ADVERTISEMENT

OT Vaccine

sdave

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Goleta
Fed Ex planes flying out of Grand Ra-ids Michigan as we speak to fly the Vaccine around the US

Still won't be available to everyone until at least spring, possibly later, and it's a 2 dose series.

I’ve been exposed to it for 9 months in NYC and TX hospitals. Haven’t been sick but assumed I had it at some point. I’ll decline on taking the vaccine.

I’ll take it when they let me, but Governor Murphy is estimating that it will be April or May before it’s available to the broader NJ population. I’d be pretty low on the list of recipients.

It will be interesting to see whether or not this impacts the ability to play the tournament with fans in attendance, assuming that enough vaccine has been distributed at that point. I wonder if they would require some sort of proof of vaccination to be able to attend or something like that.

It will be interesting to see whether or not this impacts the ability to play the tournament with fans in attendance, assuming that enough vaccine has been distributed at that point. I wonder if they would require some sort of proof of vaccination to be able to attend or something like that.
I doubt much of anything changes until everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated, which doesn't sound like it will happen by March/April. Worldwide distribution of the vaccine is a massive undertaking that won't happen overnight.

Reactions: CB3UK and UL_1986
I doubt much of anything changes until everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated, which doesn't sound like it will happen by March/April. Worldwide distribution of the vaccine is a massive undertaking that won't happen overnight.
Correct. And not everyone is going to get vaccinated including people who normally get their basic vaccinations.

Getting it soon a it’s available to me. Can’t wait to return to normalcy once everyone’s vaccinated.

Reactions: Global Havok
Getting it soon a it’s available to me. Can’t wait to return to normalcy once everyone’s vaccinated.
I don't think it will be very soon, even once people get vaccinated. Sounds like we might be looking at about a year from now to get back to "normal" in a best case scenario. From an article I was reading earlier regarding an interview with Fauci:

"If 75 percent to 80 percent of Americans are vaccinated in broad-based campaigns likely to start in the second quarter of next year, then the U.S. should reach the herd immunity threshold months later. If vaccination levels are significantly lower, 40 percent to 50 percent, Fauci said, it could take a very long time to reach that level of protection."

“Let’s say we get 75 percent, 80 percent of the population vaccinated,” Fauci said. “If we do that, if we do it efficiently enough over the second quarter of 2021, by the time we get to the end of the summer, i.e., the third quarter, we may actually have enough herd immunity protecting our society that as we get to the end of 2021, we can approach very much some degree of normality that is close to where we were before.”

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
I don't think it will be very soon, even once people get vaccinated. Sounds like we might be looking at about a year from now to get back to "normal" in a best case scenario. From an article I was reading earlier regarding an interview with Fauci:

"If 75 percent to 80 percent of Americans are vaccinated in broad-based campaigns likely to start in the second quarter of next year, then the U.S. should reach the herd immunity threshold months later. If vaccination levels are significantly lower, 40 percent to 50 percent, Fauci said, it could take a very long time to reach that level of protection."

“Let’s say we get 75 percent, 80 percent of the population vaccinated,” Fauci said. “If we do that, if we do it efficiently enough over the second quarter of 2021, by the time we get to the end of the summer, i.e., the third quarter, we may actually have enough herd immunity protecting our society that as we get to the end of 2021, we can approach very much some degree of normality that is close to where we were before.”
Damn, I figured that may be the case which sucks majorly. The optimist in me is hoping for the 75-80% projection stated by fauci where it would be several months after for a return to somewhat of a normalcy. However, I think it’ll be about a year as you suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Damn, I figured that may be the case which sucks majorly. The optimist in me is hoping for the 75-80% projection stated by fauci where it would be several months after for a return to somewhat of a normalcy. However, I think it’ll be about a year as you suggested.
He's saying even if it's 75-80% vaccination rate that normal won't be back for a year. 😬 Immunizations in 2nd qtr (apr/may/june), herd immunity by end of summer, normality by end of year.

Just either show them the mark of the Devil, or have them scan for the implanted chip.

My source is telling me that the vaccines contain microchips and genetically modifying materials that will plug into your DNA and turn you into slaves for the masterminds like Bill Gates. Take it at your own risk, if you don’t worry about losing humanity and sanity.

My source is telling me that the vaccines contain microchips and genetically modifying materials that will plug into your DNA and turn you into slaves for the masterminds like Bill Gates. Take it at your own risk, if you don’t worry about losing humanity and sanity.
As long as I don't get covid and can watch games.....bet.

Reactions: KUhawks34

‘I think I read 63% would give heard immunity. That contradicts what I read about school vaccines several years ago. They said 92% need to be vaccinated for heard immunity. The difference may be that kids in school will give the flu to everyone they know.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Will gladly take it when it’s available. I do laugh at the uneducated rednecks who are refusing to take it. I’m assuming it’s the worlds way of balancing itself. Get ride of the idiots as I imagine most are on government assistance anyways. Win-win

My older sister is an NP and got her first dose today.

I’m looking forward to having nanites injected into me so I can be part machine too. That’s how it works, right? 🤣

Will gladly take it when it’s available. I do laugh at the uneducated rednecks who are refusing to take it. I’m assuming it’s the worlds way of balancing itself. Get ride of the idiots as I imagine most are on government assistance anyways. Win-win
This. Let Natural Selection take it’s course.

Natural selection at its best!

I’ll get it. Only for the reason that my mother is in an assisted living facility and I’m tired of standing outside the damn room trying to communicate. She’s deaf ant we have to hold up written communication.

I’ll get it. Only for the reason that my mother is in an assisted living facility and I’m tired of standing outside the damn room trying to communicate. She’s deaf ant we have to hold up written communication.
That sucks. My dad died from Covid just over 2 weeks ago. Was in a VA hospital and hadn't had any visitors since February. Just curious though, since your mom is deaf how is communicating with her in room vs. through a window any different?

• Sad
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, I'll take it. I trust the doctors I know and especially my personal PSA doctor and she says to take it. So I have no issues with it.

Normally I would severely ridicule someone who doesn't want to take a vaccine but in this case certainly understand the hesitation so er'body do your thing.

I'm curious, does those on welfare get next dibs?

I'm right in the middle too rich to get stuff, too poor to buy shit.

*edit, let me be clear. I have no problem putting others first.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah, I'll take it. I trust the doctors I know and especially my personal PSA doctor and she says to take it. So I have no issues with it.

Normally I would severely ridicule someone who doesn't want to take a vaccine but in this case certainly understand the hesitation so er'body do your thing.

Why would you severely ridicule someone? Aside from it being the thing for cool kids to do, of course.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Why would you severely ridicule someone? Aside from it being the thing for cool kids to do, of course.

I mean, I don't really ridicule people, lol. Just a joke. I'm just a big fan of vaccines in general. I don't really mind if one isn't taking one like the flu as long as they don't spread the dumb conspiracy nonsense. Live your life how you wish. I do have an issue with people who are against vaccines like the measles and stuff like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT