ADVERTISEMENT

One of FAU, Creighton, or SDSU….

If Gonzaga is ever going to win one. It’s needs to be this year honestly
Sure some teams have an easier road to the final 4 or Championship. But Gonzaga ain’t them. For them to get to the Championship, I’d argue the road to get there would be harder than the other two times they made it.

Reactions: cdbearde
Sure some teams have an easier road to the final 4 or Championship. But Gonzaga ain’t them. For them to get to the Championship, I’d argue the road to get there would be harder than the other two times they made it.
Ucla, uconn, and Texas possibly. Yeah that’s pretty stout although ucla was down two starters

The question now, who will FAU/Creighton/SDSU lose to in the title? UConn or Texas? And, by how many points will they lose?

I'd be very surprised if it isn't UConn or Texas cutting the nets down. Very surprised. Rooting for Miami, though. Their guards can still score 80 on anybody.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Go Owls!

Hedwig's revenge.

anigif_sub-buzz-22190-1541392195-1.gif

The question now, who will FAU/Creighton/SDSU lose to in the title? UConn or Texas? And, by how many points will they lose?

I'd be very surprised if it isn't UConn or Texas cutting the nets down. Very surprised. Rooting for Miami, though. Their guards can still score 80 on anybody.

I don’t think San Diego State would lose by double digits. Their D is too good and they are too experienced. And if either FAU or Creighton are hitting threes, they could hang around and make it interesting too.

I don’t think San Diego State would lose by double digits. Their D is too good and they are too experienced. And if either FAU or Creighton are hitting threes, they could hang around and make it interesting too.
True - Creighton was also preseason top 15, and do have a win vs Uconn this season- still think Uconn wins the natty though.

True - Creighton was also preseason top 15, and do have a win vs Uconn this season- still think Uconn wins the natty though.
Creigton was ranked as high as 6th....UConn #2.

The Elite 8 isn't as bad as some think.

Not a guarantee that they'll run away it, but UConn does a look a bit different than the other 3 teams.

San Diego State is interesting. The collective team defense is ferocious. Often times it seems like they're playing with 6 players on the floor. Mensah might be best defensive big in the country. I just don't trust their offense. I was surprised they made so many timely shots late in the game against Creighton. Just know they have the tendency to go long spurts with little to no semblance of a functional offense. Their defense could keep them in the game against anybody, that's true.

I'm going to root against UConn, but they do look awfully strong.

Reactions: GE Nole
Not a guarantee that they'll run away it, but UConn does a look a bit different than the other 3 teams.

San Diego State is interesting. The collective team defense is ferocious. Often times it seems like they're playing with 6 players on the floor. Mensah might be best defensive big in the country. I just don't trust their offense. I was surprised they made so many timely shots late in the game against Creighton. Just know they have the tendency to go long spurts with little to no semblance of a functional offense. Their defense could keep them in the game against anybody, that's true.

What happen to uconn mid season? They looked like this back in November with their non conference schedule. But then finished 4th in the big east and look pretty average most of the conference season. Now they are back to what they looked like in November

What happen to uconn mid season? They looked like this back in November with their non conference schedule. But then finished 4th in the big east and look pretty average most of the conference season. Now they are back to what they looked like in November

They had a rough patch in January, for sure. But, they also won 9 of their last 11 heading in the NCAA Tournament. And their 2 losses against Creighton, on the road, and against Marquette in MSG, came down to the final minute. Obviously neither of those losses are bad. And they just as easily could have been on an 11 game winning streak.

They had a rough patch in January, for sure. But, they also won 9 of their last 11 heading in the NCAA Tournament. And their 2 losses against Creighton, on the road, and against Marquette in MSG, came down to the final minute. Obviously neither of those losses are bad. And they just as easily could have been on an 11 game winning streak.
Ah. Miami will give them a game I think. Wong, pack and Miller are legit and more athletic than Gonzaga is To me

Ah. Miami will give them a game I think. Wong, pack and Miller are legit and more athletic than Gonzaga is To me

Without a doubt. Super athletic. Miami can drop 80 points on any team, given the tempo isn't crawling. Only a matter of can they make enough stops.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Miami is really, really good, though. Feel like they have the highest ceiling of all the ACC teams. Good enough to make it to a Final Four, IMO.

I think you could legitimately argue that Jordan Miller is the most productive Miami player.

Made the first statement back in February. And I made the second statement three weeks ago. First one is obviously true. And I think Miller is Miami's most important player, even if Wong receives more of the notoriety.

Reactions: GE Nole
I mean losses to St. John’s and seton hall on back to back to games? Uconn lost 4 of 5 games to start the 2023 year

That may have been when most of our staff was out with Covid, but honestly I dont recall the exact dates from that. Pretty sure the SH game Coach was gone, unsure about the SJ game.

Reactions: AuHoosier420

Yes, UConn looks a notch above everyone in the country right now.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT