ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pool Owners Advice

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
What type of pool sweeper do you guys use? Is it any good? I currently have a polaris 380 and it doesn't seem to be functioning right.

We use a dolphin robot or something like that. Kind of expensive but really does a great job.
Thats what one of the local pool companies is suggesting. Def not cheap but its worth it if it actually performs well.

Polaris, it tends to work? But it is a pain when it breaks:(

Funny, I was going to mention pools... I've got this damn grackle that carries pieces of poop to my pool and drops them next to it. It is just so damn gross. Apparently this is a thing they do... they take poop from their babies and drop them near a body of water so that they do not drop near their nests and give away their location to predators. SOOO ****ing gross. My wife bought some balloons that have eyes on them or something that apparently work. I'll believe it when I see it.

Polaris, it tends to work? But it is a pain when it breaks:(

Funny, I was going to mention pools... I've got this damn grackle that carries pieces of poop to my pool and drops them next to it. It is just so damn gross. Apparently this is a thing they do... they take poop from their babies and drop them near a body of water so that they do not drop near their nests and give away their location to predators. SOOO ****ing gross. My wife bought some balloons that have eyes on them or something that apparently work. I'll believe it when I see it.
We have a mini lake about 50 steps from our pool---tons of geese year round. Occasionally they like to land in the pool and sun tan. They basically shit every other step.

On my polaris it has some things to try---loosening and tightening bolts to make angles change. Its basically riding a front wheelie right now and I cant figure it out. I'm guessing it could be b/c I jerry rigged one of the wheels the electrician broke off while fixing something in the pool house. The hell is bolted onto the body with a little plastic plate, which broke. I used some aircraft glue and it looked just fine, but obviously something is screwed up. I don't want to send a pool guy out there and spend a couple hundred and have it just be a waste. They make the robot ones now but I kinda like plugging it in the wall and not doing a damn thing. I don't want to use some blue tooth app, but some swear by it.

We have a mini lake about 50 steps from our pool---tons of geese year round. Occasionally they like to land in the pool and sun tan. They basically shit every other step.

On my polaris it has some things to try---loosening and tightening bolts to make angles change. Its basically riding a front wheelie right now and I cant figure it out. I'm guessing it could be b/c I jerry rigged one of the wheels the electrician broke off while fixing something in the pool house. The hell is bolted onto the body with a little plastic plate, which broke. I used some aircraft glue and it looked just fine, but obviously something is screwed up. I don't want to send a pool guy out there and spend a couple hundred and have it just be a waste. They make the robot ones now but I kinda like plugging it in the wall and not doing a damn thing. I don't want to use some blue tooth app, but some swear by it.

It has a float? You check that?

I am no expert, but mine has been SUCH a pain at times that I am starting to figure it out a LITTLE bit...

It has a float? You check that?

I am no expert, but mine has been SUCH a pain at times that I am starting to figure it out a LITTLE bit...
Nope----Ill read up on it. I looked at the parts diagram and whoever was responsible for drawing that up needs back handed.

Dolphin. Had it a couple years now and no issues.

Like someone said above just throw it in, push a button and come back a few hours later. Empty the filters and youre ready for the next time.

Reactions: toonces11
Dolphin. Had it a couple years now and no issues.

Like someone said above just throw it in, push a button and come back a few hours later. Empty the filters and youre ready for the next time.

That's what I always hated about boats. They're worse than Harley's.

ADVERTISEMENT