ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

Or that Belichek got <42 year old Brady. And the benefit of great defenses. Not to take anything away from Belichek. I value the coach over a single player every time. I just don't think judging a single season based on those metrics works in this case.
It’s probably a combination of both. Just a perfect storm that worked.

Still don’t know why people bitch about that guy not being in the NFL. He had the top ranked defense and lost to Joe Flacco and a mid ranked, ageing defense.
People bitch because he was blackballed when he was good enough to play.

But those Same people don’t realize CK eventually figured out it was more profitable to not play and cash in on his new gig as captain SJW.

Kansas City should be back in the Super Bowl this year
As long as they stay healthy! You could tell they were a little out of sync at times, but they handled the Texans basically all game. Our receiving core is insane. Hill can walk just about any DB. I think this group is fun for any football fan to watch, even if you hate the chiefs.

As long as they stay healthy! You could tell they were a little out of sync at times, but they handled the Texans basically all game. Our receiving core is insane. Hill can walk just about any DB. I think this group is fun for any football fan to watch, even if you hate the chiefs.
You all will beat us by 40 I bet. But yea, Demarcus Robinson as your fifth option on offense is kind of insane.

Reactions: toonces11
Kansas City is like a cat toying around with a lizard letting it escape a couple of times before finally shredding it to pieces. 16 plays 91 yards killing 10 minutes will destroy a defense from the heart out.

The 49ers did everything they had to do last year defensively against them for 24 minutes. That last 6 minutes though. :(

Reactions: ExitFlagger
People bitch because he was blackballed when he was good enough to play.

But those Same people don’t realize CK eventually figured out it was more profitable to not play and cash in on his new gig as captain SJW.
He went 1-11 his last year. which is more of a team stat, but any decent qb is winning more than 1 game. He was average, I don't know why people die on that hill.

Reactions: SNU0821
Best part about last nights game was Houston taking the early lead and Collinsworth calling the Hopkins-Johnson trade a win win.
I never thought I'd say this but Collinsworth earned his money last night. I was not disappointed with him at all.

I never thought I'd say this but Collinsworth earned his money last night. I was not disappointed with him at all.

He's always been one of my favorites.

Kinda liked how he handled the BLM stuff too. Threw out the obligatory "I support what the players are doing"....followed immediately by "enough of that--let's play football."

Last edited:
A few talking heads chattering about Chiefs going undefeated. Lunacy.

If they had an easy schedule, I could maybe understand it. But they play Baltimore, NO, Buffalo and Tampa on the road. Probably lose a few of those.

After typing that, I realized that "on the road" doesn't really mean shit this year. But still.

Reactions: dtgold88
Can't decide if I'm surprised or not that the ratings for last night's game was down a good percentage from prior year. On one hand, you'd think people would have been dying for football to start and would watch the game so I'm surprised the ratings are through the roof. On the other hand, with all the bullshit SJW nonsense propaganda they're trying to shove down our throats it's not surprising to see not as many people watched.

Or get knocked out in week 4 because he doesn’t have elite coaches creating a blocking scheme to account for his limited mobility
QBs who are smart and capable of making quick decisions will help out an O-line as much as the other way around.

If they don’t win the division and make a deep run, everyone will have to concede it was more about Belichek.
I can see this logic, but to be fair the guy is well into his 40s. Not sure how much can be expected of him at this point.

You all will beat us by 40 I bet. But yea, Demarcus Robinson as your fifth option on offense is kind of insane.
That says a lot about my team. Our 5th option is probably Austin Hooper.

Then again, that Mahomes fellow might help them more than our QB.

Reactions: JimboBBN
QBs who are smart and capable of making quick decisions will help out an O-line as much as the other way around.
The whole offense was built around Brady’s limits. Quick strike slants down the field and then take advantage of Gronk in the EZ. Have to be able to run precise routes. It’s why guys like Hogan, Edleman, Welker, thrived in that system.

Reactions: dtgold88
I do not think Austin Hooper is a bad fifth option at all. I would take him at tight end on the panthers
Thwas my point...also stacked on O.....but having Mahomes makes a huge difference, of course. We need 2018 Baker.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Niners look like shit. Hopefully just a product of it being the first game and no preseason. But still.

Fun watching jimmy g suck balls outside of 1 play and the defense totally shit the bed. Really hate the last 6 minutes of last year's super bowl.

I’m trying to figure out if I think the browns would be any good had they drafted lamar number 1 and not Baker.

But I’m about half convinced they would have ruined L Jackson’s career. Funniest tweet I read, Baker mayfield is Tim couch with commercials lmao.

Reactions: UL_1986
I’m trying to figure out if I think the browns would be any good had they drafted lamar number 1 and not Baker.

But I’m about half convinced they would have ruined L Jackson’s career. Funniest tweet I read, Baker mayfield is Tim couch with commercials lmao.

I think they’d be pretty good.

Hoping to see Brady struggle
I think Brady is going to have a redemption year.

4000+ yards and 40+ touchdowns
Or get knocked out in week 4 because he doesn’t have elite coaches creating a blocking scheme to account for his limited mobility
I like Arians. I think he will be good for Tom.
Tom Brady + Bruce Arians + elite talent on offense

Makes sense to me. That defense is being overlooked, as well.
🙈

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT