OT: Movies, TV, and video games

SNU0821

Apr 1, 2013
Badges are all very easy to come by except shooting. I have a three level scorer with the pie chart that is almost half blue half green but slightly more green.

12 finishing badges
22 shooting
14 playmaking
6 defense

So I think there is a ton of potential with my guy, but they have made the shooting grind hell. Career is so much easier to get badges at this point.

I'm also trying not to spend any money on this game. Any more, I should say. Since I bought the Mamba Forever addition for the next gen console, had zero VC to start with. Only bright side is I get 100,000 on the next one. Think I'm only an 83 right now.
Yeah my guy is like 22 shooting, 20 playmaking, 6 defense and 6 finishing. Something like that. I'm only an 86 right now. Been going to practice in the career mode. Makes leveling up easier. Thinking of taking off on Friday to grind all day.

Reactions: JimboBBN

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Yeah my guy is like 22 shooting, 20 playmaking, 6 defense and 6 finishing. Something like that. I'm only an 86 right now. Been going to practice in the career mode. Makes leveling up easier. Thinking of taking off on Friday to grind all day.
Hey man, still waiting on the xbox invite SmokinSmile

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
So weird. I get if you are doing historical teams or whatever, and have guys who are no longer playing, but he's not that.

Badges are all very easy to come by except shooting. I have a three level scorer with the pie chart that is almost half blue half green but slightly more green.

12 finishing badges
22 shooting
14 playmaking
6 defense

So I think there is a ton of potential with my guy, but they have made the shooting grind hell. Career is so much easier to get badges at this point.

I'm also trying not to spend any money on this game. Any more, I should say. Since I bought the Mamba Forever addition for the next gen console, had zero VC to start with. Only bright side is I get 100,000 on the next one. Think I'm only an 83 right now.
Ugh, I find finishing badges a massive pain in the ass to get, especially since defensive badges are SO easy to get... my and my two or three finishing badges have a hard time scoring over someone with HoF Intimidator, Rim Protector, and Pogo, you know? Just grinding on career, now, which is annoying because how long will I even have this guy... two months?

And yeah, I can't spend any more money, especially since the game is going to be next gen in like two months.

Reactions: JimboBBN

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
So weird. I get if you are doing historical teams or whatever, and have guys who are no longer playing, but he's not that.

Ugh, I find finishing badges a massive pain in the ass to get, especially since defensive badges are SO easy to get... my and my two or three finishing badges have a hard time scoring over someone with HoF Intimidator, Rim Protector, and Pogo, you know? Just grinding on career, now, which is annoying because how long will I even have this guy... two months?

And yeah, I can't spend any more money, especially since the game is going to be next gen in like two months.
It has certainly made the defense and offense lopsided. With it being so hard to score, defensive badges have gone up and it’s only widened the gap. Tough.

Reactions: TheDude1

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Played one game of 2k21 in myteam, shot 0-15 from 3 with 95 rated Lillard. Turned off game and haven't been back. I heard they have since patched the shooting, but its still not good.

I also looked at Myteam and a lot of the challenges are now tied into needing cards from packs you can purchase for real money. Also they got rid of rookie level and all challenges start at pro level and ramp up to superstar. I doubt I'll ever be good enough to play superstar level.

As it stands I'm going to wait a few months and then try the game again when the new NBA season starts. If it's improved I'll probably go into My League and just stick with that mode. My team really sucks this year.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky
Still haven't decided if I want to go S or X. Probably will end up with X but I'm giving it some more time
I know I'll regret S every time I see/hear/read about the X and when new games come out.

I don't want to live with regret. Going X. It'll be years before another comes out. Knowing me, I'd probably buy the S and later buy the X and be out 800 instead of 5.

I currently just have a 1080 Plasma TV so I'm going to package it with a new 4k (maybe 8) and a 9.2 receiver and call it a day for the next decade.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Managed to snag an XBox Series X on preorder... anyone else give it a shot?
Nope, I'm a Playstation guy.

Why do you guys use Xbox when Playstation has better exclusive games? Is the online multiplayer better on Xbox? I wouldn't know since I'm a single player gamer exclusively.

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Honestly, I only play a couple of games. And the guys I play with are all Xbox guys. The only game I would love to get is that Spider-Man game, but...

SNU0821

Apr 1, 2013
So what games are people getting initially for the PS5? I got the bundle with Spiderman. I am thinking I will get the new Assassins Creed and NBA 2K21.

What else should I be looking at? Cyberpunk 77? Is that basically like a futuristic GTA? What COD? Looks pretty sweet.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
LOL you're quoting a cite called XBOX news.

Sony definitely has a lot more AAA exclusive titles than XBox. It's not even close.

