ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Credit problems and need advice

unc1012

Feb 16, 2018
I'm so upset and I feel like my world is crashing around me. My husband left me a few months ago. We always kept our finances separate. For the past 5 years, I've been working as a barista at Starbucks. I love the job, but it doesn't pay enough to support my lifestyle.

To cut to the chase, I have over $200,000 in credit card debt across a few dozen cards. I can't even begin to afford to pay the interest each month. Creditors are calling me 24 x 7.

What is the right answer here? Should I declare personal bankruptcy and start over.

I'm so upset and I feel like my world is crashing around me. My husband left me a few months ago. We always kept our finances separate. For the past 5 years, I've been working as a barista at Starbucks. I love the job, but it doesn't pay enough to support my lifestyle.

To cut to the chase, I have over $200,000 in credit card debt across a few dozen cards. I can't even begin to afford to pay the interest each month. Creditors are calling me 24 x 7.

What is the right answer here? Should I declare personal bankruptcy and start over.
You are bankrupt. Take the protection and rebuild your life. Never get another credit card.

That is the only advise I have.

2eg895.gif

Hahaha this has to be fake. Any Starbucks barista that spent $200,000 and put themselves in that type of credit card debt is an incredibly irresponsible person, living far beyond their means and societal class.

If by some chance that this is real... My advice to you would be to look in the mirror and say "I am not a movie star, no matter how much I want to pretend I am"... Then stop living like one.

Also, if you aren't working at least 90-100 hours in a week to fix your problem, you're not really trying... There 168 hours per week. A healthy human being can function easily on 7 hours of sleep per night.

7x7=49
168-49=119
119-100=19

Work three jobs, seven days a week for one full year. One full time day job where you work 8-4. One night time job where you work 5-9, and one weekend job that you work 12-14 hour shifts (like waitressing, where there are tips).

At 100 hours of work per week you won't have any free time to spend your money. Consolidate your credit debt as much as possible, disappear off the map for a year, eliminate all unneccessary expenses, eat cheap but healthy choices that will keep you from getting sick. Everytime money goes into your account send it to a creditor before you have the chance to spend it. In a year's time you'll cut your debt in half. You'll hate it. There is no question that it's going to suck, but you'll make it.

Hahaha this has to be fake. Any Starbucks barista that spent $200,000 and put themselves in that type of credit card debt is an incredibly irresponsible person, living far beyond their means and societal class.

If by some chance that this is real... My advice to you would be to look in the mirror and say "I am not a movie star, no matter how much I want to pretend I am"... Then stop living like one.

Also, if you aren't working at least 90-100 hours in a week to fix your problem, you're not really trying... There 168 hours per week. A healthy human being can function easily on 7 hours of sleep per night.

7x7=49
168-49=119
119-100=19

Work three jobs, seven days a week for one full year. One full time day job where you work 8-4. One night time job where you work 5-9, and one weekend job that you work 12-14 hour shifts (like waitressing, where there are tips).

At 100 hours of work per week you won't have any free time to spend your money. Consolidate your credit debt as much as possible, disappear off the map for a year, eliminate all unneccessary expenses, eat cheap but healthy choices that will keep you from getting sick. Everytime money goes into your account send it to a creditor before you have the chance to spend it. In a year's time you'll cut your debt in half. You'll hate it. There is no question that it's going to suck, but you'll make it.

All of his threads are fake

No. You should take a bath with a toaster.

Last edited:
OP If this is real and you’re telling the truth then the best advice that anyone could give you would be to stop spending so much damn money on shit that you don’t need and pay off all of your credit cards then once you get all of them paid off NEVER EVER apply for another credit card as long as you live because you’re obviously not responsible enough to have a credit card much less a few dozen credit cards, not to mention wtf do you even need that damn many credit card for?.

Last edited:
Try to be a back page girl.
They shut that shit down a few months back. This reminds me of the episode of Married With Children , where Peg actually wants to get a job to make money. Only issue is she becomes the TV sitcom equivalent of a Mary Kay sales person. Only to be so stupid to buy her own product with Al's money so she can get commission checks for the sales.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT