ADVERTISEMENT

Ot Poll: covid related

Would you sit at a bar next to a stranger today?

• Total voters
First death of covid in my county...

Immediately after it was announced the family of said person said it wasn't covid related. They didn't even know she had it. Older woman who had "multiple underlying issues".

First death of covid in my county...

Immediately after it was announced the family of said person said it wasn't covid related. They didn't even know she had it. Older woman who had "multiple underlying issues".
Yeah we had a woman blow her brains out in my town, she was a drug addict and her kid who was a junior in high school was being raised by his older sister... Covid death.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Oklahoma State football players testing positive for it. One said he came back from a protest. Could this mean we might see another breakout this summer due to all of the people gathering in so many cities?

Oklahoma State football players testing positive for it. One said he came back from a protest. Could this mean we might see another breakout this summer due to all of the people gathering in so many cities?

Odds are we will see it forever.

The covid-19 virus is in the family of the common cold.

I doubt that we will get a cure.

It is something that we will have to build up "herd immunity" and just live with it.

We may get some drugs that will lessen it's effect, but I doubt we will get a cure.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Odds are we will see it forever.

The covid-19 virus is in the family of the common cold.

I doubt that we will get a cure.

It is something that we will have to build up "herd immunity" and just live with it.

We may get some drugs that will lessen it's effect, but I doubt we will get a cure.
Lol Laughing

Reactions: TheDude1
Where do we stand now?

Apparently everyone in Lawrence, KS has superimmunity. 0 deaths in the county, 0 cases at the hospital.

Still waiting for someone to explain how this happens while a hospital in Queens is a house of horrors.

Apparently everyone in Lawrence, KS has superimmunity. 0 deaths in the county, 0 cases at the hospital.

Still waiting for someone to explain how this happens while a hospital in Queens is a house of horrors.
Y'all staying home, wearing your masks?

Kentucky is seeing a rise, but we are testing a lot more people. I'm wearing a mask pretty much everywhere now, where I wasn't before. Louisville is pretty half and half mask/no mask I feel like.

I would go to a bar still. Hell, me and my buddy are going out next week when the NBA comes back on.

Y'all staying home, wearing your masks?

I wouldn't say people have been staying home. There has been pretty consistent mask usage over the last few months, but not early on.

A lot of people did get sick in late Jan/early Feb before the lockdown. But of course most brushed it off as a flu bug and were fine within a few days.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Everything is fully open here in Virginia (NoVa), I'm surprised we haven't seen a bigger spike. We have packed beer gardens, patios and some places are legit turning into clubs at night. Bar seating is reduced and more spaced out is the only restriction we have right now.

Everything is fully open here in Virginia (NoVa), I'm surprised we haven't seen a bigger spike. We have packed beer gardens, patios and some places are legit turning into clubs at night. Bar seating is reduced and more spaced out is the only restriction we have right now.
You see. I am not in support of opening nightclubs or getting back to large gatherings. But dammit man. I want my watering hole back.

You see. I am not in support of opening nightclubs or getting back to large gatherings. But dammit man. I want my watering hole back.
I’m right there with you on that. I’m ready to be able to go out to my local bar on Friday nights again. This coming Friday night will be 19 Friday nights straight that I haven’t been able to go out on Friday night.

I know a number of people with it. I only know one person who almost died though. I know a few who had a really bad time with it and some that didn't at all.

Most people I know think I had it because of a situation that happened back in March but the Red Cross jacked up my blood sample so didn't test it for antibodies.

I know a number of people with it. I only know one person who almost died though. I know a few who had a really bad time with it and some that didn't at all.

Most people I know think I had it because of a situation that happened back in March but the Red Cross jacked up my blood sample so didn't test it for antibodies.
Hey man, quick question.

So I've never had a great/consistent swing, but since you play a lot, and play a lot better than me, I figured I would ask you.

I am a pretty hard swinger, right handed, and I have been having the hardest time with duck hooking the ball lately. It only occurs on the first 2 or 3 holes, then I kind of get it together a little bit. But in your experience, what is it that leads to bad hooks?

they have a new fear mongering now, its the virus as mutated and that is why its spreading like it is,

looks like FB may get cancelled, unemployment is going back up like they want.

it might end up getting the BB season cancelled, that's all that the CDC and the good Dr are doing ruining this country until Bided gets elected then there will be millions of doses to cure people. Biden will become the savior and the dems can claim that Trump didn't do his job and Biden did it all on his own.

