ADVERTISEMENT

OT/College Baseball

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Any of you keep up with College small ball? Got anything on your team? What do you think your strengths will be?

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
You definitely love the SEC @della . Louisville is preseason top 10 again, I could care less about where the ACC team’s other than Louisville are ranked.
I love Tennessee, but I was telling a bammer that the conference was going to he hard.

You definitely love the SEC @della . Louisville is preseason top 10 again, I could care less about where the ACC team’s other than Louisville are ranked.

I agree. I'm a UNC fan and the I way I see it, some are pumping up the teams that they don't like. As for the baseball team UNC is 12th in the ESPN rankings.

This is FSU’s first season without a Martin as head man in like 40 years. The program had grown extremely stale and quite honestly turned me off from following. So I really don’t know much about how we’ve been the last few years other than the typical “win some early games and choke late” mantra under Martin.

Bringing in Link Jarrett as head coach has me excited and I think I’m gonna try to go to 3-5 games this year. From what I’ve heard, our freshmen class should be solid and I think we return some decent pitching.

This is FSU’s first season without a Martin as head man in like 40 years. The program had grown extremely stale and quite honestly turned me off from following. So I really don’t know much about how we’ve been the last few years other than the typical “win some early games and choke late” mantra under Martin.

Bringing in Link Jarrett as head coach has me excited and I think I’m gonna try to go to 3-5 games this year. From what I’ve heard, our freshmen class should be solid and I think we return some decent pitching.
He is one of your sons. He had ND at a high level last year. This is good news for FSU.

Reactions: GE Nole
I expect to be decent, with an outside shot at Omaha. Next year’s recruiting class is interesting…

74860-D62-CAF8-4-E74-9-E6-C-7-FD7-DFE7-F2-E7.png

Collegiate Baseball's 2023 DI preseason baseball rankings

RANKTEAM (2022 RECORD)POINTS
1Louisiana St. (40-22)498
2Florida (42-24)495
3Stanford (47-18)491
4Texas A&M (44-20)489
5Tennessee (57-9)485
6Louisville (42-21-1)482
7Arkansas (46-21)479
8Miami, Fla. (40-20)476
9Vanderbilt (39-23)475
10Wake Forest (41-19-1)472
11North Carolina (44-22)470
12Oklahoma St. (42-22)467
13UCLA (40-24)465
14U.C. Santa Barbara (44-14)463
15Texas Christian (38-22)460
16Virginia (39-19)457
17Texas Tech. (39-22)454
18Southern Miss. (47-19)452
19Oregon (36-25)450
20East Carolina (46-21)449
21Maryland (48-14)447
22Mississippi St. (26-30)444
23Georgia Tech. (36-24)440
24Mississippi (42-23)438
25Texas (47-22)435

Texas is rebuilding.

Would be surprised if they host a regional.

Texas will have high expectations and shit the bed like we have recently.
"we"?

How has Texas shit the bed recently? All that matters is getting to Omaha.

Texas is rebuilding.

Would be surprised if they host a regional.

"we"?

How has Texas shit the bed recently? All that matters is getting to Omaha.
When you lose the CWS at Texas, it's not celebrated. Expectations were high last year and they didn't meet them. However losing your ace will not help the cause as last year proved.

Tennessee plays Arizona tonight!

Tennessee got their ass beat out west, losing to Zona and Grand Canyon. An auspicious start.😕

Last edited:
UVA not very patriotic the way they treated Navy the other day…24-5 beatdown

UVA could have put up 30+ on Harvard yesterday if Tiffany didn’t call off the dogs early. It was 20-8 at half lol
Shocked to see a twenty piece before half! Seems like you guys are the early favorites to win the Natty-MD did take down Cuse yesterday.

Reactions: jhmossy
Tennessee finally got on track to win their Sunday game against San Diego.

Vitello seems like quite the shady character, @della 🤔 Tampering = no bueno.

• Wow
Reactions: della
Vitello seems like quite the shady character, @della 🤔 Tampering = no bueno.

"Coach Vitello has acknowledged his mistake and accepted full responsibility," Tennessee said in a statement. "We appreciate his cooperation in the process and his dedication to do right by the student-athletes in the Tennessee baseball program."

To error is human, but to lie about it is cheating. Thank goodness we have a great coach that is human.

Btw, good job putting this in the baseball thread. 🙂

"Coach Vitello has acknowledged his mistake and accepted full responsibility," Tennessee said in a statement. "We appreciate his cooperation in the process and his dedication to do right by the student-athletes in the Tennessee baseball program."

To error is human, but to lie about it is cheating. Thank goodness we have a great coach that is human.

Btw, good job putting this in the baseball thread. 🙂
Admitting guilt AFTER being busted is not some noble gesture. He just decided not to dig his hole any deeper. It sounds like he was presented with facts, knew he was busted, and didn't try to lie his way out of it like another former UT coach. 😁

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Admitting guilt AFTER being busted is not some noble gesture. He just decided not to dig his hole any deeper. It sounds like he was presented with facts, knew he was busted, and didn't try to lie his way out of it like another former UT coach. 😁
Just cool your jets Kev, we ain't bammers. No one was killed and all the foliage is still healthy.

At least this one didn't involve a barbecue

Or did it? I didn’t read it, I saw the words "Tennessee" and "cheating" and figured they were just competing with Louisville for the title.

They aren't Alabama, but they "have weapons". 🤣

JK Della, JK

At least this one didn't involve a barbecue

Or did it? I didn’t read it, I saw the words "Tennessee" and "cheating" and figured they were just competing with Louisville for the title.

They aren't Alabama, but they "have weapons". 🤣

JK Della, JK
I think this comes down to the coach making a mistake.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT