ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My truck was stolen this morning...

WTF? And that guy will still have the keys and knows where to find the truck... .
Truck is at the shop where I work...Just gonna leave it there for now. Wife works with me, so we can just use her car. Im gonna clean that summna bitch very well, before setting foot in it...We found a diary the female was keeping, and in her diary she talked about recently testing positive for Hepatitis....:eek:

As for the keys----Thankfully I don't leave any keys on there..Not even my house key. Just the truck key. But still.

A few years ago my wife left her car running and went into a gas station. Someone took her car. Called the cops. She got charged with petty negligence, $200 fine and the person who took her car was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Probably had a public defender and got punished less for taking the car than my wife got for leaving her keys in the car.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nope...I was shocked. Had it towed to the office. Police came, and starting looking through the shit that was in there...I was like, "I cannot believe your guys passed on a chance to EASILY catch this dude..." Officer was like, "was it a shift change"? Who fuking cares....You guys have been posting on FB here, needing help catching these crooks...I gave the perfect opportunity. Dude wasn't very nice after that..

I am thinking about filing some sort of complaint. Problem is, I know a lot of officers...Hell, good friend is lead detective for the police department...But still...To me man, that is lazy, terrible police work.

All they had to do was park over in our complex---perfect view...And just wait.

Shocked, bro...

BTW----Tubby should be in the rafters...:p
Way to squeeze that last comment in there. I hope Tubby does get a retired jersey though. I think now might be a good time to do that.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Truck is at the shop where I work...Just gonna leave it there for now. Wife works with me, so we can just use her car. Im gonna clean that summna bitch very well, before setting foot in it...We found a diary the female was keeping, and in her diary she talked about recently testing positive for Hepatitis....:eek:

As for the keys----Thankfully I don't leave any keys on there..Not even my house key. Just the truck key. But still.
Nasty!!! Surprised they were even spending money on a hotel. Wonder who they stole that from.

A few years ago my wife left her car running and went into a gas station. Someone took her car. Called the cops. She got charged with petty negligence, $200 fine and the person who took her car was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Probably had a public defender and got punished less for taking the car than my wife got for leaving her keys in the car.
I bet she won't do that again.

Nasty!!! Surprised they were even spending money on a hotel. Wonder who they stole that from.
What is crazy, and I have probably already said this....But the truck ws found at the hotel behind our apartment complex....That place is becoming really, really bad...Use to be a very nice hotel/suite. Expensive. But now? Nope.

But imagine stealing a vehicle, and then staying in a hotel, less than a 100-yards away, from where you stole it from...RollLaugh

I had a suspicion that whoever took it, came from over there..I even looked over there a couple of times...

This reminds me of something I saw in an old episode of the show Too Gear that I saw not too long ago. The episode was from 2010 and at the end of the episode they had a segment about crazy car related articles in the news and they talked about an article about a suburb in Philadelphia where people wanted the police to start fining people for leaving their cars unlocked whether it was in public or at their house.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I have a cheap 2015 F-150 for sell.

First offer!

My broker is @Lurker123 just drop him an offer! SmokinSmile
That's really rotten of you. Cheater.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What is crazy, and I have probably already said this....But the truck ws found at the hotel behind our apartment complex....That place is becoming really, really bad...Use to be a very nice hotel/suite. Expensive. But now? Nope.

But imagine stealing a vehicle, and then staying in a hotel, less than a 100-yards away, from where you stole it from...RollLaugh

I had a suspicion that whoever took it, came from over there..I even looked over there a couple of times...

Just go to the hotel and wait for gramps to show up and beat the fvck out him. Wear gloves, no evidence lol.

Man, I want too. But we got the truck back.

Some disturbing police work that you described. Sounds lazy. And another poster mentioned his case against ended up with the suspect being charged with a misdemeanor? Sheesh. Auto theft is a felony. Must have plead down. If so, lazy azz DA.

Glad you got it back. Good police work on your part!

Some disturbing police work that you described. Sounds lazy. And another poster mentioned his case against ended up with the suspect being charged with a misdemeanor? Sheesh. Auto theft is a felony. Must have plead down. If so, lazy azz DA.

Glad you got it back. Good police work on your part!
My boss....He is the one who found it, at 5am...Called me to tell me. But we both did more than the police, that is for sure.

Strangest story ever. Glad you got it back. ****, YOU got it back. Not the cops. So strange.

Strangest story ever. Glad you got it back. ****, YOU got it back. Not the cops. So strange.
Unreal....We are calling PD office first thing, tomorrow. Not happy at all. I mean we offered to let them use the truck as bait. I mean , bro. Hell they could've set up a big sting. Followed the vehicle when it left..Follwed it to a drug house....Made even a bigger bust. But even then, damn, felony car theft is enough. They said, "Naaah...shift change". No lie, brother. Told us, "NO". Then when we get the truck back to the office, ans start to go through it, and find what he did---We call them. And these mudder****ers ask us, "can you bring the evidence to the station"?

Do whaaaaat?

Unreal, man. I tell ya what, the dude who stole the truck---They(CPD) better hope he doesn't do it again, and in the process, someone gets killed, or hurt. Piss poor policing, brother. Very disappointed...

Unreal....We are calling PD office first thing, tomorrow. Not happy at all. I mean we offered to let them use the truck as bait. I mean , bro. Hell they could've set up a big sting. Followed the vehicle when it left..Follwed it to a drug house....Made even a bigger bust. But even then, damn, felony car theft is enough. They said, "Naaah...shift change". No lie, brother. Told us, "NO". Then when we get the truck back to the office, ans start to go through it, and find what he did---We call them. And these mudder****ers ask us, "can you bring the evidence to the station"?

Do whaaaaat?

Unreal, man. I tell ya what, the dude who stole the truck---They(CPD) better hope he doesn't do it again, and in the process, someone gets killed, or hurt. Piss poor policing, brother. Very disappointed...

If you haven’t already find out who their supervisor is and express your displeasure and see what he has to say. I would probably initiate an Internal Affairs complaint as well.

No one even going to mention his wife told him twice to go out and lock it. Your life is practically over. She will never let you live it down. Game over man! Game over!
Bro, I know....We were looking at a car today----Wife ask the salesman, "Any chance you got a car that locks itself after 2 hours of being unlocked..." Salesman was like, "Ummmm, I don't, ummmmm..." Wife was like, "Ask him.....(pointing at me)..Then proceeds to share....

Hahahahaha........****ing women.

If you haven’t already find out who their supervisor is and express your displeasure and see what he has to say. I would probably initiate an Internal Affairs complaint as well.
We have.....Told it was being looked into. I told the commander----Hopefully by the end of the week, you don't have to "look into it much more". Now look, I gotta be careful here. I know a lot of these guys. They know me. So the last thing I wanna do is piss these dudes off. BUT STILL. I mean thats just inexcusable...That simple.

\
Buy a house Jackass.
aCCnON9.gif
Naaah, I am good. I'm 48.....Full-time job. I travel the country working college baseball and basketball. Gone a lot. Hate yard work. Hate house work, i.e. gutter cleaning, roof repairs, etc, etc...
Its just me and my wife. Five minutes from work. 15 minutes from the airport. We pay a mere $700 a month....and our electric(around $50). They pay everything else----cable, internet, gas, water, and trash pick-up. Also threw in an Apple TV box.

So for now, we'll just save. When its time to retire from hoops and baseball for me, probably gonna build a log-cabin style home in the country, with a lake, and just enjoy life....

Reactions: cdbearde
Lots of dumball in this thread. Starts with leaving the keys in a vehicle. Moves on to being told to take the f...... keys out of the truck and not doing it....

Lots of dumball in this thread. Starts with leaving the keys in a vehicle. Moves on to being told to take the f...... keys out of the truck and not doing it....
Also, in fairness to me----We live in a rather nice facility...Well lit...camera's....fences....gated....I mean for christ sakes, theres a god damn camera right in front of where the truck is parked....

Still, yeah, I should've gotten up, lock the damn truck....

Reactions: Jaycg15
Also, in fairness to me----We live in a rather nice facility...Well lit...camera's....fences....gated....I mean for christ sakes, theres a god damn camera right in front of where the truck is parked....

Still, yeah, I should've gotten up, lock the damn truck....

If your rent is only $700 a month it's probably in a neighborhood where shit like that happens..

People suck. I can’t imagine how big of a piece of shit someone has to be to not feel bad about doing that.
My brother was one of five people to have his vehicle stolen one night. The guy drove it down a steep hill next to our driveway before joyriding it through a barbed wire fence. He didn't have insurance, so my brother just had to eat the cost of the repairs. People are fvcks.

There are some areas that leaving your keys in your vehicle isn't that big of a deal. Not the best move, but it's understandable.

If your rent is only $700 a month it's probably in a neighborhood where shit like that happens..
My rent is only $700 b/c we rent a loft...About a 700 sq.foot, "apartment". There is no neighborhood----Its located off a HWY. No houses, or other apartment complexes around. Amenities include a pool, with grill, pizza grill and a natural gas fire pit..

5d81402756e90.image.jpg

IMG_20190924_115444_V1.jpg

IMG_20190924_115213_V1.jpg

Club House:

clarksville-lofts-clarksville-in-building-photo.jpg

5_V1.jpg

Entertainment room:

4_V1.jpg

3_V1.jpg

Our apartment:

images

Complex is less than a year old...Rent is $700 for smaller unit---$775 for larger. It was a "special" to get people in the building; $3.6 million dollar construction job. Our rent will increase to $800 in October....Other units to $875. IF you a renewing. New tenants will pay $900/$975.

So now you know...

There are some areas that leaving your keys in your vehicle isn't that big of a deal. Not the best move, but it's understandable.
Yep...With the security....location---Nothing is around as far as houses, other apartments, etc, etc...It just didn't bother to me to go, "Meh, it'll be ok". MOF I even told the wife---"its not like someone is gonna steal it"...Laughing

We have.....Told it was being looked into. I told the commander----Hopefully by the end of the week, you don't have to "look into it much more". Now look, I gotta be careful here. I know a lot of these guys. They know me. So the last thing I wanna do is piss these dudes off. BUT STILL. I mean thats just inexcusable...That simple.

Got to do what you got to do bro. Your vehicle should have been processed for evidence from the get-go. Any cop with half a brain would know the hotel nearby with users and such hanging out is the first place to look around. I don’t know what state you live in, but auto theft is a felony where I come from. Can’t recall now, did they at LEAST fill out a report?

Got to do what you got to do bro. Your vehicle should have been processed for evidence from the get-go. Any cop with half a brain would know the hotel nearby with users and such hanging out is the first place to look around. I don’t know what state you live in, but auto theft is a felony where I come from. Can’t recall now, did they at LEAST fill out a report?
They did the morning I reported it stolen...But not when found. Not right away. An officer came to the shop about 4 hours after we found it. He bagged the evidence, to inventory, etc, etc...Haven't heard back yet. I mean, no biggie FOR ME. Got the vehicle back. But that aint the point---This dude is still out there. Odds are, he'll do it again. And who knows,maybe this time someone catches him in the act...He pulls a gun/knife. Someone could lose their life. Could've been avoided.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT