ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

So after he puts up 40 points on the panthers next week, Iā€™ll be sure to quote you
Lighten up Francis. Just having some fun. Panthers might be the worst team in the league, so I wonā€™t take away too much. Letā€™s see how he looks after 4-5 games under his belt. Time for him to gel with his WRs but also time for him to get beat up.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Lighten up Francis. Just having some fun. Panthers might be the worst team in the league, so I wonā€™t take away too much. Letā€™s see how he looks after 4-5 games under his belt. Time for him to gel with his WRs but also time for him to get beat up.
Monday morning after a really fun weekend. Not in the best of moods. But yea, we very easily could be the worst team in the league. (Panthers)

Monday morning after a really fun weekend. Not in the best of moods. But yea, we very easily could be the worst team in the league. (Panthers)
Iā€™ve been a Panthers fan since their inception. Donā€™t expect much this year. Itā€™s a rebuilding deal. Enjoy all the storylines around the league instead

I doubt that the Panthers are the worst in the league, although there donā€™t seem to be many really bad teams this year. Still too early to say, but it doesnā€™t seem like the typical season with 5-10 awful teams at the bottom.

I doubt that the Panthers are the worst in the league, although there donā€™t seem to be many really bad teams this year. Still too early to say, but it doesnā€™t seem like the typical season with 5-10 awful teams at the bottom.
We probably aren't, but bottom five no doubt. The good news is, most of the teams that would pick before us already have a QB they've drafted from the past 2 or 3 classes. I mean, the Raiders are arguably one of the worst teams in the AFC and they just beat us.

We probably aren't, but bottom five no doubt. The good news is, most of the teams that would pick before us already have a QB they've drafted from the past 2 or 3 classes. I mean, the Raiders are arguably one of the worst teams in the AFC and they just beat us.

I'm not sure how good the Raiders will be, but they've got some talent.

Bad
Bad news is Trevor Lawrence is going number 1 overall regardless. I donā€™t care if burrow has a decent season and somehow Cincy still ends up with the pick. Or Miami or anybody, it doesnā€™t matter. You draft Trevor Lawrence and trade him. I see zero scenario where he isnā€™t the number 1 pick unless he gets hurt.

I was just saying, regardless who gets the pick, Lawrence is going number 1.

Just donā€™t think you can bank on, well we arenā€™t the worst team but all the worst teams have their qb. Any other year and I would agree but not with Lawrence.

Iā€™ve seen mock drafts that have him as low as 5. Thereā€™s a handful of teams that need a QB that realistically can finish ahead of the Panthers in the draft.

Jaguars
Washington
Lions
Bears

thatā€™s about it

I was just saying, regardless who gets the pick, Lawrence is going number 1.

Just donā€™t think you can bank on, well we arenā€™t the worst team but all the worst teams have their qb. Any other year and I would agree but not with Lawrence.
Happen to think you're right but never know. Hell, was a time many thought Darnold was the obvious #1 pick. Before last season, Burrow seemed like a 5th rounder at best.

If the Jets had the #2 pick and Lawrence is there and they donā€™t take him, NYC would be burned to the ground. šŸ¤£ It would be glorious to watch.
What I miss about drafts in NYC was the Jets being wrong nearly every year. If they loved a guy (Blair Thomas comes to mind) he'd be a bust and they'd boo guys like Revis.

Reactions: bMORE607
It is mind numbing listening and talking to Panthers fans who think Teddy is here for more than one year. Its a sad but accurate representation of the fan base that is content with mediocrity.
I still have no idea why they signed Teddy. Should have just saved the money and went all-in on the tank.

Reactions: JimboBBN
It is mind numbing listening and talking to Panthers fans who think Teddy is here for more than one year. Its a sad but accurate representation of the fan base that is content with mediocrity.
What is the guarantee on his deal? Hit to get out after the year? If not much I'd say no doubt he wont be there long.

What is the guarantee on his deal? Hit to get out after the year? If not much I'd say no doubt he wont be there long.
Itā€™s very front heavy. Most of the guaranteed money is this season and some of it next. Canā€™t remember the exact number. It is pretty much set up for him to be the starter this season and part of next season.

Reactions: dtgold88
Sherman, Kittle, Ford and Samuel all out of today's game for the 49ers. Good thing they're playing the jets. Hopefully they can squeeze one out today.

The 49ers must have done some evil things during the offseason. Every big name on defense is out and Garapollo looks to be injured as well. Fun season while it lasted.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Just in this game.

Garapollo - out
Bosa - out
Thomas - out
Mostert - out

Super Bowl hangover/curse is real
I mean, a team sucking is one thing. But I don't think losing 10 starters to injuries in the first two games qualifies as a hangover. Just shit luck. Especially THE 10 starters. Just about all of the top players. Not sure how long all of them will be out. But Bosa's looked pretty serious. Thankfully their schedule is fairly light early on.

*stupid me just noticed that you included curse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT