ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Butler Requests Trade From MN

Do they not get along or does KAT not want to be kept in Minnesota stuck with only Wiggins?

I fully expect them to get rid of Butler. But , Butler is a Thibs guy and KAT isn't , was drafted by previous regime. I know that Thibs is trying to bring back as many of his old Bull's players that he can fit too. Would somewhere like the Lakers work a sign and trade for KAT?

I fully expect them to get rid of Butler. But , Butler is a Thibs guy and KAT isn't , was drafted by previous regime. I know that Thibs is trying to bring back as many of his old Bull's players that he can fit too. Would somewhere like the Lakers work a sign and trade for KAT?
I don't think ownership would let Thibs trade KAT over Jimmy, who is much older and has had his fair share of injuries.

At this point, I think the best move is to trade Butler for the best package you can get, ride out one more year with Thibs, then buy him out.

I don't think ownership would let Thibs trade KAT over Jimmy, who is much older and has had his fair share of injuries.

At this point, I think the best move is to trade Butler for the best package you can get, ride out one more year with Thibs, then buy him out.
Doesn't Thib's full autonamy over the organization outside of the owner? Also what if someone offered a strong package? I think the T Wolves would at least listen if it can't be worked out. Because I have a feeling KAT is gone by the end of his extension even if he does sign it.

Doesn't Thib's full autonamy over the organization outside of the owner? Also what if someone offered a strong package? I think the T Wolves would at least listen if it can't be worked out. Because I have a feeling KAT is gone by the end of his extension even if he does sign it.
Yeah, Thibs is POBO as well as the coach, but Glen Taylor has to sign off on any moves that he makes. I just highly doubt Taylor would even consider moving KAT in favor of a guy who turns 30 next year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, Thibs is POBO as well as the coach, but Glen Taylor has to sign off on any moves that he makes. I just highly doubt Taylor would even consider moving KAT in favor of a guy who turns 30 next year.
I agree , but what if some other franchise makes a great offer? What would the Lakers have to give up to get a guy like KAT? I would be willing to shop it around right now just in case until you get the Butler situation situated. I wonder where Wiggin's stands in all of this?

Can't be a good sign that Jimmy won't even come to Minnesota for the interview. I mean training camp starts in less than a week. This franchise is cursed. :eek:

Reactions: KisteK
did Butler also have problems with teammates in Chicago?
i think i read that somewhere

From what I’ve read, it sounds like Butler is upset that Wiggins and KAT are playing soft and not holding up thier own on defense.

Well, at least we ended our playoff drought. Hopefully it won't be another 14 years. RollLaughRollLaugh

I have a feeling he is gonna be a Clipper. Another guy that isn't stoked on playing with Lebron.

They were talking about it on ESPN Radio today. You have had Leonard camp express that Lakers are less appealing now and Butler's group saying same thing. Can't remember reporters name. I don't really blame them for that feeling. When you run with Lebron you are the #2 or #3 guy. When you win it's Lebron , but when you lose like in Cleveland you get viewed like Kevin love did. As the weak link of the star players on the team that is holding Lebron back.

Minny teammates are the perfect fall guy for JimBut.
Can say they play soft, can say he wants to win now...
But LAC, BKN, NYK...
He wants to be the man somewhere, not a man nowhere.

I think he could lead the Clippers to a 4 or 5 seed if they fill out the roster smartly. They have some nice complimentary veteran pieces. But, yeah, that's not exactly a "I want to win" list.

ADVERTISEMENT