ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My son leaves for the Navy, next Monday(26th).

Just thinking of this, Borden! Be proud, keep in touch with him, and know that he is having, in some ways, the time of his life.
It's been a week almost........But it feels like 10 years. Man do I miss him. Tough, tough saying good-bye. Damn it was. And now it's just, well, like empty. I still text his phone every morning, with the same message: "Love you kiddo". Now I know what my parents felt like when I left for boot camp. I'm constantly thinking of him; Is he Ok? How is his training going? And I went through it. But yet I still find myself worrying sick over him.

Man I miss him....

Reactions: treyforuk
Got a letter from my dude today!!!! Man----feel like I won the lottery. Had a piss ass day, really. Just went through the mail on my desk----And BAM----there it was. Man...........I mean, damn. Just really overwhelmed TBH.

Reactions: jhmossy
You big softie, you:)
I know, right? I was the one telling him---"Dude, put down your purse. Time to grow up". Told his mom---"No, absolutely NO, sad, I miss you letters".

And now look at me........

giphy.gif

I tell ya what I miss the most: Our morning text. I'd text him every morning---"Love ya, kiddo".

Man.

Reactions: treyforuk
Dude, I’ve got a beautiful little six year old who is everything to me, the sunshine in my life, my little prince of a boy. I get teary reading YOUR thing and just THINKING about him.

Please, man. If done right, a father and a son should be something special.

Dude, I’ve got a beautiful little six year old who is everything to me, the sunshine in my life, my little prince of a boy. I get teary reading YOUR thing and just THINKING about him.

Please, man. If done right, a father and a son should be something special.
It's an unbelievable bond. It really is. And it's only going to get better. A father/daughter relatinship is different. And special. But a father/son? Man it's.......its just different. I've been strict on him. Tough with him. But that is my job. He understands that now. SO trust me on this...be firm. Be tough. Your son at 15 won't care for it. But your son at 19, in boot camp, will hug you for it.

I know this. Mine did.

ADVERTISEMENT