ADVERTISEMENT

OT Baker

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
@JimboBBN

how u feeling about the new qb.

i still think Teddy is the best qb yall have had since Cam. But not like hes a top 10-15 playoff winning qb either.

Idk i just cant see wtf the panthers are doing. I mean u already got mentally fragile sam darnold who turns the ball over way too much, at least he has nfl size and natural talent. Now u trade for metally fragile baker who throws way too many picks and is small and doesnt have a cannon arm. That qb comp is gonna be like the special olympics.

I'm also a Panther fan and I figure the QB room has improved with Baker. Darnold was doing ok till McCaffery got hurt and from there the OL was decimated with injuries. And Baker wasn't a 100% either and he had an ok season so we shall see. Carolina's first game is against Cleveland in Charlotte so there's going to be a lot of hype leading up to it.

Reactions: dtgold88
@JimboBBN

how u feeling about the new qb.

i still think Teddy is the best qb yall have had since Cam. But not like hes a top 10-15 playoff winning qb either.

Idk i just cant see wtf the panthers are doing. I mean u already got mentally fragile sam darnold who turns the ball over way too much, at least he has nfl size and natural talent. Now u trade for metally fragile baker who throws way too many picks and is small and doesnt have a cannon arm. That qb comp is gonna be like the special olympics.
We are a flat out bad franchise my man. This is a very Panthers-esque trade. I think you could also argue we are currently the biggest mess in the NFL.

Here’s the deal. Teddy was bad. Sam was bad. And Baker will probably be bad. QB purgatory at its finest. We had a chance this season to play with Sam (and most likely end up with a top five pick all the while firing our horrible coach) but for whatever reason the team decided Baker was the move. Bottom line, this is long term a horrible move by the Panthers. Could have started fresh with a new QB and new coach in 23. Now we probably end up around .500 and neither happens.

Our roster isn’t terrible. Any average QB would have us in the playoff hunt.

Panthers now have the two QBs with the most INTs since 2018 on their roster

jacksparrow-jack_sparrow.gif

We are a flat out bad franchise my man. This is a very Panthers-esque trade. I think you could also argue we are currently the biggest mess in the NFL.

Here’s the deal. Teddy was bad. Sam was bad. And Baker will probably be bad. QB purgatory at its finest. We had a chance this season to play with Sam (and most likely end up with a top five pick all the while firing our horrible coach) but for whatever reason the team decided Baker was the move. Bottom line, this is long term a horrible move by the Panthers. Could have started fresh with a new QB and new coach in 23. Now we probably end up around .500 and neither happens.

Our roster isn’t terrible. Any average QB would have us in the playoff hunt.
Might be a bad franchise but not sure how this move contributes to that. Got a starting QB for around $5 mil and a mid-late round pick. Baker has been average or better in 2 of 4 seasons.....2 of 3 healthy seasons. If you think avg. QB play gets you to the playoffs it could happen.

Now I can agree I'd rather bottom out than win, say, 6-9 games.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Baker is batter then Teddy. He played hurt all year last year and the organization treated him like shit.
treated him like shit? I mean, he was told he's the guy UNLESS they find a top tier QB. Found what they consider a top tier QB so moved on.

Agree he's better than TB if healthy. Probably a lot better.

treated him like shit? I mean, he was told he's the guy UNLESS they find a top tier QB. Found what they consider a top tier QB so moved on.

Agree he's better than TB if healthy. Probably a lot better.
Browns organization is ass bro. Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you on that one.

Cool....how'd they treat Baker like shit?
He played hurt all year. Nobody in that organization was like we’re not a playoff team, shut him down for the year. You guys just kept trotting his broken ass out there to take even more abuse. And then at the end of the season you guys were like eh your not that good we’re probably going to move on if we get the option.

He played hurt all year. Nobody in that organization was like we’re not a playoff team, shut him down for the year. You guys just kept trotting his broken ass out there to take even more abuse. And then at the end of the season you guys were like eh your not that good we’re probably going to move on if we get the option.
Let me explain how this happens on pretty much every team, especially a starting QB
Player is cleared by team doc, his own doc and player says he wants to play? Player plays.

Then at the end of the season teams try to improve all over the roster and if they are able they will. Likely if no Watson available Baker remains a Brown for at least another season.

Let me explain how this happens on pretty much every team, especially a starting QB
Player is cleared by team doc, his own doc and player says he wants to play? Player plays.

Then at the end of the season teams try to improve all over the roster and if they are able they will. Likely if no Watson available Baker remains a Brown for at least another season.
That’s not what happens for starting QBs and the face of your franchise. For fvcks sake is everybody in Ohio rehtarded? Most franchises when dealing with a Qb injury in a lost year don’t risk their franchise Qb to win meaningless games.

Might be a bad franchise but not sure how this move contributes to that. Got a starting QB for around $5 mil and a mid-late round pick. Baker has been average or better in 2 of 4 seasons.....2 of 3 healthy seasons. If you think avg. QB play gets you to the playoffs it could happen.

Now I can agree I'd rather bottom out than win, say, 6-9 games.
Bottom line is he’s not the long term answer. He’s not a very good QB.

That’s not what happens for starting QBs and the face of your franchise. For fvcks sake is everybody in Ohio rehtarded?
Please tell me the team where the starting QB was cleared by team docs, his own docs and wanted to play but the team held him out when conclusion by docs was playing wont worsen the injury.

Bottom line is he’s not the long term answer. He’s not a very good QB.
That would be my guess, too, but low risk for Carolina to find out. Guy was good to really good in 2 of his 3 healthy seasons.

I wouldn't buy all the drama being reported here if that's a concern of yours.

Last edited:
Ravens shut down Lamar.
Feel free to show where team docs and his own docs cleared him to play and said he could risk no further injury by playing.

In addition, LJ did not practice most or all of the week while Baker could practice (other than the Covid week)

Try again.

Feel free to show where team docs and his own docs cleared him to play and said he could risk no further injury by playing.

In addition, LJ did not practice most or all of the week while Baker could practice (other than the Covid week)

Try again.
You treated the 1 Qb who actually won you a playoff game like shit. Those are the facts.

You treated the 1 Qb who actually won you a playoff game like shit. Those are the facts.
By "treated him like shit" you mean told him exactly what the plan was and followed through on that plan?

Or was it treating him like shit when he was cleared to play by even his own doc, said he's playing then played him?

Guilty, I guess?

Hey, it's not like they dumped him after he won the SB or something.

ADVERTISEMENT