ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
Let's get this thing rolling. It is going to be a strange year for sure. Hopefully we get a full season and a return to some sort of normalcy by playoff time. No need to respond if you are boycotting for wokeness. Let's just discuss football.

Go 49ers!

Reactions: dtgold88
Our defense is young and not proven. I actually like Rule but I thought they should of let Cam play out his contract. I’m hoping 5-6 wins.
See, I'm the opposite. Call me a bad fan, whatever. Teddy isn't the guy of the future for us. Our defense will be the worst in the NFL. I think besides Jacksonville we have the most dead money in the league. Not to mention a first year coach with a proven record of completely tearing down before building up.

I hope we draft high enough to get Lawrence or Fields from OSU. I also like Rhule, but he isn't winning with this roster or QB.

See, I'm the opposite. Call me a bad fan, whatever. Teddy isn't the guy of the future for us. Our defense will be the worst in the NFL. I think besides Jacksonville we have the most dead money in the league. Not to mention a first year coach with a proven record of completely tearing down before building up.

I hope we draft high enough to get Lawrence or Fields from OSU. I also like Rhule, but he isn't winning with this roster or QB.

I’m with you but I hope we’re competitive. I know that’s saying a lot.

Go Brownies!! Let's have the season we should have had last year if not for Ego Boy and maybe the worst coach ever.

Reactions: GhostOf301

I’ll build around Carr in DraftKings this week. Your secondary is atrocious.

My team takes a lot of crap....and can't disagree much until they prove it on the field. But I believe the tank they started in 2016 was the way to go and will not be continued by Berry with Ego Boy out.

don't blame ya at all for wanting to get that QB high in the draft. Seems our current FO values flexibility as much as anything. Have actually seen our own fans ridicule them for having cap room, which is absurd. They are in middle of pack in spending and tops in cap space. Last year was #2 in both.

How could anyone think that's a bad thing....especially with the cap likely going down.

Reactions: JimboBBN
My team takes a lot of crap....and can't disagree much until they prove it on the field. But I believe the tank they started in 2016 was the way to go and will not be continued by Berry with Ego Boy out.

don't blame ya at all for wanting to get that QB high in the draft. Seems our current FO values flexibility as much as anything. Have actually seen our own fans ridicule them for having cap room, which is absurd. They are in middle of pack in spending and tops in cap space. Last year was #2 in both.

How could anyone think that's a bad thing....especially with the cap likely going down.
When we took Cam 9 years ago I didn’t think I would be in this spot again so early. It worked out well for us last time, tanking. I am rooting so hard for Teddy but he isn’t the talent we need at QB. To me, he’s an A backup but that’s about it. Can’t win you a game but won’t lose them for you. I think we win 4 games. That should be enough for a top three pick. Unless Washington wants Fields, which of course would happen to me lol

How do you see the first few picks going next year?

Browns I think will be pretty good this season. Expect OBJ to bounce back at least a little. Your defense should be decent. Playmakers everywhere on offense.

When we took Cam 9 years ago I didn’t think I would be in this spot again so early. It worked out well for us last time, tanking. I am rooting so hard for Teddy but he isn’t the talent we need at QB. To me, he’s an A backup but that’s about it. Can’t win you a game but won’t lose them for you. I think we win 4 games. That should be enough for a top three pick. Unless Washington wants Fields, which of course would happen to me lol

Browns I think will be pretty good this season. Expect OBJ to bounce back at least a little. Your defense should be decent. Playmakers everywhere on offense.
Assuming they need QBs have to think Fields and Lawrence in top 2.....then again, who knows, especially if teams don't play. Burrow went from 5th round at best to #1 pick.

Thinking (OK....hoping) without the unwarranted hype the Browns have the season they were thought to have last year with Worst Coach Ever.

Hopefully the Ravens put a death spike in them on Sunday and they spiral out of control again.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hopefully the Ravens put a death spike in them on Sunday and they spiral out of control again.
tenor.gif

Reactions: bMORE607
Should be a really good game tonight. Watson vs Mahomey. It is a great first game between two teams that are really good (or should be) and not really caring who wins.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
More SB bets have been placed on Tampa Bay than any other team.

Seriously?

Should be a really good game tonight. Watson vs Mahomey. It is a great first game between two teams that are really good (or should be) and not really caring who wins.
Texans won't be that good, I don't think. 9 wins would be my guess.

Kansas City by 20 tonight.

I’ve never been a Brady or pats fan, and I have no clue how it will play out, but Tampa Bays skill positions are absolutely loaded. So I can’t see them falling flat on their faces, but wouldn’t mind if they do.

I expect the Chiefs to curbstomp them.
Certainly could happen. But the Texans have some talent. And it is the first game. I think it will be more competitive than you guys are giving it credit for.

Certainly could happen. But the Texans have some talent. And it is the first game. I think it will be more competitive than you guys are giving it credit for.
Anything can happen. Chiefs have 20 of 22 starters back, if that’s correct. And Hopkins gone. Bad recipe.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Anything can happen. Chiefs have 20 of 22 starters back, if that’s correct. And Hopkins gone. Bad recipe.

WR won't be an issue with them. They have enough weapons for Watson. Offensive issues will be pass protection. Watson usually can make things happen. Out of all QBs he gets pressured the most.

The issue will be Defensive Backs and actually creating negative plays with pressure on Defense
Mahomes can buy enough time to get his WRs open.
Texans aren't particularly strong on the backend.

But regular season football is weird at times.

Reactions: dtgold88 and 829305
WR won't be an issue with them. They have enough weapons for Watson. Offensive issues will be pass protection. Watson usually can make things happen. Out of all QBs he gets pressured the most.

The issue will be Defensive Backs and actually creating negative plays with pressure on Defense
Mahomes can buy enough time to get his WRs open.
Texans aren't particularly strong on the backend.

But regular season football is weird at times.
Good stuff, but I still think Hopkins will be missed. Not sure there are many better hands out there.

Didn't know that they lost Hopkins. Haven't followed the offseason closely. That's big.

Still, the Chiefs did manage to lose to them at home in the regular season last year. Had some major injuries at the time though.

I’ve never been a Brady or pats fan, and I have no clue how it will play out, but Tampa Bays skill positions are absolutely loaded. So I can’t see them falling flat on their faces, but wouldn’t mind if they do.
If they don’t win the division and make a deep run, everyone will have to concede it was more about Belichek.

If they don’t win the division and make a deep run, everyone will have to concede it was more about Belichek.
Or that Belichek got <42 year old Brady. And the benefit of great defenses. Not to take anything away from Belichek. I value the coach over a single player every time. I just don't think judging a single season based on those metrics works in this case.

Or that Belichek got <42 year old Brady. And the benefit of great defenses. Not to take anything away from Belichek. I value the coach over a single player every time. I just don't think judging a single season based on those metrics works in this case.
In all honesty, yes, I know we can’t measure much by one season. But Brady always seems to get more praise than BB.

ADVERTISEMENT