OT: NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by BStowers023, Apr 11, 2018.

1. BStowers023

BStowers023 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Last night of the regular season.

There's only 1 spot left in the West still up for grabs between Minnesota and Denver Edit: I think Denver and Minnesota (They play each other). The seeds aren't set yet but some interesting potential matchups.

Warriors/OKC - Will be a good one if it happens. The Warriors have been struggling with some injuries and OKC although they have very much under preformed, have the fire power to match GSW in a 7 game series.

Boston/Milwaukee or Miami - Either one of these matchups is a toss up I think since the Celtics don't have Kyrie. I'd probably favor the Bucks if they play Boston and I'd probably slightly favor Boston if they played Miami.

I think my Cavs have a pretty good shot to get to the finals again. I'm not worried about the Raptors since they are a regular season queen and that's about it. It'll be interesting to see who makes it out of the west this year. I think overall both conferences are as wide open as they've been in the past 3-4 years.

1 BStowers023, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    dtgold88 likes this.
  2. hawkeye bb n fb fan

hawkeye bb n fb fan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Denver and Minnesota can't both win because they play each other. Thunder have already secured their spot. Seed is TBD, though

I'm really hoping the Warriors vs Thunder matchup happens in round one. Give me the Thunder for the upset if they play each other (no Curry I remind you)

Agreed on the Boston vs Milwaukee or Miami

Cavs biggest roadblock in the East would be the 76ers with a healthy Embiid. Still think the Cavs would win in 6

dtgold88 and BStowers023 like this.
  3. Deathclutch

Deathclutch Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

We seriously need this W tonight. The Timberwolves haven't been in the playoffs since I was 17 years old. I just turned 31. Almost half my damn life. I have incredibly fond memories of the KG led T-Wolves from my childhood. Time to make some more memories for the young bloods in Minnesota tonight.

4. BStowers023

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I re-corrected it lol. But yeah the Sixers are tough. Even without Emiid, they've still been on a tear and beat us in a shoot out last week.

dtgold88 likes this.
  5. dtgold88

dtgold88 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

would also like to see a Curry-less QS match up with Thibs and the Wolves.

UCLA_Nation and GoldenAlley like this.
  6. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Looks like they can get anywhere from 5-8 with a win?

7. anon_355li7frq7ltw

anon_355li7frq7ltw Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I was super excited when we got Thibs and Butler back together, but Thibs still doesn't know how to rotate players and spread minutes around. He's wearing this team down IMO

GoldenAlley likes this.
  8. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

@BStowers023 think Milwaukee tries to win tonight vs. Philly? The reward for a win is the 6th seed and a date with the Cavs.

BStowers023 likes this.
  9. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

maybe missing a bunch of games the best thing to happen to Butler....if they win tonight

anon_355li7frq7ltw likes this.
  10. anon_355li7frq7ltw

anon_355li7frq7ltw Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I understood why people were pissed that he skipped the All Star game, but those folks don't play for Thibs either!

dtgold88 likes this.
  11. Starscream.

Starscream. Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I just love this time of year, there are actually people who think the other 7 teams in the East have a legit shot of getting to the Finals. This is the worst Cavs team we have sent to the Finals since Lebron came back and its not even close, and it will still be a cakewalk to square off against Houston or GS in the Finals.

Enjoy this Cavs ride fellas because we will NEVER have another stretch like this again where we walk into the Finals for 4 years fkn straight without anyone being able to do anything about it.

The East is wrapped up(going on year 4 now) so focus all your attention on Houston and GS................we need to worry about THEM not whats going on over here in the WNBA(Eastern Conference). Im going to at least 1 game in each round because there is a shot this window could close after this year, IM SOAKING ALL THIS UP.

We are gonna walk right into the Finals again this year and nobody in the East can do shit about it......

[​IMG]

BStowers023 likes this.
  12. NoleKing

NoleKing Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Would love for the good guys to go on a run out of the east. But the lack of playoff experience and how different the game turns is going to be a tough adjustment for the Sixers. They make it to the ECF I'll be ok with it.