Hey man, quick question.

So I've never had a great/consistent swing, but since you play a lot, and play a lot better than me, I figured I would ask you.

I am a pretty hard swinger, right handed, and I have been having the hardest time with duck hooking the ball lately. It only occurs on the first 2 or 3 holes, then I kind of get it together a little bit. But in your experience, what is it that leads to bad hooks?

Haha, I've been scoring pretty well lately but my miss is a duck hook, only with the driver though. Scares me a little though as I have an amateur tournament this weekend.

I think a couple of things can. Basically, the differential between your path and your club face causes most issues like this. The larger the differential the bigger the slice or hook. So ideally we want those two things matched up closer to each other. Basically an in to out path with a closed clubface where the difference is large creates bad news left.

1. Your back foot being farther drawn away from the ball than your lead foot, like how some set up for a draw. I had a former pro watch me hook a bunch on the range one day and he came over and had me square my feet up and it helped. In fact, now I actually play my back foot closer to the ball sort of like a fade set up. This helps the path not be so much in to out. Just have to not overdo it of course.

2. Technically I suppose a grip that is too strong can as well but this would be a very consistently problem throughout the round I would think. I also think grip changes are seldom a good idea unless a teaching pro does it with you.

3. Lots of people hook when the weight doesn't shift and the rotation stops (which happens because people want to look like the pros with that head back but the pressure forward) and this will cause one but I also think, because this is an issue for me, that shifting too much forward can for a decent player. You turn hard and your weight moves forward a bit early and the hands don't catch up so the club is kind of behind the body and the hands throw themselves forward and turn over late. In video this looks like what I do when I hook one off the planet.

I would suggest maybe the feet and shoulder alignment though. That is an easy one to mess with. Make sure your feet aren't set up to deliver the club from so far inside.

Also, tbh, if it's a driver issue you could try a stiffer shaft since you are a hard swinger. I'm not a hard swinger but do have a quick transition and had an x flex shaft in a driver last year and it helped some.

@denniden is a really good golfer so maybe he could chime in if he is still around.

Haha, I've been scoring pretty well lately but my miss is a duck hook, only with the driver though. Scares me a little though as I have an amateur tournament this weekend.

I think a couple of things can. Basically, the differential between your path and your club face causes most issues like this. The larger the differential the bigger the slice or hook. So ideally we want those two things matched up closer to each other. Basically an in to out path with a closed clubface where the difference is large creates bad news left.

1. Your back foot being farther drawn away from the ball than your lead foot, like how some set up for a draw. I had a former pro watch me hook a bunch on the range one day and he came over and had me square my feet up and it helped. In fact, now I actually play my back foot closer to the ball sort of like a fade set up. This helps the path not be so much in to out. Just have to not overdo it of course.

2. Technically I suppose a grip that is too strong can as well but this would be a very consistently problem throughout the round I would think. I also think grip changes are seldom a good idea unless a teaching pro does it with you.

3. Lots of people hook when the weight doesn't shift and the rotation stops (which happens because people want to look like the pros with that head back but the pressure forward) and this will cause one but I also think, because this is an issue for me, that shifting too much forward can for a decent player. You turn hard and your weight moves forward a bit early and the hands don't catch up so the club is kind of behind the body and the hands throw themselves forward and turn over late. In video this looks like what I do when I hook one off the planet.

I would suggest maybe the feet and shoulder alignment though. That is an easy one to mess with. Make sure your feet aren't set up to deliver the club from so far inside.

Also, tbh, if it's a driver issue you could try a stiffer shaft since you are a hard swinger. I'm not a hard swinger but do have a quick transition and had an x flex shaft in a driver last year and it helped some.

@denniden is a really good golfer so maybe he could chime in if he is still around.
It mainly does happen on my driver but every once in a while I will hook a long iron. Still not near as bad. But I appreciate the words of wisdom.

