ADVERTISEMENT

OT - MLB Season Thread

That run still wouldn’t have counted if they managed to get Baez out at first after he ran all the way back home. It’s such a bad play all around by the pirates.
Its ****ing Little League shit... All he had to do was A---well, ummm, touch first, or B) simply tag him. Either the way, the run does not score. JFC.....

Reactions: bMORE607
@IUfanBorden talks about how a player is automatically out by turning and going out of the base path.

Watching chaos.

tenor.gif
Whoa, huh? First off----simply turning around doesn't make you out...But the then you added the other part---"running out of the base line". That changes things.

BTW, have my Sectional Semi-Final games tomorrow at 5;30/7:30: Class 4A---#7 New Albany vs #9 Floyd Central in Game 1...Game 2 is Jeffersonville vs #15 Bedford NL....I'll be at 3rd base first game....1st base 2nd game. Championship is Monday at 1pm. I have the plate.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Absolute brain fart of all brain farts.
Crazy shit is ths---Had they made a good throw to first, and got the out, after all the circus shit---run still would not have counted. Little League shit all around.

Reactions: bMORE607

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? I think it’s a pretty big misstep by the league (shocker) to roll out this new policy so quickly. This could’ve been addressed in the offseason. We’re likely headed for a lockout next year anyways, just add it into the discussions.

I get it pitchers shouldn’t be using substances, but there’s a massive difference between sunscreen and the spider tac bull shit. To outlaw everything to protect your own dumb fvck umpires over your players just seems short sighted to me.

Yeah his point seems like a good one. Changing the rule mid-season for something as big as this was a pretty horrible idea. Why not get reps from multi sides together in the winter and figure it out? Could bring front office people, umpires, on field managers/coaches, and a few hitters and pitchers and put a plan together? Even bring in a few retired players etc.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Reds are rolling....Won 13 of 16. Third sweep in their last 4 series...

Reds looking good. They have a kid that breaks 100 MPH that just got promoted to AAA can't think of his name, but he could be up to help them out soon. I thought they'd be sellers at the deadline looks like I was wrong.

oh man Ramirez is gonna get some noise for that hilarious trip around the bases after the game from his teammates

Reds looking good. They have a kid that breaks 100 MPH that just got promoted to AAA can't think of his name, but he could be up to help them out soon. I thought they'd be sellers at the deadline looks like I was wrong.
Hunter Greene...

Looked great , until they got to SD----win 13/16, then get swept. I still think they'llbe in the hunt---especially if Greene can produce.

Votto is a whiny bitch. I love the Reds....Have for over 30+ years. Votto is the biggsest, whiny ass I can recall. You swung bro---It was clear you swung. Just take your ass back to the dugout...

This is why I do not like Bell...

Top 11th. Lead off double by the Reds.

Farmer at the plate. He has him swinging.

****ing stupid.

Whats he do? Grounds out to short.

BUNT you ignorant ****. For one, your pen is short. But two---Get the dude to 3rd with one out...force the infield in. Opens shit up.

Nope...

JFC..

BTW....India struck out looking to end the inning.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is why I do not like Bell...

Top 11th. Lead off double by the Reds.

Farmer at the plate. He has him swinging.

****ing stupid.

Whats he do? Grounds out to short.

BUNT you ignorant ****. For one, your pen is short. But two---Get the dude to 3rd with one out...force the infield in. Opens shit up.

Nope...

JFC..

BTW....India struck out looking to end the inning.
I don’t think Bell is a good manager (he’s mismanaged the bullpen quite a bit from what I’ve seen), but I don’t know you can fault him for this.

First off, it wasn’t a lead off double, runners start on second in the eleventh. They had scored 2 runs in the prior inning (without bunting anyone over) and Farmer, Shogo, and India are all capable hitters. India was 3-5 last night I believe. And managers at large don’t really bunt anymore. Maybe you’d be more comfortable with someone like Ned Yost as your manager, but there’s a reason he’s not in baseball anymore.

Best three NL teams in the West

keep waiting for the giants to fall off and they keep winning, except when they play the dodgers. Dodgers keep winning until they play SD, and SD loses to the bad teams they play and beat the good ones. Crazy baseball.

Brewers have been pretty hot as well as well as the reds. Cubs are a pitcher away imo, although davies has turned it on to give them a nice 1-2 with hendricks.

Best three NL teams in the West

keep waiting for the giants to fall off and they keep winning, except when they play the dodgers. Dodgers keep winning until they play SD, and SD loses to the bad teams they play and beat the good ones. Crazy baseball.

Brewers have been pretty hot as well as well as the reds. Cubs are a pitcher away imo, although davies has turned it on to give them a nice 1-2 with hendricks.
Luckily for SD shitty teams don't make the playoffs.

Reactions: Villian07
Going to keep this post to sports - the Trevor Bauer situation has some real impact to LA. I won't say they are coasting but they look pretty strong overall, but if he is off the team that's probably a big deal.

Reds win 3 of 4 in Milwaukee. Close gap to 4 games(3 in loss column). 48-42 into the break. Huge series again vs Brewers coming out of All-Star break.

ADVERTISEMENT