13. Big ol arms

Big ol arms Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think so because they need to win to stay in the 6th seed and keep their protected 1st round draft pick from the Eris Bledsoe trade. If they lose, they could move as far down as 8th in the East and potentially lose that draft pick. They also expect Giannis to be back after missing 2 games.

14. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Already took care of both sides of the fence last week. No need to keep going.

Go Cavs!!

15. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Think Milwaukee gives them anything tonight? Guessing no as a win for the Bucks sets them up in round 1 with the Cavs.

16. uquackmeup

uquackmeup Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Jazz @ Blazers tonight to determine 3rd seed

Duckdude73 likes this.
  17. NoleKing

Expand Collapse

Probably not, they don't want to face the Cavs and if they're facing the Sixers they don't want to show them anything before Saturday.

18. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Interesting. Protected to what number?

19. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

No worries about facing Philly, as a loss keeps them at 7 or 8. A win and it's the Cavs. Pretty sure that's locked.

20. Big ol arms

Big ol arms Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

"In the November trade that brought Bledsoe to Milwaukee and sent Greg Monroe to the Suns, the Bucks included a protected first-round pick. That pick will stay with the Bucks if it falls between pick Nos. 1-10 (impossible now that Bucks have qualified for the playoffs) or Nos. 17-30.

If the pick falls in the range of Nos. 11-16, it will convey to the Suns this summer.

Pick Nos. 1-14 are reserved for lottery teams that did not make the postseason. Playoff teams then follow with pick Nos. 15-30, going in order of the worst regular-season record to the best.

The only way to ensure the Bucks will keep their first-round pick is for them to finish sixth in the Eastern Conference. In that scenario, there will be two teams below Milwaukee in the standings, which would mean the Bucks' first-round draft pick will not be Nos. 15 or 16.

The Western Conference does not figure into the equation for pick Nos. 15 and 16. The eighth-place team in the West will have at least 46 wins, a number that is higher than the bottom three teams in the East can reach.

The Bucks could also keep their first-round pick in the instance of a tie for sixth, which they have clinched at this point. However, in this scenario, keeping their pick will be up to chance. Teams with identical records have ties broken for playoff seeding, but those tiebreakers don't apply to draft. Rather, the league breaks ties each spring to determine draft order with each tied team getting equal odds.

Thus, if the Bucks lose Wednesday and tie for sixth place with the Heat, Wizards or both, they would have to wait for the results of the tiebreaker to find out if they will keep their draft pick. In a two-way or three-way tie, the Bucks would "win" the tiebreaker by losing, with their ping-pong ball getting picked last and thus putting them at 17th. If it comes up first — or second in the case of a three-way tie — their pick would go to Phoenix.

If Milwaukee keeps its pick in 2018, Phoenix will get it in 2019 if it falls between 4 and 16. In 2020, the Bucks' pick is only top-seven protected. If the Bucks keep their pick in each of those three seasons, it would become unprotected in 2021"

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-keep-their-first-round-draft-pick/488748002/

dtgold88 likes this.
  21. NoleKing

Expand Collapse

Yea, forgot about the tight back end. Per twitter they're playing everybody so who knows. Also depends on if the Sixers want to play Indy or Washington or Miami, etc.

22. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Would think they are due to what Big pointed out. I checked it our before he found me the info (but thanks, @Big ol arms), and he was 100% correct. Pretty simple....win and the Bucks keep their draft pick, lose and good chance they lose it.

I'm guessing Philly looking beyond round 1 and if they win would rather see either a depleted Boston in round 2 or get home court against one of the teams you mentioned.

23. NoleKing

Expand Collapse

True, but the Sixers are a hot team right now as well. And they've worked hard to get that 3 seed. Be a let down to blow it tonight. Game could be somewhat interesting.

24. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

No doubt Philly still the favorite I would think. But a done deal had Milwaukee had no incentive.

25. Starscream.

Expand Collapse

Well, this aint a good way to start the playoffs.....

Khloe Kardasian is about to give birth in the next few days here in Cleveland where she is staying, Tristan just got popped cheating the other day with 2 chics. The video is on TMZ that I just watched............lol Tristan you dumbass. It looks like a club had a security camera on them and Tristan didn't even see it, both chics are hot AF. Watch the vid on TMZ.

[​IMG]

26. BucksLAN

BucksLAN Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I wish the Cavs got the 3rd seed but I don't see it happening tonight. They'll most likely have to get through Toronto and Philly in the ECF if they want to make it back to the Finals.

dtgold88 likes this.
  27. RCM88x

RCM88x Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

First loser goes home, winner goes to playoffs game in the NBA since 1988 iirc between Minnesota and Denver. Should be a fun night of games.

28. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

NBA playoffs start tonight. My body is ready.

29. NoleKing

Expand Collapse

Didn't he leave his pregnant gf at the time for Khloe? Like I don't think Tristan really cares that much.

30. Starscream.

Expand Collapse

He might not but his BANK ROLL will.

5 years 85 million. Imagine the child support payments off that.

Those Kardasians are gold diggers(as we all know) and shes about to leave him because he totally embarrassed her over this, days before the birth of their baby. The last thing we need before we go to war with Houston or Golden State is this mess, he'll be totally useless(even more than he is now) worrying about this drama.

[​IMG]

31. BStowers023

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Hard to say but yeah most likely they throw the game. I'm fine with playing the Pacers. Milwaukee is a little bit scarier of a team IMO with their young talent than Indiana. I think Indiana over performed a bit this year. Oladipo is a great player but they don't have much after him. At least not enough to beat the Cavs 4 times out of 7 games.

What do you mean not good news? The Kardashian curse might be lifted and we COULD get old Tristan back, not new scrub 5ppg 5rpg Tristan. We NEED him and Chloe to be no more. This could save our season.

32. Starscream.

Expand Collapse

10000000000% disagree.

TT needs to straighten this up ASAP, the worst thing that can happen is they break up. Then she will rape him in child support and she will be dating all these other guys as revenge.

Don't think Tristan will be able to concentrate in the Finals this year when his paycheck is 20% lighter and he turns on TMZ and sees Khloe at Disneyland with Drake and hes holding his kid.

Might be a little difficult to house 10-15 boards a game dealing with that.

32 Starscream., Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  33. Bucks4640

Bucks4640 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

OKC/Warriors can't happen now due to the warriors losing last night

34. BStowers023

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Then bench his worthless ass. He's become the biggest clown show on the team. He doesn't care about winning anymore ever since he started dating that hoe bag. Cut him and take the financial loss, idc. Gilbert was stupid for signing him and LeBron was stupid for sticking up for him. The dude is straight trash

35. NoleKing

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Gotham I mean the NBA's reckoning is here

iliketrafficlights likes this.
  36. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Looking that way, but until someone in the East knocks him off, I'll never bet against Lebron. But, yeah, 3 would be preferred.

BucksLAN likes this.
  37. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

And NOT one of the TV games. Unreal.

38. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Thinking the Kardashians are doing OK financially with or without TT's market value deal.

39. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

As Arms pointed out, Milwaukee needs to win to keep their 1st rounder from the Bledsoe trade.

Just an FYI, in the first couple weeks after he came back from injury, TT was averaging about 20 rebounds per 36 minutes (8 offensive).

Agree Milwaukee might be a little scarier, but I'd rather face either a depleted Cs team in round 2 or get home court against whoever might beat them should we get there.

BStowers023 and Big ol arms like this.
  40. dtgold88

Expand Collapse

Not sure how credible, but seems reasonable. Khloe might end up owing TT some cash after his deal ends.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/khloe-kardashian-net-worth/