I have thought weight distribution could be the main culprit. Especially early in the round, I might not balance my weight on the balls of my feel like I'm supposed to. Probably lean back a little as I'm swinging.

So maybe try squaring my feet and standing over the ball a little better instead of behind it.

I have tried not swinging as had and it just feels weird to me. I don't swing so hard to where I fall over or anything, but I put a lot of weight behind it.

It mainly does happen on my driver but every once in a while I will hook a long iron. Still not near as bad. But I appreciate the words of wisdom.

I have thought weight distribution could be the main culprit. Especially early in the round, I might not balance my weight on the balls of my feel like I'm supposed to. Probably lean back a little as I'm swinging.

So maybe try squaring my feet and standing over the ball a little better instead of behind it.

I have tried not swinging as had and it just feels weird to me. I don't swing so hard to where I fall over or anything, but I put a lot of weight behind it.

I would think if your weight went back on your heels on the backswing then it would more forward towards the ball on the downswing which would bring the path out to in. I don't know though. I suppose it if your path stayed in to out you would compensate by raising up off your feet in the downswing though....so maybe. It's a complicated game, lol.

I mean, being behind the ball can work. I have a young kid I play with who is very small and played college golf and sets up way behind the ball and absolutely mashes it. If I try to intentionally set up behind the ball it's a disaster most of the time. I'm sort of centered even on my drive. I'm behind the ball but not with this massive tilt or anything.

I would think if your weight went back on your heels on the backswing then it would more forward towards the ball on the downswing which would bring the path out to in. I don't know though. I suppose it if your path stayed in to out you would compensate by raising up off your feet in the downswing though....so maybe. It's a complicated game, lol.

I mean, being behind the ball can work. I have a young kid I play with who is very small and played college golf and sets up way behind the ball and absolutely mashes it. If I try to intentionally set up behind the ball it's a disaster most of the time. I'm sort of centered even on my drive. I'm behind the ball but not with this massive tilt or anything.
Man, complicated is saying it nicely. Hardest game on the planet and I'm not sure there's a close second. Any micro miscues in your swing and you're hitting a poor shot

I don't know anyone with Covid, I dont know anyone that knows anyone with Covid. I run a business with 25 employee and none of them knows anyone that knows anyone with Covid. I think the numbers are totally overblown in terms of deaths and cases. The disease is no worse than the normal flue IF that bad. Someone somewhere wants the economy of the US to end up in the tank. I would sleep in any nursing home in the country and not be worried. Fake news big time.
DetailedAdvancedCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: TheDude1
Man, complicated is saying it nicely. Hardest game on the planet and I'm not sure there's a close second. Any micro miscues in your swing and you're hitting a poor shot

Yeah, it's frustrating as hell. There is nothing I would rather do though. Absolutely love it.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I’ll give you this, there is not a better feeling in the world than bombing one down the middle off the tee
I really hit well off the box last night---sans one near dick out. If I could eliminate one GD thing---it would be the occasional pickle dicker (just made that up) off the tee. This is my first year of really playing golf more than once or twice a summer.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't know anyone with Covid, I dont know anyone that knows anyone with Covid. I run a business with 25 employee and none of them knows anyone that knows anyone with Covid. I think the numbers are totally overblown in terms of deaths and cases. The disease is no worse than the normal flue IF that bad. Someone somewhere wants the economy of the US to end up in the tank. I would sleep in any nursing home in the country and not be worried. Fake news big time.

654b7fc0d94f91d1dfa822359ab56b20.jpg

You got a couple of bites.

So the new vaccine they are pushing to OK is highly dosed and almost everyone on trial has experienced side effects (which go hand in hand on high dosages of anything). Here is the newest caveat--in most cases one dose is not going to do it, so it sounds like a minimum of a series of 2-3 and maybe more. The numbers they project for each round----to be effective globally is 7-8 billion doses (each round).

So the new vaccine they are pushing to OK is highly dosed and almost everyone on trial has experienced side effects (which go hand in hand on high dosages of anything). Here is the newest caveat--in most cases one dose is not going to do it, so it sounds like a minimum of a series of 2-3 and maybe more. The numbers they project for each round----to be effective globally is 7-8 billion doses (each round).

I’ll pass.

ADVERTISEMENT