ADVERTISEMENT

OT--Anyone else allergic to bees? I just got back from ER...

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Was supposed to umpire today. I go out to our van that we haven't drove in a while, to look for my old chest prtotector. When I opened the door, apparently I disturbed some nasty ass wasp//

BAM!! Got me on my ****ing achilles. Just one got me---I ran like a deer. Mutherfcuk did it hurt.

Anyways---I survived. 😁 .

Now, its time for payback..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Man, that’s really allergic. Glad it all went okay.

I’m thankfully not allergic.

Reactions: KisteK
No. I've only been stung twice. One was a yellow jacket when I was mowing. One was some sort of wood wasp that got me in the neck. Didn't think either were that bad tbh.

Allergic reactions are no joke though.

Not allergic and good thing to. Had an Uncle and Aunt that had beehives and 7 year old me thought it would be a good idea to hit them with a stick. Got stung a bunch, my Mom and Aunt heard me and ended up beating the hell of of me with their flipflops.

I have a severe allergy. Hence the title---"Anyone else ALLERGIC to bee stings"?
I have a friend who is bad allergic to anything with a stinger, wasp, bee, yellow jacket, sweat bee, it dont matter, itll close his throat, gotta keep a pen around in the spring/summer. Its pretty crazy how diff things effect diff people.

No. I've only been stung twice. One was a yellow jacket when I was mowing. One was some sort of wood wasp that got me in the neck. Didn't think either were that bad tbh.

Youve only been stung twice in your entire life? ive been stung twice by the same damn wasp. I get stung all the time, but i also work outside on a farm or used to anyways. Thats pretty impressive awareness or u live up north or sonethinng. Ive been stung more than twice inside of houses. I get busted a ton mowing or bushhogging tho smh. Thankfully not allergic.

One time this wasp came out of a nest in a gate and stung my mechanic and i was laughinf at his old ass and the mother fukin wasp flew straight over and stung me right in the forehead lol.

Nope....Doctor did say he immediately knew I had some prblems, but felt comfortable no shock would come of it---Simply b/c my BP went up, instrad of down. Pain was immense...itching, a little breathing issues. HR was high. SOme sweating. Gave me 50CC's of Benadryl---kept me for about 2 hours. Told me my allergy to stings probably isn't as severe as it used to be. But still, my reaction was abnormal for a wasp sting.

I know this---most painful sting ever. Mutherfuker hurt.

Youve only been stung twice in your entire life? ive been stung twice by the same damn wasp. I get stung all the time, but i also work outside on a farm or used to anyways. Thats pretty impressive awareness or u live up north or sonethinng. Ive been stung more than twice inside of houses. I get busted a ton mowing or bushhogging tho smh. Thankfully not allergic.

One time this wasp came out of a nest in a gate and stung my mechanic and i was laughinf at his old ass and the mother fukin wasp flew straight over and stung me right in the forehead lol.
Wasp are nasty muther****ers...They'll **** you up.

Reactions: Villian07

Yeah, it's weird. Grew up in the southeast and playing outside all the time but my brother was always the one who got stung for some reason. Also worked construction laying pipe for many summers for some extra money. Wasps, bees, etc... always got someone else. I just swipe them out of the way when I see them now since I know they won't f with me.

Yeah, it's weird. Grew up in the southeast and playing outside all the time but my brother was always the one who got stung for some reason. Also worked construction laying pipe for many summers for some extra money. Wasps, bees, etc... always got someone else. I just swipe them out of the way when I see them now since I know they won't f with me.
You must be living right brother, thats damn near a super power imo.

So what you are saying is----You have the "Jimbo" effect? 😁

My husband works all summer (50+ hours/wk), his busy season, so I've always been the wasp wrangler in my family.

We are bee-friendly here, and my boys knew how to pet bees before they were old enough to form memories, but we do not tolerate wasps.

My youngest believes (or at least brags) that wasps are afraid of me. I overheard him telling my nephew that a few weeks back (after I had destroyed a beginner nest in his clubhouse doorway. Days later it was reported that they had come back, so I went to knock it down again, only I never found it).
Little guy thinks when they saw me coming, they picked up and left.
🤣🤣😅😅

Had to pretend to cough bc I busted up trying to stifle the laughter

Glad you're alright, Borden!
We're lucky to have no srs allergies with bees/hornets in our home, but I do have friends and family that have to be on high alert for (over) half the year.
Boo all that

I haven't been stung by anything in a number of years. Hell, probably close to 15 or 20. Kinda like Cory said, they just never seem to bother me. If they buzz around my head, I will just swat them down and step on them or they will fly away. Also like @KisteK said, I don't mess with bees. I know the ecosystem desperately needs them. But wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, even horse flies, got no use for you. You can meet the sole of my shoe.

I haven't been stung by anything in a number of years. Hell, probably close to 15 or 20. Kinda like Cory said, they just never seem to bother me. If they buzz around my head, I will just swat them down and step on them or they will fly away. Also like @KisteK said, I don't mess with bees. I know the ecosystem desperately needs them. But wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, even horse flies, got no use for you. You can meet the sole of my shoe.
Yeah, I don't mess with bee's. But wasp, hornets---??

ImpoliteWeakConure-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have been lit up by yellow jackets many times. Not allergic, though. I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or just normal. But fireants mess me up pretty good. Every bite ends up as a huge whitehead full of pus. Lasts for days.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I have been lit up by yellow jackets many times. Not allergic, though. I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or just normal. But fireants mess me up pretty good. Every bite ends up as a huge whitehead full of pus. Lasts for days.
Fire ants will **** you up---chase your ass down. When I lived in Alabama as a kid, I kicked over their nest(ant hill). BIG mistake.Those summna bitches lit my ass up. Pops had to throw me in the pool---and even then,those mither****ers were still biting the piss out of me.

Mean little ****ers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Only bees I kill are wood/carpenter bees. The trap takes care of them for the most part and the tennis racket does the rest. My wife really wants to do some beekeeping once we retire.

The scariest looking thing we have around here are cicada killers. They are vicious looking but pretty harmless. Kind of neat to see one drag a cicada into the netherworld.

The worst thing we have around here are velvet ants (cow killers). I don't mess with those.

Reactions: cdbearde
Only bees I kill are wood/carpenter bees. The trap takes care of them for the most part and the tennis racket does the rest. My wife really wants to do some beekeeping once we retire.

The scariest looking thing we have around here are cicada killers. They are vicious looking but pretty harmless. Kind of neat to see one drag a cicada into the netherworld.

The worst thing we have around here are velvet ants (cow killers). I don't mess with those.
Are those the ones that look like half wasp half bee???

And you have to stomp the hell out of the velvet ants to kill them, tuff little girls. What I understand, the male has wings and looks more like a wasp and finds her for mating. But I could be wrong, except the stomping part. 👍

And you have to stomp the hell out of the velvet ants to kill them, tuff little girls. What I understand, the male has wings and looks more like a wasp and finds her for mating. But I could be wrong, except the stomping part. 👍

Yeah, no doubt. You have to smash them (even on concrete) over and over before they die.

I've heard some have wings but have never seen one.

Yeah, no doubt. You have to smash them (even on concrete) over and over before they die.

Yep, and what I have seen the ground one lives in holes in the yard, I have seen them go into holes, but I guess they would nest anywhere dark and hidden. I am also allergic to all stings, but I have never been stung by a velvet ant thank goodness. They look mean as crap. 🙄

Also, at 290 pounds I out weigh that insect by millions, it's like what a puss.
So the next time I see one I am going to reach down and pick it up, yell I am Jimbo, and eat it alive. I can do it. 💪💪
🤣🤣

Cicada killers? Yeah, kind of. They look like this.
cicadakillers.jpg
Yea those are the ones im scared of. I thought they were asian wasps or some ish my buddy told me. They arent super common around here (west ky) but they are around. I dont even wanna think about gettin lit up by one of those.

Cicada Killers actually don't have a bad sting. The guy that gets stung on his reality show took one and he said it wasn't bad at all. Tarantula Hawk and Bullet ant were the worst ones. I see nests of Cicada Killers all over one of the local golf courses in town.

Cicada Killers actually don't have a bad sting. The guy that gets stung on his reality show took one and he said it wasn't bad at all. Tarantula Hawk and Bullet ant were the worst ones. I see nests of Cicada Killers all over one of the local golf courses in town.
His videos are crazy.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Yea those are the ones im scared of. I thought they were asian wasps or some ish my buddy told me. They arent super common around here (west ky) but they are around. I dont even wanna think about gettin lit up by one of those.
People who don't know shit about bugs are reporting these guys as murder hornets. In reality, a murder hornet would take this thing out in 5 seconds.

I just finished changing the oil and i keep my wheel ramps, oil pan/wrench in the back of another car and opened the trunk and boom a yellow jacket nest about as round as a softball. I didn't have anything but wd40 so used it and ran like hell. I hope it works.

ADVERTISEMENT