ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 10 year old Drag Kid.

Yeah, religion has no measured impact on being gay.

It might impact how OPEN or OUT you are, and who you are out TO, and how long it takes you to follow through with physical actions, but every bit of anecdotal evidence points to just as many religious people being gay as non-religious people... it is just that the religious people often have a harder time being honest or out about it, because of the whole "You are a sinner and spawn of the Devil and will burn in hell" thing;)

This has been interesting :D

I think it all boils down to what your religious beliefs are and how you were raised is what you think is right. It’s hard to discuss something like this without bringing religion into it because it does have a major impact on how you believe the way it works.

I think influence is a big factor as well. You don’t know right from wrong at a young age, you’re taught, so if you grew up in a household like mine, being gay was wrong. So I’m straight and will never think twice. However, I will never shun someone for it because that’s the way that person grew up.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what the percentage of being gay is if you were born in a religious household vs not?
I was brought up catholic and taught very similar things. I don't believe its a choice and I don't think I'm in any position to tell someone if its right or wrong---ill let them deal with that on judgment day. I also think it 100% okay for people like you to have your belief and it doesn't make you any better or worse of a person b/c of it----as long as you treat all people with respect.

I also think it 100% okay for people like you to have your belief and it doesn't make you any better or worse of a person b/c of it----as long as you treat all people with respect.
I would include as a measure of respect that a person not go around telling people they're going to burn for all eternity for who they fall in love with.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
I would include as a measure of respect that a person not go around telling people they're going to burn for all eternity for who they fall in love with.
Seems reasonable. People need to understand that someone can disagree with one of your views or part of who you are AND still like all the other parts of you more. Same thing goes for all you bums on here with really stupid opinions that differ from mine.!!!!!!

Reactions: SNU0821
300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

Reactions: treyforuk
Seems reasonable. People need to understand that someone can disagree with one of your views or part of who you are AND still like all the other parts of you more. Same thing goes for all you bums on here with really stupid opinions that differ from mine.!!!!!!

You’re a doctor right? I probably hate you if you’ve ever ordered an ultrasound for something dumb.

But I still like you.

Reactions: toonces11
There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's values or what they do and disagreeing with who they are. The entire hatred of gay people is based on mistaking who they are for an action. Other than KisteK, I don't know of any posters here who aren't straight cis men; our consensual physical demonstrations of affection/attraction toward our partners are an extension of our sexual orientation, not just some random action.

People can believe what they want and say what they want, but once you've put it out there in public, there will be consequences which are just as much the right of other people to impose. And some of those things are deal breakers. If a potential friend of mine said he never wanted to hear the first thing about my wife and kids, but it was cool to hang out otherwise, that's a deal breaker.

When did Canada (that's who controls the Canadian laws) pass free speech?
I don't know, I guess I assumed that most countries that aren't run by dictators, etc. have free speech. Glad I live in one that does.

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's values or what they do and disagreeing with who they are. The entire hatred of gay people is based on mistaking who they are for an action. Other than KisteK, I don't know of any posters here who aren't straight cis men; our consensual physical demonstrations of affection/attraction toward our partners are an extension of our sexual orientation, not just some random action.

People can believe what they want and say what they want, but once you've put it out there in public, there will be consequences which are just as much the right of other people to impose. And some of those things are deal breakers. If a potential friend of mine said he never wanted to hear the first thing about my wife and kids, but it was cool to hang out otherwise, that's a deal breaker.
Sure there are deal breakers, but politics shouldn’t be one.

So nothing scientific. Just anecdotes and folk tales. Gotcha.
I'm not defending the born gay but choose to be straight argument but is there scientific evidence that someone is born gay?

Liberalism is perverting sexuality in America. Change my mind.

If by “perverting” you mean “making it great,” sure. Because we all know that conservatives just want missionary position sex only for procreative purposes with no birth control allowed. Change my mind.

If by “perverting” you mean “making it great,” sure. Because we all know that conservatives just want missionary position sex only for procreative purposes with no birth control allowed. Change my mind.
How about saying Liberals are making being a pervert weird.

You're confusing Catholics with conservatives.

Kid can do what he wants , just don't expect me to call him courageous or brave. Also I sure as hell wouldn't let my kids if I had any right now stay over around his parents. Kids don't know they are gay 100% that young , sorry not buying it.

I'm not defending the born gay but choose to be straight argument but is there scientific evidence that someone is born gay?
Not like an identified "gay gene," but it's the overwhelming professional opinion among doctors, scientists, researchers, etc.

I can answer that...No.
Is the lack of that scientific evidence proof of the opposite?
If I gave you turned-gay-by-TV + 1 1/2, are you taking that bet?

There’s no way anybody actually believes being gay is a choice, right? That’s just astonishing and leads me to believe they’re probably self-doubting.

Also not sure why this would bother anybody. So what if the kid is a drag queen. Huffington Post is an ultra-liberal source providing some ultra-liberal material here. This isn’t even a situation like Fox News riled up a Fox News lemming, you actually went to a super gay friendly place and acted outraged you saw something gay friendly.

Reactions: Dattier
There’s no way anybody actually believes being gay is a choice, right? That’s just astonishing and leads me to believe they’re probably self-doubting.

Also not sure why this would bother anybody. So what if the kid is a drag queen. Huffington Post is an ultra-liberal source providing some ultra-liberal material here. This isn’t even a situation like Fox News riled up a Fox News lemming, you actually went to a super gay friendly place and acted outraged you saw something gay friendly.

Yeah, I don’t care if a kid dresses is drag. I don’t care for the parents that push hormone therapy and what not on young kids that likely aren’t really developed enough to know what they are doing.

The flower girl in my wedding stayed in the role of puppy all weekend of my wedding. My wife said “she never said a word to me, she just barked.”

It was cute and fun because she’s 4. If instead of playing the role of puppy she was playing the role of boy, that doesn’t mean she should be on hormone therapy or considered a boy.

Reactions: WojoRising
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT