ADVERTISEMENT

OT - MLB Season Thread

Gd dodgers beating themselves.

esp roberts falling in love with the matchups. We have 3 starting pitchers and u bring one in the 8th inning last night, wtf. Shoulda brought in graterol to begin with and never pulled him for jansen. Granted seager HAS to at least keep that ball in front of him even if unable to field it cleanly. Geanted it was a piss rocket. Without errors and wild pitches we are likely up 2-0 instead of down 2-0.

i dont mind getting beat, i cant stand beating ourselves.

Orioles Reddit is high as fvck

FCUuzfoXsAMo1W8

Mount castle has a shot at ROY this year, Mullins was the only 30/30 player this year in mlb. Rutschman is the #1 prospect in baseball. The last 3 guys in that lineup are iffy as fvck. Top of that lineup though is good.
Shocking that a bandwagon Dodgers fan isn’t aware of players in the league.

I like the Orioles core, that division is and will continue to be brutal

Also their pitching being Means isn’t good. There’s a lot of solid arms in free agency this year, but I don’t expect them to be active in that market (for obvious reasons)

Reactions: bMORE607
Shocking that a bandwagon Dodgers fan isn’t aware of players in the league.

I like the Orioles core, that division is and will continue to be brutal

Also their pitching being Means isn’t good. There’s a lot of solid arms in free agency this year, but I don’t expect them to be active in that market (for obvious reasons)
Yea gotta hope Grayson and DL Hall pan out. Slide them in behind Means for a decent rotation. Plan is probably to trade a couple of our numerous outfielding prospects for another starting pitcher. Going to be interesting to see who they take with the #1 pick this year. Right now it looks like the top choices are infield guys which just so happens to be what we need.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
Hey there guy i dont know.

Ive been a dodgers fan all my life. Its not a bandwagon thing bc we have had a talented roster the last few years. My dad is a dodgers fan so as a child, i became a dodgers fan, same with the packers. So if that qualifies as bandwagon in your book just bc im not from wisconsin or LA then whatever. Up until recently we havent been very good over the years, but they were my team. Piazza was my fave player as a kid. Loved nomo as well. Also thought raul mondesi would be one of the greats after he won ROY. We had like 4-5 straight rookies of the year in the 90s but never any postseason success.

And yea sorry i dont know many of the baltimore orioles players. Hell i cant name many cubs players either (sans henricks) since yall traded away every good player yall had this year. How can u have an All star at every position in the infield sans 2nd and have to trade them all bc you cant even contend for 3rd in your own division lol. Hell i doubt many non cub fans can name very many of the the chicago cubs AAA squad they trotted out after the trade deadline.

sorry your team sucked ass this season. Need a new coach imo. Guess yall can start another century long rebuild maybe get back to relevancy in the 22nd century.

If i was a bandwagon fan of anything i wouldnt even visit this board, bc id have jumped off Louisvilles wagon long ago

Last edited:
Hey there guy i dont know.

Ive been a dodgers fan all my life. Its not a bandwagon thing bc we have had a talented roster the last few years. My dad is a dodgers fan so i became a dodgers fan, same with the packers. Sonif that qualifies as bandwagon in your book just bc im not from wisconsin or LA then whatever. Up until recently we havent been very good over the years, butni was still a fan. Piazza was my fave player as a kid. Loved nomo as well. Also thought raul mondesi would be one of the greats after he won ROY. We had like 4-5 straight rookies of the year in the 90s but never any postseason success.

And yea sorry i dont know many of the baltimore orioles players. Hell i cant name many cubs players either (sans henricks) since yall traded away every good player yall had this year. How can u have an All star at every position in the infield sans 2nd and have to trade them all bc you cant even contend for 3rd in your own division lol. Hell i doubt many non cub fans can name very many of the the chicago cubs AAA squad they trotted out after the trade deadline.

sorry your team sucked ass this season. Need a new coach imo. Guess yall can start another century long rebuild maybe get back to relevancy in the 22nd century.
Okay cool, you just don’t know shit about the current mlb. That’s chill too. People will make assumptions when you don’t know who Cedric Mullins is when he had a 30/30 season and will likely receive MVP votes. Not exactly a role player

And IRT the cubs, they clearly mismanaged their assets the last few years. The core had plateaued and it was beyond evident they were not going to re-sign with the team so they recouped as much value as they could at the deadline. They were first in the division up until the last week of June, but a lot of that was due to smoke and mirrors from the bullpen. It was a bad look from the front office, but that’s the reason Jason McCleod lost his job.

I think it’s hard to judge Ross as of yet. He won the division in the pandemic year, and didn’t lose the locker room in the half season when the org wanted to lose games. Their salary is going to be sitting around $70M post arbitration and I would be shocked if it’s below $150M by the start of next year. It’s hard to gauge how the team will look when we have no idea what the roster will look like. They’re not doing a full rebuild though.

Nice rebuttal. Im not gonna pretend to be a diehard mlb fan. I follow it the least of the sports i like besides the nba bc i dont have a favorite team in the nba. And rwally dont follow much at all until after the all star break besides checking the standings/scores every once in a while.

So yea i dont follow much in the AL at all, esp not the bottom feeders (no offens o’s fans) so yea i have no clue who that guy is that went 30/30 but hard to imagine anyone from a 100 loss team would garner many mvp votes but ive never claimed to be buster olney or any type of baseball aficionado.

Bandwagon fan is like a slur to me though lol had me triggered for sure.

Lets goooooo!!!! Can't believe this Braves made the world series. Hoping they can pull the upset and win it all.
Tough to watch from the otherside. Idk why in the world yall would send Jackson back out there lst night but damn maztek shut the door just as fast as jackson opened it. 2nd and 3rd no outs down two and three straight strikeouts, two being hofs pujols(i know past his prime but still cant K there) and mookie.

And i swear i cpuld kill the announcers talking about souza’s “power” when I’ve literally never seen him do ANYTHING but strikeout.

congrats and go beat houstons cheating ass.

Lets goooooo!!!! Can't believe this Braves made the world series. Hoping they can pull the upset and win it all.
Tough to watch from the otherside. Idk why in the world yall would send Jackson back out there lst night but damn maztek shut the door just as fast as jackson opened it. 2nd and 3rd no outs down two and three straight strikeouts, two being hofs pujols(i know past his prime but still cant K there) and mookie.

And i swear i cpuld kill the announcers talking about souza’s “power” when I’ve literally never seen him do ANYTHING but strikeout.

congrats and go beat houstons cheating ass.

Just popping in here to say **** Bob Castellini. I'll see yall in the HoB MLB thread

@olsonab;

Where are the Boogs posting now. Hadn't been to the JMU Purple aight in a while and saw where they've colonized elsewhere?

Where do I need to go to find them again. Always enjoyed their AU takes and troll game.

ADVERTISEMENT