ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

Because they’re not sure how effective Mahomes will be. It’s not even a guarantee that he plays yet.

Come on now Coach Reid, we all know he’s playing.

Agreed he won’t be 100%, but who is 17-18 games in. It will be interesting to see if the foot injury limits his ability to scramble and extend plays. Him and Russell Wilson are probably two of the best I’ve ever seen at that. Rodgers is pretty good at it too.

Where do you guys expect Watson to end up next season? I think my Panthers will make a strong push for him but not sure we can offer the draft capital that some others can.

Where do you guys expect Watson to end up next season? I think my Panthers will make a strong push for him but not sure we can offer the draft capital that some others can.

I know there’s friction, but has he flat out said he’s done in Houston? I feel like they just paid him maybe last offseason or two offseason ago. I can’t imagine being the owner of the Texans and sitting around watching a man with a sphincter on his chin completely run my team into the ground, when I have talent everywhere, most especially QB/WR/DE

Was teddy on a one year deal? I hate that he didn’t play better, granted the panthers were in a tough spot regardless with the saints and bucs in same division. But Teddy really didn’t play well, pretty much since the game I got into it with you when they played the chiefs close and he was like 300 yds 70% 3 tds.

I don’t follow the panthers closely, but he obv never had a game like that again the rest of the season. Panthers had a weird year, not really a good team, injuries derailed your best asset, but they weren’t going out and getting dog walked every week, they seemed to almost always be in games.

Teddys just had such bad luck with the terrible non contact knee injury in Minnesota, and this was really his first chance sense to be “the guy” at qb in the NFL, until this year, but he didn’t really do anything to warrant bringing him back in a starting capacity. I guess he will just never be as good as he could have been/was before the injury. He’s just a really down to earth, easy to like person that I would respect/like regardless of where he went to school. Unfortunately character doesn’t win football games.

He will Be a good backup/character guy for as long as he wants to anyways, I Imagine. And I’m sure there’s far worse fates in life than making millions of dollars to hold a clip board.

Last edited:
I’m more interested in what the 15-20 deep class of free agent starting WRs is gonna do. If Watson is indeed leaving Houston I can’t imagine they will resign Fuller.

I’d love to see fuller in Green Bay, If he can stay healthy. Which is a big if for him.

Come on now Coach Reid, we all know he’s playing.

Agreed he won’t be 100%, but who is 17-18 games in. It will be interesting to see if the foot injury limits his ability to scramble and extend plays. Him and Russell Wilson are probably two of the best I’ve ever seen at that. Rodgers is pretty good at it too.

I expect him to play, especially after what I've seen and heard over the last 24 hours. But in terms of the point spread, I'm not shocked. Vegas is just trying to get equal action on both sides, after all.

Bridgewater isn’t the answer. I cringed when the Panthers tabbed him as their guy. He’s a career backup and not a starter. Would love to see them go get Watson.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I know there’s friction, but has he flat out said he’s done in Houston? I feel like they just paid him maybe last offseason or two offseason ago. I can’t imagine being the owner of the Texans and sitting around watching a man with a sphincter on his chin completely run my team into the ground, when I have talent everywhere, most especially QB/WR/DE

Was teddy on a one year deal? I hate that he didn’t play better, granted the panthers were in a tough spot regardless with the saints and bucs in same division. But Teddy really didn’t play well, pretty much since the game I got into it with you when they played the chiefs close and he was like 300 yds 70% 3 tds.

I don’t follow the panthers closely, but he obv never had a game like that again the rest of the season. Panthers had a weird year, not really a good team, injuries derailed your best asset, but they weren’t going out and getting dog walked every week, they seemed to almost always be in games.

Teddys just had such bad luck with the terrible non contact knee injury in Minnesota, and this was really his first chance sense to be “the guy” at qb in the NFL, until this year, but he didn’t really do anything to warrant bringing him back in a starting capacity. I guess he will just never be as good as he could have been/was before the injury. He’s just a really down to earth, easy to like person that I would respect/like regardless of where he went to school. Unfortunately character doesn’t win football games.

He will Be a good backup/character guy for as long as he wants to anyways, I Imagine. And I’m sure there’s far worse fates in life than making millions of dollars to hold a clip board.
I think he's done, man. There's been countless former players from Houston and other teams giving him advice to get out of there. He was already upset about the Hopkins thing, and on top of that, they told him they would value his opinion in the GM search and didn't even talk to him about who they hired.

Teddy's deal was two years and option for three. Very top heavy with him getting most of his money in the first year. In my debates regarding him, my points always feel like I was attacking the guy, but more or less I was just trying to argue that signing him was a mistake and worthless. We didn't have the team around him that he needs to do well, but he also is better than Will Grier or PJ Walker would have been, so we ended up with worse draft position.

I am dying for us to trade for Watson (2021 and 2022 first rounder, plus CMC would do it I would hope/think)

Brady and the Bucs offense came to play. And their rush has had success so far in this game. Let’s see if Rodgers can respond again.

That is a terrible call there. Just because the ball hit the goaline, the returner still returned the ball. He chose to pick the ball up and return it. So bad.

packers gonna packer. Sadly I knew the TD before half would beat us. I’d have to cut king, what a terrible game, but getting beat deep on 4th down with 22 secs left in the half is unforgivable. Plus the atrocious hold when it had become obv the refs were gonna let em Hans fight and hold all game u can’t grab ahold dudes shirt like ur taking the reigns of a horse geeze

The first Tb int was garbage thought that was a pretty obvious hold as well, not nearly as obv but see it called more than not. And it resulted in a Tb TD when it would have likely either been the same score at half 14-10 or perhaps the packers get in fg range. That no call changed the game imo.

But dam we still had chances, we get to the red zone again and again and can’t get TDs at some point we deserve to lose.

Lafluer still has some teeth cuttin to do for sure. Yea let’s kick it I’m sure we will stop Tom Brady in 1:40 in a championship game. Those are good odds right coach smdh

The Chiefs are really way too good, reminding me of the Warriors team from 2015 to 2018. They are going to 3-peat unless major injuries happen to their key players.

Brady will beat them. Watch.
Brady threw 3 picks today against a defense for the packers that isn't nearly as dynamic as the chiefs. They are going to blitz Brady all day long, and his OL isn't good enough to handle that. Bucs will need to run the ball very effectively

These thugs apparently aren’t happy that they got exposed. Have a nice ride home, assholes.

Pretty wild that the first team ever to play a super bowl at their home stadium will be doing so having played 3 games on the road.

Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown are going to be playing in the Super Bowl. Heh

Seems like I’m the only one itt thinking Brady will get it done next week.

I wouldn't favor the Bucs to win. Wouldn't completely discount them, however. They have a solid defense and Brady has plenty of weapons. You just wonder if it will enough to keep up with the Chiefs.

Another week, another team that "drastically improved" since the day they played the Chiefs last. We shall see.

With Fisher out, it probably won't be bombs away to Tyreek like last time, but Reid will have a solid gameplan.

I kinda wanted Stafford with the 49ers. But not at this price. Holy hell what are the Rams thinking?

The Rams have been the most aggressive off-season team over the past few years, maybe of all time. They've acquired lots of top market players while giving up their drafts and it has yet to pay off for them. You hate to see it.

That’s insane.

Hell with that package even as a packers fan I feel like they shoulda made a run at Rodgers, which don’t get me wrong I’m glad they didn’t but that’s a lot to pay for an old stafford.

At the same time I feel like nfl teams way overvalue their draft picks. They act like a late 1st round pick always works out. Or how often do we see a pro bowl caliber player get traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick, like everyone drafted in the third round will turn into a pro bowler.

We will see how it works, they def have some pieces to work with on that roster.

Am very glad to see stafford get the hell out of Detroit.

That hell hole of a city/franchise has caused what possibly could have been the best RB and the best WR EVER to just up and quit football late in their prime. Baffling. Can’t even imagine blowing off the chart talents like sanders and johnson.

Totally incompetent franchise, and has been my entire life.

Am very glad to see stafford get the hell out of Detroit.

That hell hole of a city/franchise has caused what possibly could have been the best RB and the best WR EVER to just up and quit football late in their prime. Baffling. Can’t even imagine blowing off the chart talents like sanders and johnson.

Totally incompetent franchise, and has been my entire life.
I still hate Ross for not trading Sanders. The man gave 8 years of his life to the franchise that never built around him and they were upset that he wanted to go to a team that had a chance to compete. Meanwhile, Emmitt fvcking Smith gets the title that belongs to Sanders. Could you imagine how much higher Sanders' numbers would be if he had Smith's O Line? I think Sanders led the league in yards lost. Bet that wouldn't have been the case.

I still hate Ross for not trading Sanders. The man gave 8 years of his life to the franchise that never built around him and they were upset that he wanted to go to a team that had a chance to compete. Meanwhile, Emmitt fvcking Smith gets the title that belongs to Sanders. Could you imagine how much higher Sanders' numbers would be if he had Smith's O Line? I think Sanders led the league in yards lost. Bet that wouldn't have been the case.

Yea, even as a packers fan, hard not to love sanders. Just so electric and so fun. I was basically a kid during his run so I don’t really remember the specifics of why he couldn’t get out of there, but yea it’s a shame.

I also hate the cowboys lol so we have that in common. I feel like you hate emmit a little worse than I do but I’m not a fanboy either lol.

I pretty much hate every team that I remember knocking Green Bay out of the playoffs when I was a kid and idolized Farve. So cowboys, San Fran, Tampa, Philly— Hate em all, I’m sure I’m forgetting a few but those 4 really stand out.

ADVERTISEMENT