OT: Trumps first month

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by ioliva, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Gastineau

Mark Gastineau Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lot of tweets from Donald this morning.

2. brooky03

brooky03 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Can't it be reasonably assumed he's talking about Trump's administration? I thought that was implicit.

Trump and his administration constantly calls out legitimate news as 'fake news'. He conveniently does it any time there is negative media coverage of him or his administration. Saying they turn the public against the media is not a half truth.

Politicians lie. We all know that. Trump has lied more than any politician that's been tracked, significantly so. He lies more than Hillary ever dreamed of.

Trump has a very sensitive ego and can't even take criticism on the size of his hands. He constantly pounds his chest and proclaims he's the best at everything and personally attacks those who say otherwise. You're telling me we've had many (or any) Presidents like this?

3. LetsGoDuke301

LetsGoDuke301 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

4 years people. Give us someone who can beat Donald friggin Trump in 4 years and you can fire him. He is the president of our country and deserves a chance to succeed. He gets in his own way, that we know. But it is sickening how much credit we give some people while giving other people no chance.

treyforuk likes this.
  4. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, this is assuming he makes it 4 years.

anon_0astpxev9h4gk and brooky03 like this.
  5. Phillfan

Phillfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you have the statistics on the actual lies? Or is that your opinion. I need some facts on the actual tracked lies on each President/ politician. Until then, it is just your opinion.

Obama took every opportunity to discredit Fox and any Republican who disagreed with him.

And did you listen to Obama on the campaign trail or any politician.

We get it, you don't like Trump, but no reason to make stuff up to fit your narrative. Which is exactly what you are doing.

treyforuk likes this.
  6. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

How "presidential" of him:

ndesgeorges and brooky03 like this.
  7. brooky03

Expand Collapse

Comments like this - that he's our President and we need to give him a chance - always get me. What do guys like me need to do differently to give him a chance? Do we stop criticizing the bats**t crazy things he says/does and wait to see if he'll tone down the crazy eventually? You're implying he's doing the same stuff as other Presidents but getting criticized extra hard for it. That's not what I see. He's doing unprecedented stuff and getting criticized appropriately. When other Presidents have committed blunders like his, they've gotten hammered. He just happens to commit blunders much more often.

8. brooky03

Expand Collapse

Donald J Trump has the worlds largest ego and it is more easily bruised than week old bananas.

Mark Gastineau likes this.
  9. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He definitely has exceptionally thin skin, which makes the taunts of "snowflake" by some of his supporters all the more ironic.

brooky03 likes this.
  10. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

But comments like "not my president" go without your criticism. You can criticize him all you want. But 45 days is all you and others have given him. It's ridiculous.

11. brooky03

Expand Collapse

'Not my President' is not something I've uttered. But what do you mean when you say 45 days is all we've given him? Are you saying we can't form an opinion in 45 days + the time he spent campaigning? Are you under the impression that I and most others in opposition of him assume that everything he does is bad simply because Trump did it, not because we disagree with the merits of the action?

1251 brooky03, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  12. Phillfan

Expand Collapse

How many other Presidents had as much social media while President? I would say only Obama.

Trump used it and it helped him win the Presidency. He sidestepped the msm and they and you are pissed.

He got his message and thoughts to the masses exactly the way he wanted to. It worked.

Call him what you want, but don't forget to put President in front of his name.

Now, you and the alt left are following his twitter like a crack addict and analyzing and commenting on every tweet. Seems like he has you in the palm of his hand

13. SiccDeuce

SiccDeuce Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    Hypocrisy at its finest.

14. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

You may not have uttered those words, but like I said, they go by without your criticism but you critized me for saying he is our president and deserves a chance. You have made it clear that you don't think he deserves a chance. And that is fine, your choice. I don't agree. Trump wasn't my choice, but he is our president and I would like to see him succeed, if he doesn't, I at least hope he was given more of a chance than a lot of people like you are willing to give him. Like I said, he gets in his own way, so he doesn't make it easy on himself, but that doesn't mean that it is not ridiculous how he is being undermined at every corner.

15. Phillfan

Expand Collapse

Bush went to his Texas ranch to relax and work. Trump goes to his place in Florida and works. You act like he is sitting in front of the TV with his feet up while in Florida.

Btw, when did Obama play golf with other leaders. I don't recall. Trump,played with the Japanese PM. Obama played with his lackeys.

Did you make posts like this when Moochelle and the girls and her mother went all over the world on the USA's dime. Are you ok with Moochelles mother getting a 160kmper year pension on the premise she worked for 4 years as the daughters nanny? I doubt it.

Now who is a hypocrite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.