ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

I'm just being realistic. They've lost 4 defensive linemen for the year now that Ansah, our replacement for Bosa is done. We have zero starting CBs for the next 3-4 games at least. Dee ford is already on IR and Dre Greenlaw might be going on IR today. It's ridiculous.

I am focusing on defense because that is what got SF to the one seed and the SB last year. They don't have the pieces to compete with LA, Seattle and Green Bay defensively and will struggle against Arizona because they always do and they haven't quite figured out how to defend a mobile QB who has legitimate QB skills and that was pre injury plague. I don't see them being as good as NO can be (they seem to be a mess now, but don't count them out) and I wouldn't bet on them haveing a better record than TB.

I think they can still have a winning season. This year I could definitely see a 10-6 team missing the playoffs, though. But it is an uphill battle for a healthy team. We'll see what their offense can do once healthy. I can see them being a high scoring offense once the QB and RBs are at full strength.

If I were to guess, which I like to do early every year. I would pick these teams in the NFC.

1. Seattle Sick
2. Green Bay
3. TB
4. Dallas
5. NO
6. LA

Don’t forget that there’s a 7th playoff team in each conference this year.

Watching the Patriots get fvcked by the refs brings me way too much joy.

120844081_998777147304677_6206995197187934107_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: bMORE607
I don't usually bitch about refs, but ****in A there have been some ticky tack calls in this game. Two TDs taken off the board, plus a horrible non-call when Hill was mugged before the ball arrived. Would have probably led to another easy TD.

Defense has been crap though.

The Ravens have been up 17-0 for like 2 hours and for some reason Lamar has thrown it 35 times. Greg Roman can catch Covid and die.

Maybe they see it as an opportunity to work on some things in a game they virtually can't lose. Otherwise makes no sense.

Have I mentioned I love having an adult with a brain coaching the team I cheer for and how refreshing it is he understands clock management?

Yeah, some games that looked like easy wins might have been closer than necessary but sure beats a futile attempt at a comeback only to lose.

Cannot believe a guy sat in an interview for hours with Stefanski and Freddie and concluded, "Freddie's our guy"....no wonder 2 teams have kicked Dorsey to the curb.

Called the pack being overrated.

Just Easy schedule to start minus saint but they were without Thomas.

Moster going out is a cap on 2020. Fvck!

*not a season ending injury.

Ghost, how pissed are you going to be if the 49ers miss the playoffs while the winner of the NFC East gets in at 5-11?

Ghost, how pissed are you going to be if the 49ers miss the playoffs while the winner of the NFC East gets in at 5-11?
We'll find out in a couple of months. Lol

How bad was Cam Newton yesterday? The 49ers without their entire starting defensive backfield and two linebackers and he was so bad he got benched. Probably won't be that lucky next week against Russell Wilson.

We'll find out in a couple of months. Lol

How bad was Cam Newton yesterday? The 49ers without their entire starting defensive backfield and two linebackers and he was so bad he got benched. Probably won't be that lucky next week against Russell Wilson.

Not sure what happened to the Patriots. They looked like a solid team a few weeks ago.

Although I’ve always thought that the “genius” of Belichick was highly overrated. A HOF QB + elaborate cheating schemes can win you a lot of games. He’s sub-.500 before and after Brady.

Lol. Mostert already on IR. Wilson Jr just had a breakout game with 112 YDs and 3 TDs is now on IR and Debo Samuel also on IR. Just put a bullet in them already.

Yea I’m no 49ers fan but dam y’all Have been ravaged about as hard as any team I can remember.

Maybe philly has an argument to be in the same conversation.

Ok so whose gonna breakout on O against the Seahawks suspect D? Besides Kittle of course. Need some DK sleepers.

Bourne?

Whose gonna be the RB?

Who y’all got healthy at wr besides Bourne.

Honestly hope kittle goes off like he did list one bc ima have him quite a bit with the limited weapons available.

McKnnon is listed as the number 1 but that fvcker had like 1 carry last week. Hasty might be the running back that sees the bulk of the workload.
McKnnon doesn't understand the scheme of the offense. He continually bails on designed plays because he thinks he knows better. Which I don't criticize him too much for, because it is a fighter's mindset to think he knows better. Look at Wilson Jr last week. He followed the blockers and trusted the scheme.

as a Bengals fan i hope we tank the rest of the season then fire our HC and all of his assistants, then get the #1 pick
the trade value in Lawrence is going to be huge

Who y’all got healthy at wr besides Bourne.

Honestly hope kittle goes off like he did list one bc ima have him quite a bit with the limited weapons available.
Aiyuk is a solid contributor. Taylor, I think is an under used asset. And I also think they need to add Dwelly to the rotation. He is a solid catcher and also blocks well. Richie James is back. He is a less than reliable downfield threat. But makes some plays here and there.

Short answer, if the 49ers have any offensive success, Kittle and Aiyuk are your only chance at a nickel.

ADVERTISEMENT