ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Health Insurance

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
Anybody else straight up getting bent over on their premiums? I have a family of 3. I pay $1300/month with a 6000/12000 deductible. I haven't filed a claim for myself in 15 years. My wife uses it for prenatal and well woman visits. My 2 yr old got stitches and it cost $348 for 4 stitches---so I get to pay that on top of my premium. Literally highway robbery. I pay nearly 16k in premiums per year on top of paying for the first 6k per individual.

Anybody else straight up getting bent over on their premiums? I have a family of 3. I pay $1300/month with a 6000/12000 deductible. I haven't filed a claim for myself in 15 years. My wife uses it for prenatal and well woman visits. My 2 yr old got stitches and it cost $348 for 4 stitches---so I get to pay that on top of my premium. Literally highway robbery. I pay nearly 16k in premiums per year on top of paying for the first 6k per individual.
Write Obama and thank him.

Feel your pain. Getting bent over the barrel myself, and if they were to be kind enough to use Vaseline, they would charge for that too.
Self employed, so the “affordable” plan’s deductible is high like yours.

Oh, you’ve had the same coverage for 15 years? Nevermind.
Same carrier: BCBS. Premiums have skyrocketed, deductibles skyrocketed, coverage decreased. Its excessively expensive for literally no coverage unless I have some catastrophic event: Think cancer, or getting my head cut off.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Im thinking of joining one of those christian medishare plans or something. I think those plans do cap out at 150k/300k, but throwing 22k out the window every year doesn't seem tenable.

I haven’t been to a doctor even one time since the government forced me to have health insurance. Last year I was paying nearly twice as much as I was paying just 4 years before.
Just think if you had all those premiums in an account as a health savings plan---still your money, just saved. Facking blows my mind.

Since I know this forum is all into education and facts...

Since 2010, health care costs have increased between 3.5 percent to 5.8 percent a year. In the 10 years prior to that, they rose between 4.0 percent to 9.6 percent. Thanks a lot, Obama.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...premiums-will-increase-without-obamacare/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-jacked-up-your-companys-insurance-rates/amp/

Insurance companies only want to make money. When combined with the insane greed of a for-profit pharmaceutical industry and the insane greed of for-profit health care providers, and the basic need of all Americans for some protection for when we invariably need health care... well, prepare to get bent over for the rest of your life (unless, of course, health care stops becoming purely driven by the desire to make money.)

Sorry you are paying so much. I’m paying like nine grand a year more now than I was five years ago, and it sucks:( Stupid me... I should have gotten into health care or insurance... could have made a lot more money.

Laughing @ people blaming the Affordable Care Act for this. @TheDude1 already dropped the truth bomb: Obama slowed the rates health insurance costs were increasing. One of the few major issues I think he got right.

To the OP though, this is the effect have having peoples health insurance being a for-profit enterprise (and a lack of tort reform to a lesser extent as well).

Since 2010, health care costs have increased between 3.5 percent to 5.8 percent a year. In the 10 years prior to that, they rose between 4.0 percent to 9.6 percent. Thanks a lot, Obama.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...premiums-will-increase-without-obamacare/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-jacked-up-your-companys-insurance-rates/amp/

Insurance companies only want to make money. When combined with the insane greed of a for-profit pharmaceutical industry and the insane greed of for-profit health care providers, and the basic need of all Americans for some protection for when we invariably need health care... well, prepare to get bent over for the rest of your life (unless, of course, health care stops becoming purely driven by the desire to make money.)

Sorry you are paying so much. I’m paying like nine grand a year more now than I was five years ago, and it sucks:( Stupid me... I should have gotten into health care or insurance... could have made a lot more money.
IMO--its past the breaking point.

Same carrier: BCBS. Premiums have skyrocketed, deductibles skyrocketed, coverage decreased. Its excessively expensive for literally no coverage unless I have some catastrophic event: Think cancer, or getting my head cut off.

Are you on an old grandfathered plan or did you enroll in an ACA plan in recent years? Guessing an ACA plan with that deductible. If it’s a grandfathered plan, you should ditch it ASAP and get on the lowest premium ACA plan. Or one of the Christian plans you mentioned.

Laughing @ people blaming the Affordable Care Act for this. @TheDude1 already dropped the truth bomb: Obama slowed the rates health insurance costs were increasing. One of the few major issues I think he got right.
It didn't get better for me---it sky rocketed. Im way past the point of blaming the right or left----its an all politician/govt problem.

Are you on an old grandfathered plan or did you enroll in an ACA plan in recent years? Guessing an ACA plan with that deductible. If it’s a grandfathered plan, you should ditch it ASAP and get on the lowest premium ACA plan. Or one of the Christian plans you mentioned.
BCBS said I had to re-enroll off the ACA plan. its the silver plan.

Wrong fvck stick.
Care to cite a source, you ignoramus? TheDude1 has already cited one that proves my point.

I deal in facts, not the feelings of some dumbass (edited to be slighlty less offensive) from Iowa.

The above is a fact. Sorry if it hurts your snowflake, partisan feelings.

Reactions: UL_1986
Just think if you had all those premiums in an account as a health savings plan---still your money, just saved. Facking blows my mind.
All those premiums added up are several vacations back to Bora Bora, my friend. Oh well.

I jokingly tell my wife that if I don’t get cancer then this health insurance thing is a rip-off.

Reactions: toonces11
All those premiums added up are several vacations back to Bora Bora, my friend. Oh well.

I jokingly tell my wife that if I don’t get cancer then this health insurance thing is a rip-off.
Just got an email from a travel company for the four seasons there-maybe we should roll the dice and dump our premiums into french polynesia

Care to cite a source, you ignoramus? TheDude1 has already cited one that proves my point.

I deal in facts, not the feelings of some inbred from Iowa.

One basised source. Yep, thats it. Thats a wrap folks.

Don't speak to me about what you don't know. Trying to help the OP.

You are a political Jack bag hack.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
One basised source. Yep, thats it. Thats a wrap folks.

Don't speak to me about what you don't know. Trying to help the OP.

You are a political Jack bag hack.
Biased source? Dude they are statistics that are easily looked up.

One source that can be checked and verified vs your feelings. I think I'll go with the facts.

And Laughing @ you acting like I'm Obama supporter. Did you even read my entire intial post? Good lord you are functionally ******ed.

Reactions: UL_1986 and kl40504
It didn't get better for me---it sky rocketed. Im way past the point of blaming the right or left----its an all politician/govt problem.

Any analysis you look at shows that the increase would’ve been much larger without the affordable care act. I know some people who are obsessed with the politics will have a hard time accepting that, but…

And there is no breaking point. There will never be a breaking point. The insurance companies will continue to **** us out of every penny they can, and everything that is designed to enable that, like our healthcare provider system, will keep it going. As long as every element of your well-being is governed by people trying to make money, you will pay more and more and more and more. For profit systems don’t change unless they must in order to stay profitable , and human beings will pay almost anything to stay alive.

Reactions: Global Havok
Biased source? Dude they are statistics that are easily looked up.

One source that can be checked and verified vs your feelings. I think I'll go with the facts.

And Laughing @ you acting like I'm Obama supporter. Did you even read my entire intial post? Good lord you are functionally ******ed.

I have no time to explain to you how it works.

Beat it shit stick.

Any analysis you look at shows that the increase would’ve been much larger without the affordable care act. I know some people who are obsessed with the politics will have a hard time accepting that, but…

And there is no breaking point. There will never be a breaking point. The insurance companies will continue to **** us out of every penny they can, and everything that is designed to enable that, like our healthcare provider system, will keep it going. As long as every element of your well-being is governed by people trying to make money, you will pay more and more and more and more. For profit systems don’t change unless they must in order to stay profitable , and human beings will pay almost anything to stay alive.
But hawkit3113's feelings disagree with your facts (apparently reality is biased). Therefore, you are wrong! Checkmate you filthy lib!!!!

The ACA was a great idea, in theory, it was just rolled out incorrectly and forced premiums up while watching providers pull out of the market.

It did help cap profits vs claim payment, for all 2 providers left in your state, lol.

People are stuck with high deductibles and premiums.

Make premiums tax dedeuctble and you will solve this issue.

"I can't prove a thing you've said wrong, so I'll call you names." Pathetic.

You dude, you are blowing one poster that simply typed, "how did Obama care help premiums".

Now all you have to do is Google the opposite, you cuck. Lol

I would be more than happy to link them, but I am on my phone.

I am very familiar with health insurance and have been for 15 years. As a financial advisor, i use to sell a shit ton of it.

Obama care caused the large increase. I have inside information from a confidential source.

It's not even worth arguing with the dude. It's like he can't accept reality because somebody he doesn't like instituted the policy.

Who said I didn't like it?

I love the idea, not how it was implemented. It can work.

Who wouldn't like the idea of accountability?

Who said I didn't like it?

I love the idea, not how it was implemented. It can work.

Who wouldn't like the idea of accountability?
I didn't say you didn't like it. I said you don't like Obama. Which was made obvious when you started cussing at me for stating that his policy slowed down the rate at which Health insurance costs were increasing, which is a fact and not up for debate.

I didn't say you didn't like it. I said you don't like Obama. Which was made obvious when you started cussing at me for stating that his policy slowed down the rate at which Health insurance costs were increasing, which is a fact and not up for debate.

I started cussing because the OP needs help and now it's a health care debate.

Also, I voted for the guy, twice. So there is that.

I started cussong because the OP needs help and now it's a health care debate.

Also, I voted for the guy, twice. So there is that.
You cussed at me because you couldn't refute what I said and you disagreed with it anyway. Have a nice day.

You cussed at me because you couldn't refute what I said and you disagreed with it anyway. Have a nice day.

I always loved the guy that would read one WSJ article then come in and try to out smart me. Lol. You are him

You can still open one. I would start there.

Also, states are looking at letting trade and professionals organizations form there own groups. You might want to look into that.
What are the advantages to that...Is it a tax advantage? Do I drop my own BCBS?

ADVERTISEMENT