ADVERTISEMENT

One and done freshmen?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Kerry Blackshear is probably the best one and done “recruit” this year. But of the freshmen only, who on your team or in your conference is looking like a one and done candidate?

ACC will have Cole Anthony and Vernon Carey almost assuredly. Probably Matthew Hurt. Decent chance Patrick Williams is one and done as well.

Frankly that’s a little light for the ACC. Any I’m missing? What about other leagues?

From the ACC, I think Samuel Williamson will be one and done. And I'm kind of expecting Wendell Moore to be a OAD, as well.

Reactions: GE Nole
From the ACC, I think Samuel Williamson will be one and done. And I'm kind of expecting Wendell Moore to be a OAD, as well.

Williamson is a good one. Moore...idk. Is he too soft? Seems like a tweener.

Without any homer picks im anxious to see if Anthony Edwards will have a 50 shot per game minimum.

Reactions: GE Nole
Not sold at all on Hurt being one and done. We’ll see.

Not sold on any outside the very top recruits (Ant Edwards, Wiseman, etc) being really ready to be 1 & done. There will be a bunch that go but it'll be a mistake.

For the SEC I'll go Ant Edwards, Scottie Lewis, Maxey, Whitney & Trendon Watford.

Anywhere but duke he would be one and done. White guts have a 2 yr minimum there. Especially ones that are almost seven feet and 100 pounds wet

Yeah...with that stick body, he’s going to need to display serious skills next year.

Not sold on any outside the very top recruits (Ant Edwards, Wiseman, etc) being really ready to be 1 & done. There will be a bunch that go but it'll be a mistake.

For the SEC I'll go Ant Edwards, Scottie Lewis, Maxey, Whitney & Trendon Watford.
It has nothing to do with duke either. I wasn’t crazy about him period, but they have very little in the front court and need him. There is no bagley/carter type tandem there. He will have his moments both good and bad no doubt. I predict him to look bad against a few bad teams, but be above average for the most part. Then out of no where when he gets to acc play against the unc, va, and fla st’s and have these amazing games. Where he can’t miss or be scored on.

It has nothing to do with duke either. I wasn’t crazy about him period, but they have very little in the front court and need him. There is no bagley/carter type tandem there. He will have his moments both good and bad no doubt. I predict him to look bad against a few bad teams, but be above average for the most part. Then out of no where when he gets to acc play against the unc, va, and fla st’s and have these amazing games. Where he can’t miss or be scored on.

He better add some bulk if he wants to bang around with us. Noles never lack for physicality.

He better add some bulk if he wants to bang around with us. Noles never lack for physicality.
Agreed, state always has very competitive teams, but like my beloved bungles they always find a way to screw it up when it means the most.

Agreed, state always has very competitive teams, but like my beloved bungles they always find a way to screw it up when it means the most.

I don’t think it’s all that complicated. Like your Bungles, we just aren’t as talented as the elite teams. Sure there is good talent. But not championship talent.

Still, we win our fair share. Seem to outperform our preseason expectations on nearly an annual basis.

I don't see any Big Ten players unless Michigan signs this punchable fvck's little brother:

ncaa-tournament-michigan-vs-loyola-chicago-in-final-four-march-31-2018-4faaa141239393f6.jpg

Really interested to see what Mike White does with Scottie Lewis.

He seemed like a sure thing.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT