.73 cm on right, and a 1.2 x 1.47 on left., was cncerning. But as of now, not cancerous. Removing is needed. But with COVID, just not possible.

aggrevating.

If a thyroid biopsy came back negative here we follow up in a year. That’s been the case probably everywhere I’ve worked. I think I’ve seen 6 months follow up sometimes. But yeah 6 weeks I was like “for what??”.

The passes we do for thyroid biopsies aren’t like taking big chunks out or anything. We use a tiny needle about the size of a thumb tack and the doctor wiggles it back and forth a few times to get cells from the nodule on it. They do they about 3-6 times per nodule to make sure we have a good sample.

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
If a thyroid biopsy came back negative here we follow up in a year. That’s been the case probably everywhere I’ve worked. I think I’ve seen 6 months follow up sometimes. But yeah 6 weeks I was like “for what??”.

The passes we do for thyroid biopsies aren’t like taking big chunks out or anything. We use a tiny needle about the size of a thumb tack and the doctor wiggles it back and forth a few times to get cells from the nodule on it. They do they about 3-6 times per nodule to make sure we have a good sample.
This is what she had done. Small needle on her neck...they took 12 samples.

Yeah, overall, its a good thing. I just get uset seeing her struggle. BTW, its 6 months from now. Not weeks. Typo on my part.

Now, just gotta push those prayers to my mother in Utah. She was tested yesterday for COVID. Temp of 103....cough and chills. She has COPD. o2 level was 83, so sister took her to doc. She was tested, but while there, they ran some other test. She has Pneumonia for certain. Sent her home...Said with her ihaler and oxygen, she'd be ok at home---And safer. Order her some steroids and antibiotics. Test results they said will take 2-7 days.

Jeez man, you’re having a rough go of it lately.

Will be thinking of your mom also. I think it’s just a rough couple weeks, everything can change soon. Your mom will start to get better and the relief that your wife is not in immediate danger and once COVID dies down the treatments will be available.

I'm good. Wife is meh. Though my mom tested negative for COVID, she has pneumonia...Which for her----is bad. She lives in Utah, so I cannot see her.

Other than that----good as gold.

Ohhhh, glad she didn’t test for covid... that would have likely been the end.

Ohhhh, glad she didn’t test for covid... that would have likely been the end.
Yes. My mom and I talked the night before her results came back. She was like, "Son,you know this would certainly be bad(if positive)". I know mom.......

THing is brother, my mom is a talker. She'll call me, and we will talk for hours. THing is, I might get 10 words in---And two of those words are, "hello" and "good-bye".Laughing.. There were times I'd just put her on our intercom system,and everyone so often I'd be like---"Really....No, way..." That would go on for hours....So many times before this, there were times I wouldn't answer....Or get frustrated with our 3 hour phone calls. But after this? Knowing that had she tested positive, that in all likelihood, she would not have survived? Man, a huge feeling of guilt came over me. I talked to my sis about it---And she's like, "Bub,ya know, mom just wants to talk to you---Makes it feel like you are here". Damn, man....

Now? Man those phone calls I once dreaded---I now cannot wait for them to come.

I'm good. Wife is meh. Though my mom tested negative for COVID, she has pneumonia...Which for her----is bad. She lives in Utah, so I cannot see her.

Other than that----good as gold.
You'll get through it. Just be positive around the wife. I have to believe the last thing she wants is to see you down about it. That makes it worse.

Plus, women usually handle shit like this better than we do. They have a really strong inner strength that we don't have when it comes to this stuff.

We're good for killing raccoons, spiders and mice, building shit and figuring out what that strange noise was at 2am though, we got that.

Good to hear your mom doesn't have Covid, that appears to be a death sentence for older people.

Hoping for the best for you and yours.

You'll get through it. Just be positive around the wife. I have to believe the last thing she wants is to see you down about it. That makes it worse.

Plus, women usually handle shit like this better than we do. They have a really strong inner strength that we don't have when it comes to this stuff.

We're good for killing raccoons, spiders and mice, building shit and figuring out what that strange noise was at 2am though, we got that.

Good to hear your mom doesn't have Covid, that appears to be a death sentence for older people.

Hoping for the best for you and yours.
Speak for yourself on that, "figuring out that strange noise at 2AM"...I told my wife when we married---Whoever hears the noise----checks on the noise...

Bro, I ain't heard shit in 14 years...Laughing

Yes,had my mom tested positive, its very unlikely she would have survived. Close to 70...on oxygen...has COPD. Yeah, that would have been bad. The pneumonia is bad enough. But COVID would've probably been a death sentence for her.

You are right about women---They handle shit like this much better. Today, she was like---"Baby, didn't you wanna go fish"? I was like, yeah, but well, you know---how are you doing? She's like---"that really wasn't a question, dear"

Gotcha...

Thanks for the thoughts, my man.

Reactions: kyjeff1
man....

Now? Man those phone calls I once dreaded---I now cannot wait for them to come.

I have an 86 year old aunt. She used to drive me nuts on how'd she go on forever, and say "i've gotta go" 127 times. Now, I look forward to the 126 conversations we have during the times she didn't "go".

She's a firecracker. Cusses enough to make a sailor blush. Straight shooter. I think that's why I like @Bert Higginbotha and his wife so much.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I have an 86 year old aunt. She used to drive me nuts on how'd she go on forever, and say "i've gotta go" 127 times. Now, I look forward to the 126 conversations we have during the times she didn't "go".

She's a firecracker. Cusses enough to make a sailor blush. Straight shooter. I think that's why I like @Bert Higginbotha and his wife so much.
Dude........

That is soooooooooo, my mom.Laughing

Speak for yourself on that, "figuring out that strange noise at 2AM"...I told my wife when we married---Whoever hears the noise----checks on the noise...

Bro, I ain't heard shit in 14 years...Laughing

Yes,had my mom tested positive, its very unlikely she would have survived. Close to 70...on oxygen...has COPD. Yeah, that would have been bad. The pneumonia is bad enough. But COVID would've probably been a death sentence for her.

You are right about women---They handle shit like this much better. Today, she was like---"Baby, didn't you wanna go fish"? I was like, yeah, but well, you know---how are you doing? She's like---"that really wasn't a question, dear"

Gotcha...

Thanks for the thoughts, my man.
LMAO at "I ain’t heard shit in 14 years". That's hilarious.

My wife broke her neck in a rollover that killed her best friend back in 96, had a hysterectomy, emergency gall bladder surgery, appendix removed, gave birth to 3 kids (one by c section), has rheumatoid arthritis and the tumor. She never talks about any of that stuff.

I had my knee scoped back in 2008 and broke my collar bone in 89, I talk about those two things like they were triple bypass surgeries.

They say 4,000 people are dying every day from Covid, that's a huge number, glad your mom is not included in that statistic.

I can only imagine just how scary that was for you and yours, because that would have certainly been a death sentence and what a shitty way to go. Most people want to die of old age or something cool like getting into a gun battle with ISIS with bombs going off, right after an orgy with 5 playboy models where they are exhausted of all sexual fluids and can't even get up. Dying of Covid would just suck.

My wife broke her neck in a rollover that killed her best friend back in 96, had a hysterectomy, emergency gall bladder surgery, appendix removed, gave birth to 3 kids (one by c section), has rheumatoid arthritis and the tumor. She never talks about any of that stuff.

I had my knee scoped back in 2008 and broke my collar bone in 89, I talk about those two things like they were triple bypass surgeries.

They say 4,000 people are dying every day from Covid, that's a huge number, glad your mom is not included in that statistic.

I can only imagine just how scary that was for you and yours, because that would have certainly been a death sentence and what a shitty way to go. Most people want to die of old age or something cool like getting into a gun battle with ISIS with bombs going off, right after an orgy with 5 playboy models where they are exhausted of all sexual fluids and can't even get up. Dying of Covid would just suck.
Well said.

Reactions: kyjeff1

Women are tough, man. Any person who can squeeze out a small sized puppy,through a quartered sized hole, is one tough Summa na bitch...
My wife is epiletic...has asthma....gave birth to three...broke her foot, etc...Never complains. Me? ****.....When I hurt my ankle a while back, dude....You'd thought my shit got amputated..

Shes tough.

As for my mom? Man, happy as ****. She does have pneumonia, and for her, thats bad. But COVID would have been a death sentence. Crazy, man. At 47, I appreciatre my mom more now, than I did when I was 12.

Best of wishes to you and yours my man.

ADVERTISEMENT