ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Albums you’re currently listening to.

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
Which artists/albums are you currently listening to? Been a while since I made a thread like this. Curious to see what y’all are jammin to (old and new posters)

Discuss.

Gonna drop some classics itt

Night_fever_uk_single_bee_gees.jpg

I don't really listen to albums anymore but I'll give you the last 10 songs (that aren't instrumental or soundtracks) on the iPhone shuffle list.

Counting Crows-Up All Night (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)
The Killers-All These Things I've Done
Jars of Clay-Sing
The Civil Wars-Sour Times
Dre and Eminem-Forgot About Dre
David Bowie-Ashes to Ashes
Neighborhood-I'm Afraid
GnR-Rocket Queen
Marc Broussard-Home
Pink Floyd-Mother

Reactions: CB3UK and UL_1986
Myself, I’ve been listening to a lot of Hank sr., Curtis Mayfield, David Ruffin, Frank Ocean, Mac Demarco, Blaze Foley, Fugazi, MF Doom, and the Sonics. Another sleeper is the animals. Eric Burdon is a genius.

Myself, I’ve been listening to a lot of Hank sr., Curtis Mayfield, David Ruffin, Frank Ocean, Mac Demarco, Blaze Foley, Fugazi, MF Doom, and the Sonics. Another sleeper is the animals. Eric Burdon is a genius.

Hank "mutherfukin" Sr-----Fukin' boss.

I'm old school country.....Haggard, Waylon, Hank(Jr), Cash, Willie, and of course, the man---No Show Jones. Love me some Bee Gee's, Eagles, Skynard, Journey, REO, GAry Wright(Dream Weaver), Seger, Stones.......

Love some good Bluegrass....And Gospel.

Elvis is a God....Michael very close.

Reactions: UL_1986
Hank "mutherfukin" Sr-----Fukin' boss.

I'm old school country.....Haggard, Waylon, Hank(Jr), Cash, Willie, and of course, the man---No Show Jones. Love me some Bee Gee's, Eagles, Skynard, Journey, REO, GAry Wright(Dream Weaver), Seger, Stones.......

Love some good Bluegrass....And Gospel.

Elvis is a God....Michael very close.
I have an Aunt and Uncle who are 18 years older than my Mom and they turned me on to old Bluegrass,Gospel, Country (Aunt) and early Rock n' Roll and Swing(Uncle). Dad was more into Blues and Southern Rock, while Mom was more into the British scene and mainstream rock/pop here. Neither listened to country much.

Mix that with watching MTV come on the air, Columbia House, radio, etc and I developed my own taste. I still have a tremendous respect and fandom of the old stuff.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I don't really listen to albums anymore but I'll give you the last 10 songs (that aren't instrumental or soundtracks) on the iPhone shuffle list.

Counting Crows-Up All Night (Frankie Goes To Hollywood)
The Killers-All These Things I've Done
Jars of Clay-Sing
The Civil Wars-Sour Times
Dre and Eminem-Forgot About Dre
David Bowie-Ashes to Ashes
Neighborhood-I'm Afraid
GnR-Rocket Queen
Marc Broussard-Home
Pink Floyd-Mother
I can't recall the last album I listened to from start to end. I don't buy them anymore so I guess that would be one reason. It's all stations for me, either Sirius or YT. Don't listen to Pandora much anymore.

A lot of times, a song will just pop in my head and I'll listen to it, and next thing I know I've listened for an hour.

Weezer. Vanweezer.
Hero
I was a huge Weezer back in the day. I don't know how many times I've seen them at festivals and such. They still come for Memphis in May occasionally. 90's were a fun time. That's when I moved out and started almost traveling with some bands. I have a photo album of concert tickets just from the mid late 90's and it was over flowing by the time the decade ended. Making serious money at the time and way more money than my pesky $250 a month rent, and super cheap food.

*I love how music can take me back so quick.

I was a huge Weezer back in the day. I don't know how many times I've seen them at festivals and such. They still come for Memphis in May occasionally. 90's were a fun time. That's when I moved out and started almost traveling with some bands. I have a photo album of concert tickets just from the mid late 90's and it was over flowing by the time the decade ended. Making serious money at the time and way more money than my pesky $250 a month rent, and super cheap food.

*I love how music can take me back so quick.
I saw them at hella mega this summer at wrigley. Haven’t stopped listening to them since. It had been years since I actively listened to them. Rock solid.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I saw them at hella mega this summer at wrigley. Haven’t stopped listening to them since. It had been years since I actively listened to them. Rock solid.
I saw them once at the Red Mile In Lex (Horse track), and Toadies headlined. I still think that's funny.

Reactions: toonces11
I can't recall the last album I listened to from start to end. I don't buy them anymore so I guess that would be one reason. It's all stations for me, either Sirius or YT. Don't listen to Pandora much anymore.

A lot of times, a song will just pop in my head and I'll listen to it, and next thing I know I've listened for an hour.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Sirius. From sports to music it's great.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT