ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best concert you have attended

JL-23

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2011
Since nothing else is going on, best concert you have attended? Mine was probably Backstreet Boys in Louisville this past year. 2nd would have to be Waka Flocka in Lexington last summer. S**t was hype!

November 1987. The Cult at Brixton Academy in London. Cult’s Electric album was popular here that year. Went to visit my buddy who was doing junior year in London. Walking down the street and saw a poster that said The Cult. Live Tonight Only. I’ve seen many great bands over the years but that show was awesome.

Don't laugh....But Garth Brooks. That dude puts on a show. Also, REO Speedwagon.
Maaannnn I love me some Gath Brooks! Hoping to catch him in Cincinnati if all this virus stuff dies down. Heard his concerts are crazy!

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Only been to three. Two were rock concerts (Im not a big rock fan). My favorite was Lil Wayne and the St. Lunatics (w/Nelly) 2007. Lil Wayne was actually really good back then. Now he sucks.

Maaannnn I love me some Gath Brooks! Hoping to catch him in Cincinnati if all this virus stuff dies down. Heard his concerts are crazy!
First time I saw him, I was a frshman in college. My g/f won tickets by throwing a cowboy hat, into a grocery cart. Concert was at Roberts Stadium(Evansville). Great show.

I was suppose to go with my brother to Garth Brooks this year. Show has been postponed. Guess I'll still go if they reschedule.

Bill Self and Garth Brooks were friends and dorm mates at Oklahoma St. Self said that he used to watch him play all the time at the local saloon. Said he played all the popular stuff of the time but never country.

Apparently he remade himself in Nashville (poser).

Bill Self and Garth Brooks were friends and dorm mates at Oklahoma St. Self said that he used to watch him play all the time at the local saloon. Said he played all the popular stuff of the time but never country.

His roommate at Oklahoma State was another country singer named Ty England and he was part of Garth Brooks road band for awhile after Garth Brooks got a record deal.

Hodag 2012. My God what a wild 4 days that was.

35th Annual
July 12-15, 2012

Jake Owen
Ashton Shepherd
Craig Morgan
Trace Adkins
Katie Armiger
JT Hodges
Randy Houser
Lee Greenwood
Justin Moore
Eric Church
Hunter Hayes
Jerrod Niemann
Jo Dee Messina
Chris Young
Neal McCoy

WeFest 2015 has a crazy lineup but I wasn’t as big of an alcoholic so I didn’t get quite as drunk.

Thursday
Maiden Dixie
Logan Mize
Big & Rich
Hank Williams, Jr. and the Flatts
Rascal Flatts – Headliner

Friday
Randy Rogers Band
Eric Paslay
Tyler Farr
Dierks Bentley
Miranda Lambert – Headliner

Saturday
Swon Brothers
Colt Ford
Eli Young Band
Jake Owen
Blake Shelton – Headliner

Warped Tour used to have a massive collection of some of my favorite bands and I loved that atmosphere of going next stage to stage.

Best rock concert though was in 2008:

Escape the Fate
Chiodos
Silverstein
A Skylit Drive

Best rap concert is tough. None have blown me away. Bone Thugs in Harmony is my favorite rap group but live it triggered me that Krazyie Bone doesn’t even pretend to rap. Still fun though.

Last edited:
Garth Brooks - Rupp Arena - 1997. He's also going to be the first show at Allegiant Stadium in Vegas this August (if the Rona doesn't kill us all by then).

Garth puts on a good show, but this is kind of how I've always viewed him. He doesn't come off as a "country boy" like most of these other country artists do. At least to me. That said, he's got some really good songs that I will always love.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Eagles are bad ass
They truly are an amazing group. There was a quote I once heard from one of them on the documentary they did, titled "History of the Eagles: An American Band" along the lines of "Some bands do enough to become a band of their time, but if you do everything the right way, you become a band for all time." And that is truly how I view them. There are artists and bands out there that truly surpass generations. The Eagles are one of them.

You will appreciate this, borden. I've told this story before on here, but this was the last concert I got to see with my mom before she got sick with cancer. It just so happen to be one of our all time favorite bands, at our all time favorite place in the whole world. Rupp Arena. I bleed blue because of her, and I just thank god that I had that chance with my mom and I will always have that memory.

BTW, that documentary is MONEY on the band. One of my favorite docs of all time, if you ever have time to watch it.

McCartney is very much up there at the top for me. Also Eagles, while Frey was still alive was a great show.

Pearl Jam Lolla 2007 is up there for me. Eddie inviting people onstage and Dennis Rodman putting Eddie on his shoulders during "Rockin' in the Free World" is one of my all-time favorite concert moments.

Rage Against the Machine is probably the most memorable because of the energy and crowd atmosphere. I still to this day have not been to a show like that. Lupe Fiasco was on before them and as soon as Lupe was over the crowd piled in and took a turn. I will never forget a group of 5-6 girls who were up close for Lupe and were crying as they were trying to get out of the crowd. Zach stopped mid song twice to tell the crowd to calm down. It was wild.

I have seen Dave Matthews Band way too many times, so I could throw some great show moments in there as well

They truly are an amazing group. There was a quote I once heard from one of them on the documentary they did, titled "History of the Eagles: An American Band" along the lines of "Some bands do enough to become a band of their time, but if you do everything the right way, you become a band for all time." And that is truly how I view them. There are artists and bands out there that truly surpass generations. The Eagles are one of them.

You will appreciate this, borden. I've told this story before on here, but this was the last concert I got to see with my mom before she got sick with cancer. It just so happen to be one of our all time favorite bands, at our all time favorite place in the whole world. Rupp Arena. I bleed blue because of her, and I just thank god that I had that chance with my mom and I will always have that memory.

BTW, that documentary is MONEY on the band. One of my favorite docs of all time, if you ever have time to watch it.

It's my mom's favorite band as well. I love 60's, 70's, and 80's music because of her.

Reactions: JimboBBN
This is truly an impossible thing for me to pick just one. I’ve been to dozens of concerts not including just local shows. Hippy flipping at Beastie Boys/Tribe Called Quest at Kemper in 98 and Tool in Boulder around 2002 come to mind. Booming at Sandstone seeing Phish in 2003. Whiskey stomping while seeing Clutch at ACL in 2009. Got kicked out and snuck back into Nine Inch Nails in Dallas around 2005. Even my first concert ever in 1988 to see the Bangles was a memorable experience. I’ve enjoyed them all.

Even my first concert ever in 1988 to see the Bangles was a memorable experience. I’ve enjoyed them all.

I am with you one this. My first show was Matchbox 20, Everclear and Lifehouse at Conseco Fieldhouse. From Rush to Aerosmith to Leon Bridges to Carly Rae Jepsen (took my wife last year and had a great time) live music has and will continue to play an important part in my life.

I tried to make a list of all the shows I have seen, but it became way too difficult. One of those things where I should have kept my stubs.

I've seen several bands that I never expected to see. The Pogues, Jesus and Mary Chain and Replacements all had reunion tours in the last several years. Pogues only played a few US shows; luckily one was in KC. Lead man was still the same drunk he's always been. Had to be helped to the mic stand and fell on his ass once or twice.

The Old 97s show I saw recently was awesome. Animal Collective, Shins, Guided By Voices, and Weezer/Pixies were great.

Reactions: UL_1986
I've seen several bands that I never expected to see. The Pogues, Jesus and Mary Chain and Replacements all had reunion tours in the last several years. Pogues only played a few US shows; luckily one was in KC. Lead man was still the same drunk he's always been. Had to be helped to the mic stand and fell on his ass once or twice.

The Old 97s show I saw recently was awesome. Animal Collective, Shins, Guided By Voices, and Weezer/Pixies were great.
Nice. I love the Jesus and Mary chain and the replacements. Animal collective and the Pixies are so good too. Def some of my favorites.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
This is truly an impossible thing for me to pick just one. I’ve been to dozens of concerts not including just local shows. Hippy flipping at Beastie Boys/Tribe Called Quest at Kemper in 98 and Tool in Boulder around 2002 come to mind. Booming at Sandstone seeing Phish in 2003. Whiskey stomping while seeing Clutch at ACL in 2009. Got kicked out and snuck back into Nine Inch Nails in Dallas around 2005. Even my first concert ever in 1988 to see the Bangles was a memorable experience. I’ve enjoyed them all.
Would have loved to see the Beastie Boys and Tribe.

I’ve seen Neil Young a bunch. With CSN, Crazy Horse and solo. His solo show I did see, ranks up there with any live music I’ve ever seen.
I’m jealous. I’ve only seen him once, and it was by far one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The dude is a legend, and his voice and playing never fade like some. One of the best.

Reactions: denniden
Nice. I love the Jesus and Mary chain and the replacements. Animal collective and the Pixies are so good too. Def some of my favorites.

All were really good, even though some were 30 years past their prime.

Replacements fit the stereotype. Alternated between the greatest live band and the worst in the same show. Jesus and Mary Chain was probably as good as any show I've seen.

All were really good, even though some were 30 years past their prime.

Replacements fit the stereotype. Alternated between the greatest live band and the worst in the same show. Jesus and Mary Chain was probably as good as any show I've seen.
Did you see J & M chain live within this past decade?

I’ve been to several concerts over the years and I’ve seen everybody from Garth Brooks to Bon Jovi to Nelly and I’d have to say Nelly put on one hell of a show!

First time I saw him, I was a frshman in college. My g/f won tickets by throwing a cowboy hat, into a grocery cart. Concert was at Roberts Stadium(Evansville). Great show.

I worked in Evansville years ago. I was about 3 minutes from Roberts Stadium. I didn’t go but when I was there I’m pretty sure Snoop Dogg was coming in for a show.

It's my mom's favorite band as well. I love 60's, 70's, and 80's music because of her.

Same here. Growing up my mom was always playing the Beatles and I guess I just learned to love them. Actually seen John Lennon’s son in concert in Nashville years ago at Starwood before it was tore down. I love the Beatles.

Also, watching the movie “ La Bamba“ made me like older songs as well. Buddy Holly, Richie Valens...they have some good music!

Tough to pick one of twenty-plus Pearl Jam shows I’ve seen, but probably The Vic in 2007 because you don’t see a band like that in as intimate a setting as that very often.

Saw the Grateful Dead’s second to last show, and passed on what would be their final show. Who could’ve known? So, that has to be up there.

Michael Franti at Red Rocks was pretty unreal the last two years, too, due partly to the venue. But his shows are awesome no matter where they are.

Like schooner said, it’s impossible to pick just one.

Reactions: denniden
ADVERTISEMENT