OT: Movies, TV, and video games

toonces11

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
Spy Game is 100% underrated.

Semi Related Sidenote on old actors: Robert Redford and Clint eastwood are american icons.

Reactions: tw3301

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
So I finally got a 4K TV… Haven’t ever had one before… And holy shit, it is so crisp that it’s almost a little unnerving… Like it doesn’t feel like a movie anymore, it just feels like I’m looking at people. Does that make sense?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky
So I finally got a 4K TV… Haven’t ever had one before… And holy shit, it is so crisp that it’s almost a little unnerving… Like it doesn’t feel like a movie anymore, it just feels like I’m looking at people. Does that make sense?
I know what you mean, some shows now look like actors on a set. It makes it hard to suspend disbelief.

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
I know what you mean, some shows now look like actors on a set. It makes it hard to suspend disbelief.
Yes! I’m sitting here going “hey look, there’s Will Smith lying down preparing to see his lines” instead of feeling like I’m watching a movie? You get what I mean judging by your comment:)

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Nice, welcome to the club. Just got my set up a couple months ago. Did you already have a 4K receiver or did you get one as well? What kind you get?

I just wish more stuff was in 4K. Basically nothing on regular tv is on 4K. You gotta go to Netflix, Amazon, etc to see any shows or movies in 4K. I hear that some big sporting events are in 4K, but so far there haven't been any since I got my set up. I'm wondering if Covid is going to get in the way of some sporting events being in 4k?

I am stupid

Mar 18, 2013
Its amazing looking back at what we used to think was amazing graphics. Especially in video games.

I only have a 1080 tv, but a 4k monitor. I guess I should look into an upgrade.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Christ I think it's by far the most boring season I've ever watched and I'm in the middle of episode 4.
I'm gonna wait till the season is complete and the reviews are out before committing. Hearing a lot of mixed reactions to this seaosn.

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
How did they make the smoke show from yellowstone look so bad in Fargo?

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
It's actually 3rd. Winking
1. Ozark
2. Succession
3. The Boys

I've heard nothing but mixed things about Ozark and Succession.

Some people love them, some people think they are meh. Haven't heard anyone say bad things about Boys.

Jul 6, 2007
I've heard nothing but mixed things about Ozark and Succession.

Some people love them, some people think they are meh. Haven't heard anyone say bad things about Boys.
Have you seen them? I’ve never heard anything but praise for either.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Have you seen them? I’ve never heard anything but praise for either.

I haven't watched either. Steered away from Ozark because the first season got meh reviews, although it sounds like the show has picked up since then. Never gave Succession a try, doesn't sound that interesting. Cancelled HBO this week also.