PS4 exclusives of note:
Infamous
Uncharted
Spider Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ratchet and Clank
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Last of Us Part 2

XBOX exclusives of note:
Gears of War
Forza Motorsport

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
So what games are people getting initially for the PS5? I got the bundle with Spiderman. I am thinking I will get the new Assassins Creed and NBA 2K21.

What else should I be looking at? Cyberpunk 77? Is that basically like a futuristic GTA? What COD? Looks pretty sweet.
NBA2k21 is a broken mess. Don't buy it unless it is fixed which is doubtful.

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
I would absolutely buy a new halo game for the new Xbox. Think GTA six is coming out soon, I might have to look at that. Also, if there’s a new Elder scrolls or Skyrim game, I will have to look at that too

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky

Sony definitely has a lot more AAA exclusive titles than XBox. It's not even close.

PS4 exclusives of note:
Infamous
Uncharted
Spider Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ratchet and Clank
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Last of Us Part 2

XBOX exclusives of note:
Gears of War
Forza Motorsport
I was pointing out where Xbox just bought a bunch of game studio's along with Bethesda and Id. Also, games of note is subjective.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky

I'll be playing Cyberpunk for months to come. I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe by the time I'm finished with it Halo will be out.

Now that xbox bought Bethesda, it clears the way for Fallout Vegas 2.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I was pointing out where Xbox just bought a bunch of game studio's along with Bethesda and Id. Also, games of note is subjective.
That bodes well for Xbox on the upcoming gen. There's no denying they were severely lacking in AAA exclusive titles on this current Gen. It's not subjective when one company has over a dozen AAA titles that were well received and the other has one ok not great game (Gears) and their next best exclusive title is a racing game.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky
That bodes well for Xbox on the upcoming gen. There's no denying they were severely lacking in AAA exclusive titles on this current Gen. It's not subjective when one company has over a dozen AAA titles that were well received and the other has one ok not great game (Gears) and their next best exclusive title is a racing game.
You take console wars more serious than I do. You win.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky
I don't get the "next gen" angle. This is going to affect both consoles. I'm guessing you're not a fan of Fallout, skyrim, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. I'm too lazy to list them all. You do have all the PS5games you mentioned, but I've not played them so I can't relate.

Funny thing, I played those games on PC. First edition. It holds a special place in my heart. I can't explain/sell it.

Last edited:

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I don't get the "next gen" angle. This is going to affect both consoles. I'm guessing you're not a fan of Fallout, skyrim, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. I'm too lazy to list them all. You do have all the PS5games you mentioned, but I've not played them so I can't relate.

Funny thing, I played those games on PC. First edition. It holds a special place in my heart. I can't explain/sell it.

Of those games the only one I am interested in would be Elder Scrolls 6.. If that is an XBOX exclusive that would be a huge get for Microsoft. As of now, it has not been confirmed that it will be exclusive to Xbox. Also will be many years before it comes out.

SNU0821

Apr 1, 2013
More PS5's dropping on gamestop.com right now.

Limited inventory less than a few thousand nation wide.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Team
Kentucky
Of those games the only one I am interested in would be Elder Scrolls 6.. If that is an XBOX exclusive that would be a huge get for Microsoft. As of now, it has not been confirmed that it will be exclusive to Xbox. Also will be many years before it comes out.
From what I've read, everything outside of current contracts, they'll all be Xbox/PC only.

makes sense since they spent billions.

Reactions: tw3301

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke

PS4 exclusives of note:
Infamous
Uncharted
Spider Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ratchet and Clank
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Last of Us Part 2

XBOX exclusives of note:
Gears of War
Forza Motorsport
Buy American commie.

tw3301

Mar 31, 2009
Team
Duke
Never! Did that once and ended up with a crappy GMC truck. I outsource all my electronics and automobiles nowadays.
I had a Toyota tundra and the transmission went out at 60,000 miles. Bought a brand new Silverado in 2019 and love it... But I only have 13,000 miles on it so we will see.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I had a Toyota tundra and the transmission went out at 60,000 miles. Bought a brand new Silverado in 2019 and love it... But I only have 13,000 miles on it so we will see.
yea, I would hope a car with 13,000 would still be running well. My last 4 cars were two American and two Japanese. Only ones I had problems with were the two American cars...Jeep andGMC.

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Just two episodes in and I'm already addicted to the new season of Fargo.

Nice, I haven't started it yet. Loved every season they've done. Might start it this weekend or might let a few more eps get dropped before I get going.

Just started season 2 of The Boys. I'm two eps in and it's really good so far. Great show.

Finished season 2 of Umbrella Academy last week. Loved it. Another great show.

Almost done with season 2 of Cobra Cai. Another fantastic show.