ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

I mean, a team sucking is one thing. But I don't think losing 10 starters to injuries in the first two games qualifies as a hangover. Just shit luck. Especially THE 10 starters. Just about all of the top players. Not sure how long all of them will be out. But Bosa's looked pretty serious. Thankfully their schedule is fairly light early on.

*stupid me just noticed that you included curse.
Yea just some bad luck this year for your 49ers. I feel like the average fan doesn’t understand how much luck a team needs just to make it to the super bowl.

I mean, a team sucking is one thing. But I don't think losing 10 starters to injuries in the first two games qualifies as a hangover. Just shit luck. Especially THE 10 starters. Just about all of the top players. Not sure how long all of them will be out. But Bosa's looked pretty serious. Thankfully their schedule is fairly light early on.

*stupid me just noticed that you included curse.
I think the casual fan doesn’t pay attention to injuries during title runs. Most of the teams who make a deep run are very healthy at the right time. It’s often just dumb luck. It’s why a great team can be so bad the following year. Some key injuries can crush you.

That’s one reason why the Patriots have been so great. They focus on the collective instead of the individual so attrition doesn’t hurt them as much.

Reactions: bMORE607
Tyrod Taylor's pregame "injury" was a dirty trick. Almost worked.

Butker is a serious kicker. 53-yd gamewinner is erased by penalty. Next play, a 58-yder goes through but assholes called timeout. Steps up and does it again for the win. Oh, and it was the 2nd 58-yder he nailed in the game. I've never seen a kicking display like that.

Chiefs will have to play much better overall next week.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Butker is a serious kicker. 53-yd gamewinner is erased by penalty. Next play, a 58-yder goes through but assholes called timeout. Steps up and does it again for the win. Oh, and it was the 2nd 58-yder he nailed in the game. I've never seen a kicking display like that.

The most Panther thing ever of Panther moves, cutting Butker and keeping Gano

Reactions: ExitFlagger

That was a damned impressive sequence. Not often I go all out for a kicker, buy that was fun to watch. Once again, a team does everything they need to to beat the Chiefs and KC finds a way. That TD to Hill was awesome. Couldn't have been placed better IMO.

What I saw of Russell Wilson last night was pretty impressive as well. But. I hate to admit that.

That was a damned impressive sequence. Not often I go all out for a kicker, buy that was fun to watch. Once again, a team does everything they need to to beat the Chiefs and KC finds a way. That TD to Hill was awesome. Couldn't have been placed better IMO.

What I saw of Russell Wilson last night was pretty impressive as well. But. I hate to admit that.

The Chargers' D has been the hardest for Mahomes to figure out. They get great pressure with the front four and are strong at all levels. That was a struggle.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I know the Giants aren't the best team in the league by any means, but when is the last time a team has missed 10 starters and 4 other regular players and won by 27 on the road?

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Colts looking good. I mean the Jets are woeful. But still....Rivers looks revived. 36-7 win today.

Lamar will get all the blame and I’m not saying he is playing well, but the entire fvcking team is sucking massive cock. Wink Martindale and Greg Toman can go fvck off anywhere else. Great job by Mark Andrews multiple drops, dude blows in big games.

Mahomey is ridiculous. Surprised they kicked the FG there.

@bMORE607 , your boys are being clowned. Not saying that to troll. But damn. Hoping the 2nd half is competitive. Which it should be.

Chiefs are going to dick around and let them back in it.

Hope that foolish decision to let them return that kick doesn’t come back to haunt.

Last edited:
That's what the Chiefs will do to you.
The Chiefs are great, but it’s not like we’re bad. I don’t get how we look like we’ve never seen a football against them. Blows my mind how ill prepared we looked on defense. I figured Kelce would have a big game against rookie line backers but the entire defense looks like shit.

The Chiefs are like, I am showing you exactly what I am about to do and you can't stop it. And they're right.

To change the subject. The 49ers have a legitimate chance to be 4-1 when they have their roster back. Minus season ending injuries to Bosa and Thomas. Those are two huge hits. But they have solid secondary players on defense and their offense should be ahead of where they were last year once they get going. Honestly don't know if they are better with Garrapolo vs Mullens. I am not sold on Garrapolo like I was halfway through last season.

Has any other team held Lamar’s offense down like this?

Didn’t see that coming.

To change the subject. The 49ers have a legitimate chance to be 4-1 when they have their roster back. Minus season ending injuries to Bosa and Thomas. Those are two huge hits. But they have solid secondary players on defense and their offense should be ahead of where they were last year once they get going. Honestly don't know if they are better with Garrapolo vs Mullens. I am not sold on Garrapolo like I was halfway through last season.

Jimmy isn’t bad, but if they had a truly elite QB, they’d be terrifying.

Reactions: GhostOf301
3 Titans players and 5 sideline workers have tested positive for the rona. Insert here we go gif.

It is mind numbing listening and talking to Panthers fans who think Teddy is here for more than one year. Its a sad but accurate representation of the fan base that is content with mediocrity.

If teddy hadn’t blown up his knee, he’d have a much better reputation as more than just a spot starter or good backup.

He led Minn to the North title and a playoff berth his first year starting. Went 5-0 in relief of Brees this year.

I’m not saying he’s a top 10 qb, but to suggest a team can’t win with him is a bit premature imo. Plus he’s just a wonderful human being to have in your locker room.

But I will concede that even the Carolina admin sees him as a gap ab and not the future of the franchise, which will be pretty impossible for him to accomplish at this stage of his career unless he can ball out in Carolina for a couple years.

Last edited:
No Garrapolo or Mostert again. No word on whether Debo Samuel will make his season debut. Kittle is back. Offense coming back slowly. Kind of interested to see how well Nick Mullens will do.

Still no Dee Ford or Dre Greenlaw on defense to go with the multiple players on IR.

As long as they can handle a not so good Eagles team. And then Miami, they will be 4-1 and should be back to the best health they will be this year barring any other injuries, going into the tough part of their schedule.

No Garrapolo or Mostert again. No word on whether Debo Samuel will make his season debut. Kittle is back. Offense coming back slowly. Kind of interested to see how well Nick Mullens will do.

Still no Dee Ford or Dre Greenlaw on defense to go with the multiple players on IR.

As long as they can handle a not so good Eagles team. And then Miami, they will be 4-1 and should be back to the best health they will be this year barring any other injuries, going into the tough part of their schedule.

The injuries have been unfortunate, but if you're going to have injuries, the Giants and Jets weeks are the perfect time for it.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Great...Cam Newton tests positive.

Clearly scared of the Chiefs.
So your game will be tomorrow night or Tuesday. And you got to love espcnn. Headline says multiple players between both teams test positive. Oh shit, you think. Read the article and sure enough, multiple players between both teams test positive. Because two is multiple. Cam Newton for the Patriots and the Chiefs practice squad QB.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Jimbo, I don’t think Lawrence is in your future.

The Jets appear to be far better at this tanking thing.

Reactions: AWilli6995
The Niners could take some notes from the Panthers defense today. Glad to see a division foe lose.

Yea but your turf isn't killing your team
Really disappointed that Mullens looked like the second coming of Jake Delhomme last night. That pick six was likely the nail in the playoff coffin. Too many good teams in the NFC to be down two games to all of them. Oh well.

Reactions: bMORE607
Really disappointed that Mullens looked like the second coming of Jake Delhomme last night. That pick six was likely the nail in the playoff coffin. Too many good teams in the NFC to be down two games to all of them. Oh well.

Mehhh I wouldn’t call 2-2 and lost cause. Very lucky to have gotten to play a super easy schedule, but unlucky regarding the injuries. But gotta beat philly, they are the one team injuries can’t be excuse for bc they are the only ones with seemingly just as many as SF.

Mehhh I wouldn’t call 2-2 and lost cause. Very lucky to have gotten to play a super easy schedule, but unlucky regarding the injuries. But gotta beat philly, they are the one team injuries can’t be excuse for bc they are the only ones with seemingly just as many as SF.
I'm just being realistic. They've lost 4 defensive linemen for the year now that Ansah, our replacement for Bosa is done. We have zero starting CBs for the next 3-4 games at least. Dee ford is already on IR and Dre Greenlaw might be going on IR today. It's ridiculous.

I am focusing on defense because that is what got SF to the one seed and the SB last year. They don't have the pieces to compete with LA, Seattle and Green Bay defensively and will struggle against Arizona because they always do and they haven't quite figured out how to defend a mobile QB who has legitimate QB skills and that was pre injury plague. I don't see them being as good as NO can be (they seem to be a mess now, but don't count them out) and I wouldn't bet on them haveing a better record than TB.

I think they can still have a winning season. This year I could definitely see a 10-6 team missing the playoffs, though. But it is an uphill battle for a healthy team. We'll see what their offense can do once healthy. I can see them being a high scoring offense once the QB and RBs are at full strength.

If I were to guess, which I like to do early every year. I would pick these teams in the NFC.

1. Seattle Sick
2. Green Bay
3. TB
4. Dallas
5. NO
6. LA

Yea it’s really a no telling type of year. Injuries are ridiculous enough without the combination of a pandemic to go with it. There’s no tellin who will and won’t be playing even 2-3 weeks from now.

I’m a GB fan and I don’t have half the optimism in the packers as you. If We keep losing receivers we are gonna have to trot DBs out there. I wish theyd trot Jordan Love out there at wr bc that’s the only way the pick is ever gonna make any sense.

I just can’t understand how you can look around the league and see passing is taking over, records are being rewrote every year it seems, some teams legitametely have two Number 1 receivers, look at GBs wr depth combined with the talent at wr in last years draft and not think damn we should get a wr. Even if not in the first round, there were some pretty talented guys that went round 2-4 but we still did not address it. If we had traded up for say Tee Higgins instead of Love or gotten any help there I’d feel a helluva lot better about things. Even when Adams comes back I feel like he’s just gonna draw double teams at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT